Tactical Multiplayer Trailer

Started by ikarop, Jan 30, 2013, 06:25:20 PM

Author
Tactical Multiplayer Trailer (Read 43,847 times)

[T)A]DarkDragon

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Feb 02, 2013, 01:41:01 AM
There are no multiplayer tactics in this game, like there are none for other games. Nobody ever bothers to do even the simplest things, like group up together and give over-arcing fields of fire... Sadly.

might want to rethink that.

left 4 dead, counter strike, planet side 2 just the first to pop in my head. i rarely play these games without a team that communicates.

left 4 dead is a good example since aliens co is some what of a clone.  when your on a team with four infected that use strategies, you are much more effective than four infected just charging in hoping to do damage.
smoke/death charges are a perfect example of tactics, and i can see aliens co marines really require some tactical hits.

when your just playing a public game, yeah your mostly not going to find tactical game play. l4d2 is an exception because the game is 4v4, kind of forcing your team to work together.
their are plenty of competitive communities for many games.

the trailer was alright.
the smog effect would be alright, if only one class could use it. say only the lurker was able to use smog.
and this has to be console gameplay, the multiplayer demos looked much better graphically.

did anyone else notice the spit effect at 1:19? the spit is coming from the aliens chest and goes through its mouth.

the lack of animation in the marines is better disappointing.

still have high hopes for this game, but im predicting it wont entertain me for very long. luckily crysis 3 comes out a week later.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Quote from: Kalawaki on Feb 01, 2013, 08:58:07 PM
Quote from: Le Celticant on Feb 01, 2013, 08:20:07 PM
Quote from: Dovahkiin on Feb 01, 2013, 04:19:29 PM
Quote from: Kalawaki on Feb 01, 2013, 03:57:56 PM
You know, I tend to find that games without the maximum HIGH-DEF graphics tend to be ones that have better gameplay.

Why?

Because those HD graphics that everyone bitches and moans about have a nasty tendency to take up roughly 60-65% of the game disc's precious space. You can only have so much memory on one disc. That's why larger, more lengthly games tend to have two disc's. But the additional disc means more expense in producing the product, so few companies ever try to make two and struggle to balance gameplay into one disc's memory.

Tl;Dr? The less the graphics, the better the gameplay will likely be. Quit bitching until you play it.

I do agree that people shouldn't go too crazy until they play the game.

I do agree that 7 billions people should have watch avp-requiem to say it sucks.
That way, we would have get an even worse sequel with giant dinosaurs aliens but we would all be happy because we could all judge that this movie sucks because we all saw it.

::)
Thank you for agreeing that judgement is best reserved until after you actually know what you're talking about.  ♥

No, just no.
I try to count on a hand how much time concerning something related to Alien/Predator/AVP I've been wrong before it was released and this is as close as possible to 0.
I wish A:CM could have been the exception but the more they show us, the more I dislike.

Your argument is anyway invalid since some people are doing the opposite.
Kinda proves that it is possible to judge before a release.
Now that you agree or disagree with this people is totally subjective and isn't a truth.

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 02, 2013, 04:45:22 AM
Gearbox wants to say "we're giving you the authentic experience" and then they toss in a bunch of crap. Those two things are not compatible concepts.

Well that's your opinion and I respectfully disagree.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Quote from: Predaker on Feb 02, 2013, 02:49:55 PM
Gearbox wants to say "we're giving you the authentic experience" and then they toss in a bunch of crap. Those two things are not compatible concepts.

What is then the authentic experience?
Please tell me, I want to know it sooooo much  :P

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: Le Celticant on Feb 02, 2013, 02:53:40 PM

Don't ask me, ask yourself. :)

WinterActual

WinterActual

Its not his opinion its a fact that GBX are far away from what canon means.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: WinterActual on Feb 02, 2013, 03:38:35 PM

Technically they are close to canon since it's been greenlite as canon by FOX itself.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: ScardyFox on Feb 02, 2013, 03:48:15 PM
Quote from: WinterActual on Feb 02, 2013, 03:38:35 PM

Technically they are close to canon since it's been greenlite as canon by FOX itself.

http://images.sodahead.com/profiles/0/0/1/1/8/7/6/5/3/oh-you-93067263235.jpeg

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

... awesome :)

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

It's a fact that Gearbox has stated they're trying to give the audience an authentic experience.

Authentic does not include changes to design and sound, including extreme alien variants, and fiddling with the timeline of events as they occured in the original trilogy.

I could give a shit about "canon." The world authentic as Gearbox has been using it, refers to the replication of the atmosphere, design, and nature of the movie Aliens. When you change the formula in the extreme, you dissolve the authenticity. That is a fact of art and design, not an opinion.

Also, if you're going to say "you're wrong" it's generally best course to explain why. Especially when someone brings up a legitimate point and you basically ignore them.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Quote from: Predaker on Feb 02, 2013, 02:59:32 PM
Quote from: Le Celticant on Feb 02, 2013, 02:53:40 PM

Don't ask me, ask yourself. :)

The obvious pointed me to ask the question since I already asked it to myself.

Spoiler
A bit of logic never hurts ya know.  :P
[close]

Kalawaki

Kalawaki

Quote from: Le Celticant on Feb 02, 2013, 02:12:34 PM
Quote from: Kalawaki on Feb 01, 2013, 08:58:07 PM
Thank you for agreeing that judgement is best reserved until after you actually know what you're talking about.  ♥

No, just no.
I try to count on a hand how much time concerning something related to Alien/Predator/AVP I've been wrong before it was released and this is as close as possible to 0.
I wish A:CM could have been the exception but the more they show us, the more I dislike.

Your argument is anyway invalid since some people are doing the opposite.
Kinda proves that it is possible to judge before a release.
Now that you agree or disagree with this people is totally subjective and isn't a truth.
You are judging something when you literally have no idea what you are talking about. If anyones argument is invalid, it is yours.

You're nearly as bad as that one person that tried to argue with me about the movie Prometheus when he hadn't even seen it yet and had done literally no research on the film prior to it.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Feb 02, 2013, 06:51:48 AM
That was awesome.

Glad I could provide. :)

Quote from: [T)A]DarkDragon on Feb 02, 2013, 09:43:03 AM
left 4 dead is a good example since aliens co is some what of a clone.  when your on a team with four infected that use strategies, you are much more effective than four infected just charging in hoping to do damage.
smoke/death charges are a perfect example of tactics, and i can see aliens co marines really require some tactical hits.

when your just playing a public game, yeah your mostly not going to find tactical game play. l4d2 is an exception because the game is 4v4, kind of forcing your team to work together.

Your experience clearly differs to my own. :) In both of the 'Left 4 Dead' games, I actually found they were the worst offenders, for some strange reason. Even co-operative modes generally had all and sundry acting without a thought to self-preservation, much less working together.

If your experience has been more positive, I'm glad for you, but it's very rare I've ever found anyone wanting to work as a team; whether on public servers or just private games. There's just something very weird about activating multiplayer, which seems to cause otherwise intelligent people to turn into Leeroy Jenkins clones, in my experience. Everyone just runs around and burst into laughter when they can create the most confusing mess of things. If that makes them happy, good for them! But it's honestly not something I find the least bit entertaining, much less fun.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Feb 03, 2013, 12:39:20 AM
Your experience clearly differs to my own. :) In both of the 'Left 4 Dead' games, I actually found they were the worst offenders, for some strange reason. Even co-operative modes generally had all and sundry acting without a thought to self-preservation, much less working together.
Same here. Teammates in Left 4 Dead usually don't give a shit about you and leave you to die.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Cal427eb on Feb 03, 2013, 01:16:14 AM
Same here. Teammates in Left 4 Dead usually don't give a shit about you and leave you to die.

Pretty much... Sad, really, because when you do manage to find someone who makes an effort, it's a really fun, rewarding experience.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed