Sigourney Weaver Updates Us On Blomkamp’s Alien 5!

Started by Perfect-Organism, Apr 21, 2016, 06:52:21 PM

Author
Sigourney Weaver Updates Us On Blomkamp’s Alien 5! (Read 37,153 times)

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Stolen on Apr 21, 2016, 06:46:53 PM
http://aggressivecomix.com/blomkamps-alien-film-update-from-ripley-herself/

Blomkamp's "Alien" Film: Update From Ripley Herself

QuoteWell, I *think* it is.  Ridley asked Neill NOT to make our Alien til after Prometheus 2.  He (Ridley) wanted his movie to shoot and be released first.  But it's an AMAZING script, and Neill and I are REALLY excited about doing it.  We're doing other things until we can get going on that.  I'd be really surprised if we DIDN'T do it, because it's such a great script, and we love working together.  So, it's just going to take a little bit longer to get out to you, but it'll be worth the wait.

If this is real, then its fantastic that the enthusiasm is still there and it is still happening.  We should post this in the Alien 5 news thread...

Corporal Hicks

Sigourney Weaver updates on Blomkamp’s Alien 5! Speaking at an event hosted by virtualization software developer, VMware, Sigourney Weaver talked about her various movie roles and when asked about the state of Neill Blomkamp’s on-hold Alien 5 provided the following update:

“Well, I *think* it is.  Ridley asked Neill NOT to make our Alien til after Prometheus 2.  He (Ridley) wanted his movie to shoot and be released first.  But it's an AMAZING script, and Neill and I are REALLY excited about doing it.  We're doing other things until we can get going on that.  I'd be really surprised if we DIDN'T do it, because it's such a great script, and we love working together.  So, it's just going to take a little bit longer to get out to you, but it'll be worth the wait.”

The comments come via Aggressive Comix who also mentioned that “the audience reacted strongly” to the news. It is great to hear Sigourney’s enthusiasm for the script. Back in September of 2015, Ridley Scott also commented on Blomkamp’s script saying “we just have the first [screenplay] draft in so far but it looks pretty good.”

Sigourney Weaver Updates on Blomkamp's Alien 5 at VMware event. Photograph taken by Eric L Nielsen.

Sigourney Weaver Updates on Blomkamp’s Alien 5 at VMware event. Photograph taken by Eric L Nielsen.

The last we heard of Blomkamp’s Alien sequel, it was on hold whilst Sir Ridley Scott worked on the Prometheus sequel, now titled Alien: Covenant. When speaking about Alien 5 previously, Ridley Scott had stated the intent to release Alien: Covenant first and then start work on Blomkamp’s sequel: "I'm producing it... The design is for it to go out next, after this. This will go out first. It's more associated with Ripley, it's a completely different angle, it's more of a sequel. I'm coming in from the back end."

Bloody Disgusting, who first broke the news of the possibility of the postponement of Alien 5, also reported that Alien 5 would likely be filming in 2017 for a 2018 release: “If all goes well, Blomkamp will likely shoot Alien 5 sometime in 2017, ahead of a release the following year. So that gives fans a one-two punch of Scott's Prometheus 2 in 2017 and Blomkamp's own Alien film in 2018.”

Thanks to Stolen for the news.

426Buddy

Kinda a bummer, I was kinda hoping it was shelved.

I'm all for a Blomkamp Alien movie, just not on board with a retcon of half series. I don't like resurrection, but not enough to erase it from the series.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I had assumed the request to put it on hold came from Fox.

So Siggy's read the script and thinks it's great. Good to hear this is hopefully still a thing.

Perfect-Organism

Fantastic news!  We get to have the best best of all worlds in this!

Xenomorphine

Wonder if this will finally put all those unfounded it-will-never-happen assumptions to rest. :)

Exactly what some of us had been suspecting, all along. RS just needs to focus on his own project before taking up producing duties on this.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Now cue all the Alien 3 fanboys and their incessant railing at Blomkamps "fan fiction".

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Apr 21, 2016, 07:57:49 PM
Wonder if this will finally put all those unfounded it-will-never-happen assumptions to rest. :)

She doesn't seem 100% sure of it herself.

Joshua Alamos

Joshua Alamos

I'm so excited about this its insane ;D  :o

FiorinaFury161

I will still give it a shot.

Spoiler
Yes, The Eighth Passenger, it is still fan fiction to me LOL ;D
[close]

Darkness

It's all ifs buts and maybes. By the time we find out whether Covenant was a success or not, these lot have will have long forgotten about it and moved onto other projects. Weaver's going to be pretty busy with all the Avatar sequels. I really don't think they'll get another chance now.

XenoZipper

Good news!! Hope it does come into being. I honestly have low hopes for Covenant so I'm really hoping for this movie to happen.

Number13

Thank you Ms. Weaver.

Murfy426

While I still disagree with the need for Weaver to rally a continuation for the series its still good to hear that the project has not been completely lost to the four winds. I do share Darkness' worry though that by the time Covenant is done depending on its reception that the parties involved for this sequel will be too busy in their own projects just simply because they need to stay in active work.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 21, 2016, 08:02:27 PM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Apr 21, 2016, 07:57:49 PM

She doesn't seem 100% sure of it herself.

Yeah. It doesn't sound like a definite at the minute. I imagine it will come down to the success of Alien: Covenant. If it bombs I doubt we'll see this. Though that wont happen as Covenant will be good!

I'd like to think they may have worked the delays into consideration with their schedules though.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Hmm, I recall a number of occasions when actors compliment the script yet the movie turns out not so great,
hope this film doesn't turn out that way.

Ridley has said that if Alien Covenant does well he'll do two more movies, the Alien Prequel/Prometheus Quadrilogy, and after he'll Produce Neill's Aliens sequel. Question is how long will this be, is Scott going to get bored and move onto other movies for a number of years and eventually come back to the series when he feels like it.

One approach Fox & Ridley could take would be to do one long production back to back like The Lord of the Rings trilogy, Matrix 2 & 3, in doing that the movies we'll be out each year 2017, 2018, 2019, and lastly Neill's film for 2020. Though come to think of it that may not be entirely practical. Honestly I just want the one prequel that establishes how the Space Jockey crashed the derelict on LV-426, wonder if this multiple movie saga is really warranted. For that matter is Neill movie set to be a final instalment or is he too planing to make a multitude of sequels?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed