Depression, Anxiety, and Mood Disorders

Started by LastSurvivor92, Apr 12, 2014, 08:41:08 AM

Author
Depression, Anxiety, and Mood Disorders (Read 76,232 times)

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Feb 04, 2021, 09:23:12 PM
Understandable. It's pretty hellish.

It  is not good.
But you nearly always come out of it wondering why you felt that way in the first place, even though it's bad, it's not so bad

The sparks can be worth it.

Local Trouble

My Xanax weaning seems to be going okay, but I'm feeling increased anxiety in the evenings before bed.  Especially when I've had a stressful workday.

I ordered some CBD oil to see if that will help.

Whiskeybrewer

Hope it does. Heard a lot of good stuff about it

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Try taking some magnesium before bed, Trouble. Helps one relax wonderfully after a hectic day or after doing sport. Also has anti-anxiety properties.

You can take it in tablet form (which takes a while to kick in) or as a topical oil spray (faster, but effect doesn't seem to last as long).

[cancerblack]

Oddly enough, I learned about taking magnesium from an addict, to stop teeth grinding. Also works the same pathways for several anxiety symptoms though it seems.

Kradan

This thread:

Seriously though, I have often mood changes without particularly apparent reasons. Or to be more precise, there's no real telling what can influence it - it can be weather, amount of work I've managed to do throughout a day, tasty meal or even post at AvPGalaxy. It goes from me felling hopeless, lost, alone, tired to happy, playful, euphoric and back pretty quickly. It can be really exhausting at times

[cancerblack]

I don't think magnesium supplements are comparable to psychoactive medications, but I take your point.

BlueMarsalis79

I always resist posting something like this because it makes me look incapable of taking care of myself, both in restraint and well-being, but here it goes.

I used to enjoy the challenge of living, of the simple stuff, but even during that I had an idea of myself of the person I wanted to be.

But I don't even want to reach anymore, for that, I just want to not be anything at all anymore.

Local Trouble

Got my CBD oil today and took my first dose.  So far I feel pretty good.

BlueMarsalis79

I heard it works.

SpaceJac37

I suffered from depression when I was 19, and it was a tough time. Even though I consulted a doctor and received treatment, getting back into my regular life was difficult. Moreover, suicidal thoughts occurred to me more often, so I began to rethink my life and my place in this world. If you also think that your life has no sense, look around. Look at what happens around you: people will soon get to Mars, explore other planets in our universe, invent electric cars, treat diseases, etc. You have to live and see it all.

Xeno Killer 2179

Tried to kill myself a few months ago, again. Same method, except I was careful so even less chance of failure. Avoided the looney bin this time. The Tylenol might have damaged my organs, but I seem healthy.

I've been getting anxiety attacks for no reason the past few weeks. Pretending to puke oddly enough makes them go away.

BlueMarsalis79

Not doing great myself either recently.

Jon Sorensen

Jon Sorensen

My late friend, the Director Ken Russell, always said, "Depression is a natural reaction to a chaotic world".

Vincent Van Gogh said, "Normality is a paved road. It's comfortable to walk but no flowers grow on it".

Some mindfulness music videos on my website.

Take care, guys. And remember, you don't get today back. There is always light!

I'm away for a few months. Probably till the Autumn. Will check back in then.

My Very Best Wishes,

Jon Sorensen

www.jonsorensencreative.com

Xeno Killer 2179

Quote from: Phobos on Nov 07, 2020, 04:11:20 AM
My Dr got me on Melatonin. It's natural and your brain produces it to tell you that it's time to sleep.
Got 5mg stuff with no additives. Working good for sleep and noticing my health and feelings of youthfulness coming back. I need one night without it every two weeks or so to reset, or I feel weird.

Additives for stress relief were in the other 3mg ones I've tried, and this made me feel weird almost all the time and I did not recover quickly from that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed