Recent posts

Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien Romulus Teaser Trail...
Last post by Corporal Hicks - Today at 11:45:08 AM
Quote from: SiL on Today at 10:05:19 AMIt's my biggest issue with the black goo and its various creations. Why bother with the Alien any more? Outside of nostalgia it's honestly kind of lame in comparison. I said in another thread if it weren't for brand recognition the audience would think the Alien is proof David is shithouse at making things.

"Look at my life's work! Something with a really cumbersome life cycle compared to the thing I made it out of, but this time with acid blood!"

This is where I struggle because I like the idea of the Aliens being some revenge/spite/rape monster specifically designed for mankind by David, and it's cumbersome to ensure more discomfort/pain/etc.

But I also really hate David designing the Aliens. So it's just a lose-lose for me.
Let's not forget Alex Garland de facto directed Dredd (original director Pete Travis was let go in post-production) and also did a screenplay for Sunshine, one of the best modern sci-fi movies ❤️.
Spoiler
Colqhoun and Tau down. Nikolai too, Marikova supposedly ?
[close]

This book is really good at suspens.
Quote from: aliens13 on Today at 04:21:51 AM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Yesterday at 01:08:49 PMI do find it easier to rewatch than the prequels, if only because the lore is not as damaged by it compared to the prequels.
I never had anything against Resurrection, it's an unnecessary film? Yes, it is but it's better than any of both AvP and Prometheus and it's a fun movie

The fun level is pretty high, but so is the dumb level.

Thanks Joss !
I meant specifically to the lore regarding the life-cycle and biology of the alien. Other than the fast life-cycle and recycled design from rez, the alien in AVP is still an ancient creature, and not a lab experiment. Aliens being on earth is less damaging to me than them being a relatively new artificial creation. Just my own opinion here though.

There is plenty wrong with AVP, its just its easier to stomach for me when it comes to the Alien lore.
Holy cow, that´s a real corker!  :o  ;D  Gonna get it!
Last post by The Cruentus - Today at 11:28:48 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Today at 03:05:57 AMThat's more like it.

You should have said "do it, give in to the dark side"  :laugh:
Last post by SiL - Today at 11:22:37 AM
The prequels are fairly consistent that the pathogen creates things that are capable of reproducing.

As a movie threat, the Alien has no advantages over the pathogen or pathogen created things outside of acid blood. It has restraints introduced that make it less threatening and less destructive than the alternatives.

If nostalgia weren't at play what we see in Covenant doesn't sell the Alien as anything special.
Quote from: The Cruentus on Yesterday at 01:08:49 PMI do find it's easier to rewatch than the prequels, if only because the lore's not as damaged by it compared to the prequels.

If find the pussification and gentrification of both the Alien and Predator infinitely more damaging than anything the prequels add. Visually and auditorily underwhelming as well. It also undermines the Alien as an entity if it has been successfully contained on Earth numerous times.
If you take it as a parody rather than a proper entry, Resurrection is enjoyable.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed