Daily Star Interviews Kate Dickie

Started by Darkness, Jan 13, 2012, 07:35:45 PM

Author
Daily Star Interviews Kate Dickie (Read 37,144 times)

Valaquen

Valaquen

The Daily Star is a rag.

Promethean Fire

Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 14, 2012, 11:33:28 AM
The Daily Star is a rag.

Amen to that.  Does make a lovely poke of chips though!

Infected

Infected

Maybe we are giving this movie too much credit already and will this movie be an action paced movie what will only last for an hour and a half.

Darkness

Darkness

Why would they make it up? They've clearly spoken to her and the 28 minutes thing is pretty specific.

Gazz

Gazz

I really don't mean to be that guy but I would of really appreciated a spoiler warning since the article is clearly dealing with specifics for character deaths.

And yeah, The Daily Star really is a rag of a newspaper.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Darkness on Jan 14, 2012, 03:21:47 PM
Why would they make it up? They've clearly spoken to her and the 28 minutes thing is pretty specific.

As referred to earlier, they've had an amazingly bad track record when it comes to predictions for this sort of thing and, in particular, 'Doctor Who'. :) It's usually something they've either picked up from trawling forums for speculation or an off-hand quote spoken in jest which they interpret literally and claim it's exclusive.

That already seems to be the case with the character name they quote.

Take everything in this with a huge pinch of salt, unless a direct quote.

I also doubt the actress would be allowed to say such a thing or, more importantly, would be able to: She wouldn't have seen the final cut yet and wouldn't know how long the edited scenes are.

Highland

Highland

You'd have to ask yourself how she would know that though?

Unless her wages are paid by the minute.

Valaquen

Valaquen

They used Dan Luvisi's fan-art in their article. They did their Prometheus research, obviously ...

Mustangjeff

They couldn't even get the character name correct, so the 28 mins might also just have been pulled out of thin air.  I have my doubts they even talked to her.  Those quotes could have been made at anytime to anyone and they just reused them.

Highland

Highland

Hang on, isn't the Star the one with all the tits? I've not been back to Scotland in a couple of years (I'm Scottish and live in Australia).

I'm sure it's the titty paper. Nothing inside is real.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Yeah, why would an unreliable British tabloid, read by uneducated morons make something up?!  You'd almost think that they were purposefully leaving all journalistic integrity at the door in order to try and sell more papers or something.

Darkness, either you're not British or you're extremely naive?  I'm guessing it's primarily the former, with a touch of the latter.

I really don't think that this article should have been posted on the main page of this site, at least not without a disclaimer of bullsh*t!  It's the Daily Star for fu*ks sake!

SuperM

SuperM

seriously putting spoilers like that in front of everyone? what the f**k

Darkness

Darkness

It's printed media so it's still very important.

And no, I don't read newspapers so I don't know much about them. Newspapers are all the same to me.

Quote from: SuperM on Jan 14, 2012, 05:50:57 PM
seriously putting spoilers like that in front of everyone? what the f**k

Yeah, dude, I get it. I'll install some kind of spoiler tag for the news.

It's not exactly a huge spoiler. We know most of the characters will die and we know there will be other creatures in it too.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: St_Eddie on Jan 14, 2012, 04:18:45 PMI really don't think that this article should have been posted on the main page of this site, at least not without a disclaimer of bullsh*t!  It's the Daily Star for fu*ks sake!
I wouldn't wipe my arse with the Star. It's used for wrapping fish and chip suppers in no-class schemes. It's also nice for lining litter trays. Along with The Sun, they're just the yellowest of the yellow 'journalists'.

Gazz

Gazz

Quote from: Darkness on Jan 14, 2012, 05:52:03 PM

It's not exactly a huge spoiler. We know most of the characters will die and we know there will be other creatures in it too.

True, but unchecked specifics like the exact run time a person has on screen can really ruin the tension. However, thanks for looking into installing some spoiler tag for news!

Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 14, 2012, 05:58:03 PM
Quote from: St_Eddie on Jan 14, 2012, 04:18:45 PMI really don't think that this article should have been posted on the main page of this site, at least not without a disclaimer of bullsh*t!  It's the Daily Star for fu*ks sake!
I wouldn't wipe my arse with the Star. It's used for wrapping fish and chip suppers in no-class schemes. It's also nice for lining litter trays. Along with The Sun, they're just the yellowest of the yellow 'journalists'.

Ugh, The Sun/ Scum is among the worst papers out there. Never bought it and never will. Same as with the Daily Mail.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed