Ridley Scott to Direct Alien Prequel!

Started by Darkness, Jul 31, 2009, 01:34:13 PM

Author
Ridley Scott to Direct Alien Prequel! (Read 24,596 times)

Xenomorphine

I regard this as interesting, but it's not dampening my caution about this project. I remember some of the ideas this director has espoused for a fifth film and they were a bit bizarre.

pvt. hicks

pvt. hicks

lik what, xeno? list 'em all.

Alien³

Faith is restored.

Dallas

Dallas

This had to be a prequel because AR ruined the franchise and there was nowhere to go with it.  Ripley 8 was one of the dumbest ideas in modern film making.

RoaryUK

WHY are some people assuming that, just because the new movie is a prequel, this new Alien movie will be about Space Jockeys or even Ripley??  If you didnt get it in the original movie then you obviously wern't watching, soooo, do yourselves a BIG favour and read the book by Alan Dean Foster.  CASES IN POINT...  Space travel has obviously been around a long time.... NOWHERE is it stated no one had seen the Alien Ship before it was only assumed, but it WAS stated that ship has also been on the planetoid a very long time.  Read between the lines people theres BAGS of scope for this.

ScarFan

ScarFan

Little to NO CG.  NO ADI.  NO PG 13.  NO FOX making creative decisions.  NO Comedy.  NO new alien designs.  NO chestbursters that look like hotdog buns with teeth.  NO aliens trotting around like raptors and if Jean Pierre whatever, Paul Anderson or the Strause brothers come within 100 miles of the filming they must be aprehended and a restraining order must be placed.

Alien³

Here, here ScarFan!

ElderPred

ElderPred

Predator getting a sequel produced by Rodriguez, Alien getting a prequel directed by Scott. Everything is as it should be.

Lucky

Lucky

This is awesome!!  Cameron can do the next one!!

Hemi

Hemi

this is indeed the best news ive heard in a while. We're gonna be in for a treat fellas!!     ;D  

Burn the Floor

Three words: this will ROCK!    ;D  

iAINTgotTIMEtoBLEED

My friend texted me this news this morning, he's not one to mess around with me on this subject but had to investigate it myself! - This has made my day!   ;D  

automirage04

automirage04

Glad to see Scott finally took his head out of his ass and agreed to direct the damn thing

K

K

Even WITH Ridley at the healm, they're gonna have to dig DEEP to conjure up any kind of quality story and plot for the idea of a prequel... Ridley Scott =/= automatic success.

Xenobiology

Yeah hopefully they don't butcher this film at all

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed