Tactical Multiplayer Trailer

Started by ikarop, Jan 30, 2013, 06:25:20 PM

Author
Tactical Multiplayer Trailer (Read 43,845 times)

SuperM

Dill-On

Dill-On

I'M OUT!

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Where were the tactics in the trailer?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Cal427eb on Feb 01, 2013, 10:19:56 PM

The Xenos were the focus since they were the ones who showed any sort of tactical strategies. Case in point...the smog, and also rampaging Crusher as the tank, keeping the xenos behind it safe and sound until they are ready to f**k shit up. Spitters on the high ground attacking the marines...

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: ShadowPred on Feb 02, 2013, 01:09:13 AM
Quote from: Cal427eb on Feb 01, 2013, 10:19:56 PM

The Xenos were the focus since they were the ones who showed any sort of tactical strategies. Case in point...the smog, and also rampaging Crusher as the tank, keeping the xenos behind it safe and sound until they are ready to f**k shit up. Spitters on the high ground attacking the marines...
Yeah but I want I went in expecting something for the marines. I wish they had kept the squad features in the game though.  :-\

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

There are no multiplayer tactics in this game, like there are none for other games. Nobody ever bothers to do even the simplest things, like group up together and give over-arcing fields of fire... Sadly.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

I know.  :-\

When they first announced the game they made it seem like there would be a big emphasis on squad play and teamwork. Kinda sad that they decided to drop it.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Multiplayer games: When you're surrounded by Leeroy Jenkins clones, everyone can hear you scream rage-quit.

Predaker

Predaker

No emphasis on tactical squad teamwork in multiplayer? Hello, red dots...

Kalawaki

Kalawaki

According to my friend who played the game at Eurogamer, after wandering off and getting killed horribly a few times the marine players seemed to just naturally bunch together and work like a big unit instead of a bunch of lone wolves.

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: Kalawaki on Feb 02, 2013, 03:05:41 AM
According to my friend who played the game at Eurogamer, after wandering off and getting killed horribly a few times the marine players seemed to just naturally bunch together and work like a big unit instead of a bunch of lone wolves.

Same with the alien team. Gameplay that was designed to build tension and fear while naturally promoting teamwork.

"But iz not Canonz lulz"

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Predaker on Feb 02, 2013, 02:21:17 AM
No emphasis on tactical squad teamwork in multiplayer? Hello, red dots...

That doesn't really promote team work. If anything not having that exact information would help push marine players closer together to avoid picking up rogue blips.

You want to make the marine team work closer together, and also avoid retarded alien bullsh*t? Simple. Very simple. Adopt the strategy of game mods like Front Line Force. Being close to your team mates grants you certain percs. (Better weapon accuracy, better movement speed.)

Quote from: Predaker on Feb 02, 2013, 03:21:23 AM
"But iz not Canonz lulz"

Keep it up. It's really clever, and not at all what most people are complaining about. Gearbox wants to say "we're giving you the authentic experience" and then they toss in a bunch of crap. Those two things are not compatible concepts. 

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Feb 02, 2013, 01:41:01 AM
There are no multiplayer tactics in this game, like there are none for other games. Nobody ever bothers to do even the simplest things, like group up together and give over-arcing fields of fire... Sadly.
Like there are none for other games? What do you mean man?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsJOFMGYAuk#ws

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: The Runner on Jan 31, 2013, 02:55:22 PM
Quick! Someone make a loop with the song and the Xenos galloping!!!!! LOL!

From my easily amused mind to your computer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXULIoJnGA4#ws

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Feb 02, 2013, 06:36:04 AM
Quote from: The Runner on Jan 31, 2013, 02:55:22 PM
Quick! Someone make a loop with the song and the Xenos galloping!!!!! LOL!

From my easily amused mind to your computer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXULIoJnGA4#ws

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdJ8x6lyrfo#ws

That was awesome.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed