Peter Weyland video ! ^^

Started by Snowdog, Feb 28, 2012, 07:16:01 PM

Author
Peter Weyland video ! ^^ (Read 145,781 times)

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

because it's not a jif of an actual clip. His face was superimposed in a couple of separate shots.

duckman5150

duckman5150

Sorry if I missed this already. Do any of you rememner that piece of paper that was found after a Prometheus shooting was finished that had some illustrations of a figure (many speculated that this was Weyland) talking to a large crowd. Does anyone still have the link to the pic of that partial sotry board that was found?

Pn2501

Pn2501

Quote from: duckman5150 on Mar 07, 2012, 03:28:45 AM
Sorry if I missed this already. Do any of you rememner that piece of paper that was found after a Prometheus shooting was finished that had some illustrations of a figure (many speculated that this was Weyland) talking to a large crowd. Does anyone still have the link to the pic of that partial sotry board that was found?

it was posted at prometheus-movie.com

BioMechanical

BioMechanical

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Mar 06, 2012, 02:30:22 PM
Quote from: tmjhur on Mar 06, 2012, 12:18:22 PM
What would you all think if all the Weyland technology is stolen from the gods?

well, it certainly looks as if they're going to have to find a previously unrealised technology to get the spacetugs tramping around the galaxy ten years before 2079 or whenever Alien is set. Ridley thought it was rather cheeky to imagine technology leaping that far so soon when he was asked about it during the Blade Runner interviews so perhaps that technology might have to leap into the story from somewhere else

I think it's curious that Weyland Industries from AVP is being used as part of the viral promotion. Do they intend to use it as part of the movie's actual cannon though?

It's not form AVP. Its origin is from the FIRST Alien film directed by Ridley Scott.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

The actual document is still falsified to make it 'seem' like some one found it somewhere. Fox has been behind these leaks since day one I believe.

HybridNewborn

HybridNewborn

Quote from: BioMechanical on Mar 07, 2012, 04:03:09 AM
Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Mar 06, 2012, 02:30:22 PM
Quote from: tmjhur on Mar 06, 2012, 12:18:22 PM
What would you all think if all the Weyland technology is stolen from the gods?

well, it certainly looks as if they're going to have to find a previously unrealised technology to get the spacetugs tramping around the galaxy ten years before 2079 or whenever Alien is set. Ridley thought it was rather cheeky to imagine technology leaping that far so soon when he was asked about it during the Blade Runner interviews so perhaps that technology might have to leap into the story from somewhere else

I think it's curious that Weyland Industries from AVP is being used as part of the viral promotion. Do they intend to use it as part of the movie's actual cannon though?

It's not form AVP. Its origin is from the FIRST Alien film directed by Ridley Scott.

In Alien, and subsequent chronological films, it's Weyland-Yutani. In Alien vs Predator it was simply Weyland Industries which is what the web address is in the Prometheus viral site, even though the logo on the site says Weyland Corp, and the logos we see on the uniforms in the movie trailer say Weyland Mega-Corp. Obviously the company name changes over time.

SM

SM

The website treats 'Corp' and 'Industries' as interchangeable terms.

QuoteIn Alien, and subsequent chronological films, it's Weyland-Yutani

Weylan-Yutani in the first one.

metalos

metalos

So, i think the Weyland Industries and the Yutani Industries are not fusioned to Wayland-Yutani Corporations, yet. I hope we'll watch the fusion, in the Prometheus sequel, maybe.

Viscus

Viscus

Quote from: red_otter on Mar 06, 2012, 02:35:26 PM
Quote from: tmjhur on Mar 05, 2012, 11:55:06 PM
Looking at the updated website. I'm not sure I really like the idea of making the Weyland Corporation this tangible, touchable entity with answers. In some ways it's better and more interesting to have the faceless evil.

Just don't pay the viral stuff too much attention then. I doubt there'll be too much of this sort of detail in the movie, the idea is just to drum up interest.

If that flickering star isn't morse code then it's damn well trying to lead us on a wild goose chase, because it's on a loop (I think) and the pattern fits entirely with morse code. It also stops blinking all together after a while.

I'll be damned if I can get much though. Not sure why but I'm finding it very very hard to keep track. The ones I'm surest of (and I don't know where they come in the sequence) is a 5 followed by an L. That's come back consistently every time I've tried to keep track.

More to follow no doubt, and of course this could easily be a wild goose chase even if it IS morse code!

The star is morse code. It has been solved. It contains the Wow! code.

Put the wow code at the end of the URL and you will find the concept art prize ;)

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: SM on Mar 07, 2012, 05:14:29 AM
The website treats 'Corp' and 'Industries' as interchangeable terms.

QuoteIn Alien, and subsequent chronological films, it's Weyland-Yutani

Weylan-Yutani in the first one.

SM, if there were a thumbs up button, you'd be getting quite a few from me.

I don't mean to disrespect the fact that HybridNewborn noticed what was correct about my earlier post after someone dismissed it and I thank HybridNewborn for pointing that out along with what seems to be the chronological order of the company's name, and almost got the original version of the company's name right but not quite right enough, so as to have to be corrected by someone else on a slight detail. But I find it horridly amusing that a little detail has to be fully unveiled by someone else in all these masses of details although chronologically speaking there wouldn't be an imaginable reason to have changed it from Weyland to Weylan and back to Weyland.

Quote from: Viscus on Mar 07, 2012, 11:47:52 AM
Looking at the updated website. I'm not sure I really like the idea of making the Weyland Corporation this tangible, touchable entity with answers. In some ways it's better and more interesting to have the faceless evil.

Just don't pay the viral stuff too much attention then. I doubt there'll be too much of this sort of detail in the movie, the idea is just to drum up interest.

If that flickering star isn't morse code then it's damn well trying to lead us on a wild goose chase, because it's on a loop (I think) and the pattern fits entirely with morse code. It also stops blinking all together after a while.

I'll be damned if I can get much though. Not sure why but I'm finding it very very hard to keep track. The ones I'm surest of (and I don't know where they come in the sequence) is a 5 followed by an L. That's come back consistently every time I've tried to keep track.

More to follow no doubt, and of course this could easily be a wild goose chase even if it IS morse code!

Put the wow code at the end of the URL and you will find the concept art prize ;)

link?

nendo

nendo

Quote from: AvatarIII on Mar 07, 2012, 12:45:01 PM

link?

https://www.weylandindustries.com/6EQUJ5/

tbh it looks like a still from the movie than concept art

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

That chair looks like it has a control panel wrapping around the front of it. You can see the platform has a section of it that curves back into the centre and then back out again right in front of where the chair is.
Also, it appears there is the same sort of setup on the opposite side of the platform. Next to David you can see the outline of the chair.
Lastly, if you look at the chair you can see that there is a slot in the ground that it must slide backwards and forwards in.

red_otter

red_otter

Thanks, yeah I've been looking at all this stuff on another thread. At least I was right about the 5!!

IaMaPh1991

IaMaPh1991

One thing I am liking about this is at least the chair and the sarcophagi look as if those intended to sit in them would dwarf the person standing in the center. If this is assumed to be David, and from what I can tell Fassbender himself is a rather tall individual, we can at least have reason to believe the jockeys/gods/engineers/etc will be quite large :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed