NECA Reprints of Kenner comics

Started by HuDaFuK, Apr 08, 2020, 09:43:45 AM

Author
NECA Reprints of Kenner comics (Read 694 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Here's a question: Does anyone know exactly which Kenner mini-comics have been reprinted by NECA to go with their their tribute figures? I believe I'm right in saying they haven't done all of them, but which ones have they reissued?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

They've only done the ones they've done figure remakes for that originally had comics:

Apone
Scorpion Alien
Snake Alien
Mantis Alien
Gorilla Alien
Ripley (I think?)
Comic #13 from the AvP two-pack

So out of 13 they've done about half of them. You can likely expect the Rhino Alien and Drake to come with their comics, too.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Thanks! I figured the relevant remakes would have their comics, but neither was I sure which figures NECA had redone.

Nightmare Asylum

I know they're easily accessible online, but it would be cool if they released a little book compiling all of them in one place.

Kailem

Kailem

The Queen Facehugger also had one.

Everyone always leaves out the Queen Facehugger..... :'(

426Buddy

426Buddy

I still have many of the kenner toys but not the comics anymore, I would love to get my hands on all of them. I keep an eye on ebay but they only have 1 here or there at a time.  I thought after Neca did the reprints they would be more widely available.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Were the comics exactly the same?

426Buddy

426Buddy

Not positive but I think so.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

The comic panels are identical, but some of the minor details like the text on the last page that used to say "story continues in issue X with figure Y" are gone, and the inside "cover" has cross-sells for NECA stuff instead of Kenner stuff.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed