Tactical Multiplayer Trailer

Started by ikarop, Jan 30, 2013, 06:25:20 PM

Author
Tactical Multiplayer Trailer (Read 44,245 times)

HybridNewborn

HybridNewborn

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jan 30, 2013, 07:23:12 PM

Quote from: HybridNewborn on Jan 30, 2013, 07:21:49 PM
So... Left4Aliens is the impression I'm getting here...

Yeah, when I said I wanted it to be closer to Left 4 Dead than to Call of Duty... I didn't mean it so literally!  :laugh:

Boiler = Boomer
Spitter = Smoker/Spewer
Crusher = Tank
Warrior = Hunter
Alien Swarm = Zombie Horde

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: ikarop on Jan 30, 2013, 07:26:09 PM
It sort of makes sense. Concentrated acid produces so much vapour and can produce chocking, weakness, etc... and even be fatal. I like it #yaychemistry.

There's a difference between me taking my M41A Pulse Rifle, blasting a pack of aliens, and not being able to see because all the acid is smoking up the room... And an alien who farts acid smog.

I'm just saying!

Predaker

Predaker

A few screenshots..

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jan 30, 2013, 07:30:29 PM
Quote from: ikarop on Jan 30, 2013, 07:26:09 PM
It sort of makes sense. Concentrated acid produces so much vapour and can produce chocking, weakness, etc... and even be fatal. I like it #yaychemistry.

There's a difference between me taking my M41A Pulse Rifle, blasting a pack of aliens, and not being able to see because all the acid is smoking up the room... And an alien who farts acid smog.

I'm just saying!

I agree. As always it's all about the execution.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: Predaker on Jan 30, 2013, 07:34:06 PM
A few screenshots..

Looks damn good.

Predaker

Predaker

Thanks for putting the video back up.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Those textures are from 2006.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Predaker on Jan 30, 2013, 07:34:06 PM
A few screenshots..

I really like this one.

reecebomb

reecebomb

Ok now i have realised how much i really dislike the spitter, boiler and crusher/rhino  alien. Other than that the animations, especially for aliens are often terrible, even laughable when they are hopping around. I donĀ“t care for the gfx as long as they're functional, but it does look worse than AVP 2010, but that's not an issue at all imo. Environments look good enough. For me the ultimate gripe with the game is that the developers don't seem have a clue what makes the original Alien and Aliens so special. It's like the Strause brothers all over again! Hope im very very wrong and the game turns out to be what we hoped for.

Salt The Fries

Instead of making alien 3 better and retconing it with aliens and making aliens richer in lore, suddenly this game makes resurrection more credible! That being said I'm on my phone now and haven't seen the video yet.

PVTDukeMorrison

I like how in the first  hour the video is up, people are saying how the game looks nice, then one person says one negative thing and the entire thread turns into people bickering  :P Other than that, I really like this trailer, aside from the marines talking as if they're on Ritalin.

HybridNewborn

HybridNewborn

I am personally pumped for the game! I don't really see the Left4Dead similarities as a bad thing, it's just kind of glaring is all  :laugh: .

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: HybridNewborn on Jan 30, 2013, 08:02:09 PM
I am personally pumped for the game! I don't really see the Left4Dead similarities as a bad thing, it's just kind of glaring is all  :laugh: .

Way to back pedal.

Psh.

HybridNewborn

HybridNewborn

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jan 30, 2013, 08:03:03 PM
Quote from: HybridNewborn on Jan 30, 2013, 08:02:09 PM

Way to back pedal.

Psh.

Who's backpedaling? I never said it was a bad thing, I just said I was getting a Left4Alien vibe from it. I am perfectly fine with them taking a formula that works and copying it.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

This trailer only proves that Escape mode, or whatever mode that has all of this shit too...will be fun. Won't even comment on the rest.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed