Ben Rigby Joins Alien: Covenant

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 15, 2016, 07:11:09 AM

Author
Ben Rigby Joins Alien: Covenant (Read 19,363 times)

Corporal Hicks

Ben Rigby joins Alien: Covenant according to Variety. Variety is reporting that Ben Rigby has been cast in the Prometheus sequel, Alien: Covenant in an as-yet unknown role:

“Ben Rigby has joined the cast of Fox's "Prometheus" sequel "Alien: Covenant." Michael Fassbender is set to star as well as Katherine Waterston and Danny McBride, with Ridley Scott returning to direct.”

Like Alexander England, Ben Rigby is an Australian actor. He has largely been involved in short films, however, Rigby will be appearing opposite Rooney Mara, Nicole Kidman and Dev Patel in Lion which is due for release in November 2016. As with the rest of the cast, we don’t know anything about Rigby’s role in Alien: Covenant yet.

Rigby joins Michael Fassbender, Demián Bichir, Katherine Waterston, Carmen Ejogo, Jussie Smollett, Amy Seimetz, Callie Hernandez and Alexander England in Alien: Covenant. Other actors that have been spoken about in regards to Alien: Covenant – but not confirmed – are Danny McBride and Billy Crudup.

david8

david8

Juicy.

Stolen

Stolen

ITV : Australian actor Benjamin Rigby to star in Ridley Scott's Alien: Covenant

http://if.com.au/2016/03/16/article/Australian-actor-Benjamin-Rigby-to-star-in-Ridley-Scotts-Alien-Covenant/LGQHCFJMGU.html

Quote"It's pretty insane"
"I've known since January, and it has been exceptionally difficult to keep it quiet. My mum and my workplace had to know, but it's been hard"
"I got an audition for this, and at the time I thought I'm not going to get this, it's bloody Ridley Scott. [But] It's usually the ones that you're not as invested in that you tend to get. I did that in October and I got a phone call in January, and I'd forgotten all about it".

The actor gets on a plane for Sydney this Friday to begin rehearsals - and meet Scott for the first time.

"I've read the whole script, and it's great, I really like it. I have a great character".
"I'd say it's a sizable role. It's a good plot device. My favourite roles to play are plot devices"

Given that 'Alien' is back in the title, will the new film be a continuation of 2012's Prometheus or something different?
"Because there's an end result being the original Alien, it has to connect. People can expect similar things to happen, it is an Alien franchise [film]. It does translate. Obviously it's a completely different cast - Noomi isn't in it. I think it goes from the first to second one pretty fluidly".

The actor starts shooting on the fourth of April, and is excited about sharing the floor with Scott and the rest of the cast, including fellow Australian Alexander England (Gods of Egypt).

"I hope Ridley likes my work and that we can share a language together. I'm not entirely sure if I get to work with Fassbender.

Corporal Hicks

I just woke up and saw this on Twitter. Came on to post this and Stolen beat me!  :P I'm just getting this posted on the front page.  :)

Stolen

Stolen

I just woke up a little earlier than you  ;D  ;D

Exciting stuff!

Corporal Hicks

Haha. It literally was by about 5 minutes too.  :laugh:

I've posted this one up on the front page now. It's nice to see someone new talk about Covenant. No massive details revealed in this but still. The interview also suggests that the Bill Crudup casting is a done deal which pleases me!  :)

Enoch

Enoch

Great!
Thanks for sharing.

Noomi isnt in it. I m ok with that, but explanation is needed!

Quote I'm not entirely sure if I get to work with Fassbender. I'm really excited to work with Katherine Waterston, she's a stellar actor. She's amazing in Inherent Vice".  The actor he's most excited to work with, however, is Crudup.

He wont work with Fassbender???
Opinions? He will work with actors who play Covenant crew, but will not work with Fassbender.
Well we know that Covenant crew will find David in Paradise, so how possible is that someone whose charachter is important in terms of story is not going to meet with David? If we presume that the discovery of David is early in the film, then how is possible that Rigby's charachter is not going to interact with David at all?  Are there two separate storylines in movie? If there are multiple Davids in the movie, how is possible that Rigby will not work with Fassbender? Puzzling questions?

Quote"Because there's an end result being the original Alien, it has to connect. People can expect similar things to happen, it is an Alien franchise [film]. It does translate. Obviously it's a completely different cast - Noomi isn't in it. I think it goes from the first to second one pretty fluidly".

So it HAS to connect! It means that the movie will focus on Prometheus story about Engineers but will now explore more of Xeno origin story. I dont fully understand what he means by saying this: People can expect similar things to happen...? What similar things? When he says: "I think it goes from the first to second one pretty fluidly", well that obviously proved that the focus will be on the story Prometheus started (+emphasis on Xeno as it was originaly intended)  but what happened to Shaw then?

"It does translate" - From Prometheus storyline to Alien...?

Similar things - maybe in terms of Alien movie crucial elements... crew find something they are not familiar with in a claustrophobic closed space (facilities, temples, ships) and then the terror begins... I wrote that Ridley is done with cat and mouse story (he said that one month ago), well thats because he now wants to exploer philospohical dimension of Xeno existance and he possibly wants to connect beast's story with our story and perheaps with Engineers, David and maybe someone we are yet to see... So all this doesnt exclude action and Xeno chasing some of the crew or other creatures. It is afterall the point of the movie... horror and chaos! We ll see all the stages of the beast and there will be some serious horror, but the story will not be focused on horror but on existential questions Prometheus asked (beast itself is used up as Ridley himself said, but its purpose is not... so REASONS of creations and its CREATOR will be crucual story to explore in next three)! What Ridley all along wanted is to lift the meaning of the creature. It is a bio-weapon, but the purpose of that weapon is existential and philospohical in its nature and is ultimately connected with all he introduced in Prometheus and is about to introduce in coming movies... Religious elements are very important. So Xeno is a weapon, but its purpose is grand and is connected with Engineers, humans and its creator is someone we dont expect...

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Enoch on Mar 16, 2016, 11:32:16 AM
Noomi isnt in it. I m ok with that, but explanation is needed!

I'm still expecting this to be a mystery to solve in the film or she's just gotten rid of.

Quote I'm not entirely sure if I get to work with Fassbender. I'm really excited to work with Katherine Waterston, she's a stellar actor. She's amazing in Inherent Vice".  The actor he's most excited to work with, however, is Crudup.

Opinions? He will work with actors who play Covenant crew, but will not work with Fassbender.
Well we know that Covenant crew will find David in Paradise, so how possible is that someone whose charachter is important in terms of story is not going to meet with David? If we presume that the discovery of David is early in the film, then how is possible that Rigby's charachter is not going to interact with David at all?  Are there two separate storylines in movie? If there are multiple Davids in the movie, how is possible that Rigby will not work with Fassbender? Puzzling questions?

It maybe possible that David isn't found until later on or only by specific individuals.

Enoch

Enoch

QuoteSimilar things - maybe in terms of Alien movie crucial elements... crew find something they are not familiar with in a claustrophobic closed space (facilities, temples, ships) and then the terror begins... I wrote that Ridley is done with cat and mouse story (he said that one month ago), well thats because he now wants to exploer philospohical dimension of Xeno existance and he possibly wants to connect beast's story with our story and perheaps with Engineers, David and maybe someone we are yet to see... So all this doesnt exclude action and Xeno chasing some of the crew or other creatures. It is afterall the point of the movie... horror and chaos! We ll see all the stages of the beast and there will be some serious horror, but the story will not be focused on horror but on existential questions Prometheus asked (beast itself is used up as Ridley himself said, but its purpose is not... so REASONS of creations and its CREATOR will be crucual story to explore in next three)! What Ridley all along wanted is to lift the meaning of the creature. It is a bio-weapon, but the purpose of that weapon is existential and philospohical in its nature and is ultimately connected with all he introduced in Prometheus and is about to introduce in coming movies... Religious elements are very important. So Xeno is a weapon, but its purpose is grand and is connected with Engineers, humans and its creator is someone we dont expect...

I want to hear opinions about this? Do you think that beats itself, without deeper meaning is used up. I think that all those philosohpical questions Ridley imposed and that he wants to connect with Xeno are phenomenal way to make Xeno all the more terrifying. If Ridley succeed to connect Xenos story with ultimate story of creation of humans and with story of Gods, then Xeno will become more than just a perfect organism (bio-weapon) and beautiful beast... I think that he will give us answers in those three movies, but at the very end he will leave us with major mystery for ourselves to contemplate...

P.S.Prometheus was great at imposing question, it is beautifully filmed movie, visually stunning but it failed to deliver answers... 0% ANSWERS!
Prometheus did phenomenal job of reigniting the story, so I always watch on Prometheus like on overture to the new symphony. You heard some familiar melodies and some new intriguing sounds, but the major thing is coming in the next movement! ;)

Prometheus have issues with characters and some plot details but all its flaws doesn't make it a bad movie, on the contrary it is the greatest opener for the new set of movies with deeper story elements! Prometheus ultimately is just a transition to higher level of story... thats it.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 16, 2016, 12:23:58 PM

It maybe possible that David isn't found until later on or only by specific individuals.

I guess that rules out the possibility that the "other" David is an android serving aboard the Covenant.

Enoch

Enoch

Yes, but what the hell is that secon David???

Corporal Hicks

Perhaps it's a creation of Prometheus' David?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Maybe David reckoned that if one David was so totally awesome, two or more David's would be even better and then made copies of himself using Engineer tech?

EDIT: That blasted corporal ninja'd me!  >:(

Enoch

Enoch

What if Covenant crew just find Davids body with severed head and his part of memory is somehow integrated within Engineers technology... maybe we ll have Davids hologram and body with a head as separate entities ...

This is a sentance from an interview with Ridley (December 3 2015):
QuoteHe adds that the fate of Shaw and David 8 will be further explored in the follow-up to Covenant...

Perfect-Organism

I fully expect David to become integrated with the Engineers' tech.  For better or for worse.  Perhaps it will be David that connects with Ash eventually as part of an android vs human coup.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed