Godzilla
99 (75%)
King Kong
25 (18.9%)
I don't know?
8 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 131

Author
The GODZILLA thread (Read 2,501,989 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Well, you know what they say about guys with big feet.

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

It looks like the official Godzilla twitter account is hinting at the reveal of something.

https://twitter.com/TOHO_GODZILLA/status/1479135827481575432

chrisr232007

chrisr232007

Looks like I'll be getting the Apple streaming app....

https://comicbook.com/anime/news/godzilla-monsterverse-tv-series-apple/

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Nice.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Excited, but ugh...another streaming service I'll have to sign up for.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Spoiler
Maybe I'm just lacking in moral fiber, but I'm not signed up to any services and still watch whatever I want.
[close]

nanison

nanison

Apart from having a huge aversion to the seemingly dozens of streaming versions I also have an aversion for every property to get turned into a tv series or anime.
I don't see the appeal in tv series, they're long winding, only about 45 min per episode and then you have to wait another week for another episode which overall doesn't progress the story that much. Movies have a main plot line, that is where they're getting you hooked, tv shows have multiple storylines and there are bound to be a few you just don't care for.
Last but not least, I love rewatching movies but I refuse to rewatch a tv show because who has time for this anyway?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Lots of people have the time apparently. And nobody is stopping you from waiting and then binging the whole thing rather than waiting for episodes.

nanison

nanison

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jan 21, 2022, 07:03:09 PM
Lots of people have the time apparently. And nobody is stopping you from waiting and then binging the whole thing rather than waiting for episodes.

Bingewatching 10 to 12 episodes? No thanks. I'll stick to movies bar the upcoming alien series of course!
I actually miss the days where you had like 2 to 5 tv channels or so!

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

You don't have to watch them all back to back, but if your complaint is that each episode is ~45mins it seems bizarre to not just watch two or three at once, then do the same the next time etc. Basically I'm saying your complaint is all over the place and it feels like you just have a bee in your bonnet about this newfangled streaming malarkey.

SiL

SiL

I've yet to see a modern streaming show that actually felt like it needed to be half as long as it is.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I really enjoyed slowly meandering through Raised by Wolves.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SiL on Jan 21, 2022, 08:06:04 PM
I've yet to see a modern streaming show that actually felt like it needed to be half as long as it is.
depends on what it wants to do really

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I guess it's a fine line between something being a slow-burner and something being overly long.

I really loved the Amazon series Bosch, but that was definitely slow at times, especially the first series.

Conversely everyone raved about Blade Runner 2049 but I thought that was at least half an hour longer than it ever needed to be.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed