Alien 3 original screenplay & EU

Started by EJA, Apr 05, 2020, 02:59:57 PM

Author
Alien 3 original screenplay & EU (Read 3,211 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I don't know yet, I didn't exactly get an answer. :P

Local Trouble

You should collaborate on the Grand Unification Project.

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 04, 2020, 03:49:17 PM

Did you two just become best friends?

I can't help it, 'Mrph has a singing voice like a combination of Fergie and Jesus.

But for real, I've been putting together an extensive map of the grand Aliens/Predator/Prometheus extended universe. My sole intent is in making order of the blessed chaos represented by the wealth of creative output that's been licensed by Fox over the last 30 years or so; it's a mad endeavor which encompasses the locations from all of the films, comics, games, novels, and audio dramas.Well, mostly all the games, mostly... My only small, minor goal was to put it all together, as is, and see what form of order emerges. What we do for love.

In terms of scope it's kinda like the Essential Star Wars Atlas by Fry and Wallace, but more rooted in science and real astronomy, like Geoff Mandel's Star Charts. I've come quite far, but it's a kind of fresh madness so I've always got to remind myself that it's a background project and not a foreground project; its a battle I often fail.

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 04, 2020, 05:40:10 PM
You should collaborate on the Grand Unification Project.

Do tell.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Well I didn't get an answer to my PM either, so......

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 04, 2020, 08:28:49 PM

Oh snap! Yeah man, I just checked it.I clearly do not pay enough attention. But I wholeheartedly agree. What's the inside scoop on this Grand Unification Project thing?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SpaceKase on May 04, 2020, 09:07:10 PM

Oh snap! Yeah man, I just checked it.I clearly do not pay enough attention. But I wholeheartedly agree.
Re: your project, the bulk of the heavy lifting has been done for the Alien/Prometheus franchise and is present in the Alien RPG's star map, it's Predator and AvP stuff that's not included.

Shoot me a PM if you want to collaborate on the Grand Unification Project or anything like that, or want any help on your map project.

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 04, 2020, 09:10:28 PM
Quote from: SpaceKase on May 04, 2020, 09:07:10 PM

Oh snap! Yeah man, I just checked it.I clearly do not pay enough attention. But I wholeheartedly agree.
Re: your project, the bulk of the heavy lifting has been done for the Alien/Prometheus franchise and is present in the Alien RPG's star map, it's Predator and AvP stuff that's not included.

Shoot me a PM if you want to collaborate on the Grand Unification Project or anything like that, or want any help on your map project.

Yeah, the RPG map is beautiful and certainly an inspirational resource, but my project (like my mind) is a bit divergent and doesn't include the old 80's 90's RPG stuff because I find it a bit too in-congruent with the rest of the lore. My general rule of thumb is to do the same with any RPG material, but that's a holdover from my similar Star Trek project and my impression is that the Free League is a much tighter ship, I haven't had the chance to check any of it out yet, So I'm leaving my options open in that regard, because it sure is perty. But yeah, the dataset so far is about 212 stories across the combined media no including different iterations of the same stories. ( Star Trek is something insane like 700+ stories, so this is much more manageable. I am but mad north-north-west.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 04, 2020, 09:10:28 PMShoot me a PM if you want to collaborate on the Grand Unification Project or anything like that, or want any help on your map project.

I expect something so logically and internally consistent that even SM himself will be unable to dismiss it.

SM

SM

You'll expect nothing and like it.

Local Trouble

You could always join in and work on the DotS portion.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 05, 2020, 06:24:58 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on May 04, 2020, 09:10:28 PMShoot me a PM if you want to collaborate on the Grand Unification Project or anything like that, or want any help on your map project.

I expect something so logically and internally consistent that even SM himself will be unable to dismiss it.
Already happened, but SM would never admit it. ;D

Local Trouble

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 05, 2020, 09:04:42 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on May 05, 2020, 06:24:58 AM

Already happened, but SM would never admit it. ;D

:o

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed