Started by City Hunter Yautja, Jul 09, 2021, 12:53:51 AM

Who is the Greater Trophy Hunter?

Jungle Hunter (Predator)
8 (57.1%)
City Hunter (Predator 2)
6 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author
Jungle Hunter vs City Hunter (Read 7,082 times)

Huggs

Huggs

I always figured he was younger and less experienced.

Sort of on Predator Rumspringa.

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 11, 2021, 04:02:24 AM
I always figured he was younger and less experienced.

Sort of on Predator Rumspringa.

That's interesting, his breathing issues made me think he was older, including his skin coloring.

SiL

SiL

To be fair he only had breathing issues after having his chest blown open by a shotgun. I also got the impression it was younger.

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: SiL on Jul 11, 2021, 04:10:52 AM
To be fair he only had breathing issues after having his chest blown open by a shotgun. I also got the impression it was younger.

Xenopedia claims he's Blooded which a rank above:

Pup
Young Blood
Unblooded

So he's not a young blood.

Link: https://avp.fandom.com/wiki/City_Hunter

Immortan Jonesy

Maybe City Hunter was just being deadly childish.  :laugh:

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 11, 2021, 03:35:06 AM
Your last paragraph is very wise. Some things are beyond our understanding. :)

Thank you.  :)

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter be like, "I'm a kid in a cadaver store." :D

I just can't help loving City Hunter, he's so bad to the bone; how he jumps into a sea of people and takes them apart. I mean what's more epic? Jungle blasting Jessie Ventura through the chest, or City dropping down with Combistick to take on Keyes and his men? ;)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 11, 2021, 04:12:57 AM

With all due respect I don't take fan sites as gospel.

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 11, 2021, 04:25:54 AM
I mean what's more epic? Jungle blasting Jessie Ventura through the chest, or City dropping down with Combistick to take on Keyes and his men? ;)

Jungle Hunter walking out of the water after chasing Dutch down the waterfall remains the most epic predator moment for me. That thing just exuded dread.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: SiL on Jul 11, 2021, 05:43:33 AM
Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 11, 2021, 04:12:57 AM

With all due respect I don't take fan sites as gospel.

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 11, 2021, 04:25:54 AM
I mean what's more epic? Jungle blasting Jessie Ventura through the chest, or City dropping down with Combistick to take on Keyes and his men? ;)

Jungle Hunter walking out of the water after chasing Dutch down the waterfall remains the most epic predator moment for me. That thing just exuded dread.

Gospel or not its a source. I mean we are fans and have caught details. Are we to consider ourselves irrelevant? So in the same way I urge we nor dismiss fan discoveries and data unless it be proven error.

That is a great scene, Dutch seemed done for.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 11, 2021, 07:25:10 AM
Gospel or not its a source.
I'm saying he's younger. My source is myself, a fan. Am I to consider myself irrelevant?

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: SiL on Jul 11, 2021, 07:45:38 AM
Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 11, 2021, 07:25:10 AM
Gospel or not its a source.
I'm saying he's younger. My source is myself, a fan. Am I to consider myself irrelevant?

No, you are entitled to your view. But my point was we shouldn't dismiss Xenopedia because its a fan based site.

SiL

SiL

My point is it has no more weight than any other fan perspective.

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: SiL on Jul 11, 2021, 11:30:55 AM
My point is it has no more weight than any other fan perspective.

Except their database is very thorough and accurate.

SiL

SiL

And yet things like City Hunter being blooded or older or more experienced aren't taken from any evidence in the movies. It's fan speculation.

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: SiL on Jul 11, 2021, 10:54:55 PM
And yet things like City Hunter being blooded or older or more experienced aren't taken from any evidence in the movies. It's fan speculation.

Does the Predator 2 book or comics lend insight on his age? Are there interviews with Winston, Kevin Peter Hall, or Stephen Hopkins?

That would be where one could ascertain the age of City Hunter, in the intent of the director, how Kevin was told to act in comparison to his Jungle Hunter performance.

SuperiorIronman

Illfonic actually has answered "rank" and his age at least to a degree. His flavor text in Hunting Grounds does indicate he's a "young blood" by the time Predator 2 occurs (since it's based on that incarnation of him) and the logs indicate he's around 300 though we don't get a specific age.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed