Aliens: Bug Hunt - Aliens Anthology Announced!

Started by alienscollection.com, May 10, 2016, 08:21:28 PM

Author
Aliens: Bug Hunt - Aliens Anthology Announced! (Read 109,560 times)

BeowolfSchaefer

Sounds great. I hope an audiobook version will be forthcoming as well!

426Buddy

I'm going to guess all the stories will involve the marines and the aliens in some way. I'm sure the scenarios will differ greatly but I wouldn't expect a book titled Aliens Bug Hunt to have any stories that don't involve both parties.

HuDaFuK

That's assuming the term "Bug Hunt" literally refers only to shooting Xenomorphs...

Which I've never thought it does.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: 420Buddy on May 11, 2016, 02:39:06 PM
I'm going to guess all the stories will involve the marines and the aliens in some way. I'm sure the scenarios will differ greatly but I wouldn't expect a book titled Aliens Bug Hunt to have any stories that don't involve both parties.

Not necessarily. Aliens is just the umbrella title. I could honestly expect to see some stories just with Colonial Marines and no Aliens.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 11, 2016, 02:40:11 PM
That's assuming the term "Bug Hunt" literally refers only to shooting Xenomorphs...

Which I've never thought it does.

It's just military slang. It never related to the Aliens in that way.

426Buddy

426Buddy

It agree started as military slang in the film aliens. But "Bug Hunt" unfortunately, like with the term "Xenomorph", has become inextricably linked with the creature in pop culture.

Obviously the title isn't suggesting the book is about marines going on sweep and clear missions not involving aliens, its suggesting the colonial marines are hunting/fighting aliens specifically. Maybe i'm just crazy though.

Ultramorph

A couple of of the recent novels have said that the Marines have encountered several hostile alien species, so it's safe to assume that we may get some stories that don't involve capital X xenos.

Xenomrph

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 11, 2016, 01:42:10 PM
Quote from: Mr. Clemens on May 11, 2016, 01:35:52 PMEighteen short stories about colonial marines getting ambushed and slaughtered by aliens sounds a tad repetitive.

That's why I'm hoping it'll branch out into other stuff they do. Like the Tech Manual did.
Have you read the old Leading Edge 'Aliens' RPG? It goes into more detail about Marine activities and procedures than the Tech Manual does.

426Buddy

Quote from: Ultramorph on May 11, 2016, 03:33:46 PM
A couple of of the recent novels have said that the Marines have encountered several hostile alien species, so it's safe to assume that we may get some stories that don't involve capital X xenos.

Could be, we'll have to wait and see i guess. But i'll place my wager now that all of the stories will include the alien in some way.

Praetorian Peak

Beans Bruh. Cool Beans.

LordCassusSnow

OOHH!! Maybe this book is about the marine squad from Aliens and their encounter with the grain parasites on Actura??

Perfect-Organism

I have to say this is pretty exciting..

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: LordCassusSnow on May 11, 2016, 04:09:24 PM
OOHH!! Maybe this book is about the marine squad from Aliens and their encounter with the grain parasites on Actura??

I remember this but not where it's from?

LordCassusSnow

It's mentioned in Carter Burke's memo in the Weyland Yutani files. I'm sure that mission on Actura is why those marines painted Bug Stomper on one of the dropships and why Hudson and Hicks refer to their next mission as a "bug hunt". Unless they were sent to the sinkhole in the American arm like the marines in 1st platoon Bravo Company. But Acturians have been mentioned a few times in the new Titan books series so it'd make sense. I'd honestly love a book about the marines from Aliens and what their comradery was like prior to Hadley's Hope   :o

Darwinsgirl

I would love it if these stories included some back ground into Vasquez, Dietrich,Corp Ferro and of course any further adventures with Newt.  :)

Xenomrph

Arcturians have been mentioned (note the spelling), I wonder if "Actura" is a typo or if it's actually something different. Sort of like Dr Gediman's "Fiori 16", or the USCM Tech Manual's "Thetis".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed