A/P/AVP Comic Database

Started by Rambo, May 02, 2016, 03:19:17 PM

Author
A/P/AVP Comic Database (Read 7,106 times)

Nostromo

Nostromo

I emailed you :) Hey, that's not your website right? That's a generic download site, right?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

A couple I've noticed missing from the Aliens list:

Operation: Aliens - not sure if you wanna count this because it was part of a trading card set, but it was an original story by Jerry Prosser with excellent art by Den Beauvais.
Alien 3: Alone - likewise, a trading card-only comic included with the Alien 3 Collectible CardArt set.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: In Space No One Can Hear You Slay! - a Free Comic Book Day short featuring the Alien.

Also, Tribes seems to be missing.

EDIT: Scratch that, I've just seen the Alien 3 and Buffy ones were on another tab :) Couldn't see Operation: Aliens or Tribes anywhere though.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 04, 2016, 07:23:58 AMDoes anyone have a copy of [Do Aliens Dream]?

I've got a copy too.

Quote from: SSj_Rambo on May 03, 2016, 11:11:51 PMAnd the Aliens UK Vol I covers can be hard to find but they're out there. Along with a third, three-issue series. All of the UK Vol II covers are on mycomicshop.com which is what I used for the issues containing Sacrifice and Crusade in my Excel.

I have some decent scans of all the Aliens magazine covers, if anyone wanted them.

Rambo

Rambo

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 21, 2016, 12:51:23 PM
A couple I've noticed missing from the Aliens list:

Operation: Aliens - not sure if you wanna count this because it was part of a trading card set, but it was an original story by Jerry Prosser with excellent art by Den Beauvais.
Alien 3: Alone - likewise, a trading card-only comic included with the Alien 3 Collectible CardArt set.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: In Space No One Can Hear You Slay! - a Free Comic Book Day short featuring the Alien.

Also, Tribes seems to be missing.

EDIT: Scratch that, I've just seen the Alien 3 and Buffy ones were on another tab :) Couldn't see Operation: Aliens or Tribes anywhere though.

Yeah, those fell into a different category than the rest, so they are in their respective tab.

Regarding Operation: Aliens, I'm aware of this one but debated whether it really counts as a comic...?  I guess so. It kind of falls between Alien3: Alone and Tribes in terms of comic characteristics. I leaned toward the illustrated story classification when I first considered this, and didn't document it as a comic.

And yeah, the reason I left out Tribes is because it really isn't a comic; it is a novel with a series of beautiful illustrations which is why I agree it is an essential item to own. I just didn't want to document every book/novel that also included illustrations. It becomes a slippery slope when you want to make a complete database, you really have to set a definition of what you're going to document otherwise you will eventually need to include every item created because it contains just one or two characteristics of your criteria.

Side note, is the title Alien3: Alone an official title? "Alone" is just the lone bit of text on the last panel. I agree it is a fitting fan-given name.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 21, 2016, 12:51:23 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 04, 2016, 07:23:58 AMDoes anyone have a copy of [Do Aliens Dream]?

I've got a copy too.

I also picked it up recently and made a thread on this board with the two-page comic and some of the articles/features from the magazine.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SSj_Rambo on Sep 21, 2016, 07:33:56 PMRegarding Operation: Aliens, I'm aware of this one but debated whether it really counts as a comic...?  I guess so. It kind of falls between Alien3: Alone and Tribes in terms of comic characteristics. I leaned toward the illustrated story classification when I first considered this, and didn't document it as a comic.

And yeah, the reason I left out Tribes is because it really isn't a comic; it is a novel with a series of beautiful illustrations which is why I agree it is an essential item to own. I just didn't want to document every book/novel that also included illustrations. It becomes a slippery slope when you want to make a complete database, you really have to set a definition of what you're going to document otherwise you will eventually need to include every item created because it contains just one or two characteristics of your criteria.

Fair reasons. I could probably put forward arguments why both could be included, but at the end of the day it's your list so I defer to you :)

Quote from: SSj_Rambo on Sep 21, 2016, 07:33:56 PMSide note, is the title Alien3: Alone an official title? "Alone" is just the lone bit of text on the last panel. I agree it is a fitting fan-given name.

I can't remember where I first heard it... Maybe it comes from the fact that last word is underlined? Either way, like you say, it's a neat title that fits the "story", such as it is.

Rambo

Rambo

Looks like there is also a 15 card/panel Machiko side story in cards #56-70. I'll have to add that one as well. It seems untitled and uncredited from the pictures I've seen.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

That's just an adaptation of the Aliens vs. Predator II comic, first printed in serial form in Dark Horse Insider and later collected as issue 0 of AVP: War.

The Comic Collector J

The Comic Collector J

I was going through some of my newly added pickups and I found a comic titled Illegal Aliens. It has both the Predator and Alien on the cover but from what many people have said about it they don't consider it a legit "alien" or "predator" comic. I'm unsure if this would qualify for the collection list, but I thought I would bring it up anyway.

Edit: Also the 2016 Free Comic Book Day issue of Serenity has Aliens: Defiance - Extravehicular inside of it as well.

Rambo

Rambo

Yeah, Illegal Aliens is pretty unique. I actually decided I might as well throw it in recently. Alien The Illustrated Story isn't a Dark Horse product either, and as unofficial as this farce is, might as well add it and let each person decide for themselves.

The 2016 FCBD issue came out after I had first posted this. I keep wanting to update the files with the latest version, but with the L&D series, PvDvA and Defiance issues coming out each month its hard to feel caught up for more than a week. I was thinking after Defiance wraps up I'll upload the latest, but maybe that's a while to wait..

The Comic Collector J

Quote from: SSj_Rambo on Oct 24, 2016, 04:54:22 PM
Yeah, Illegal Aliens is pretty unique. I actually decided I might as well throw it in recently. Alien The Illustrated Story isn't a Dark Horse product either, and as unofficial as this farce is, might as well add it and let each person decide for themselves.

The 2016 FCBD issue came out after I had first posted this. I keep wanting to update the files with the latest version, but with the L&D series, PvDvA and Defiance issues coming out each month its hard to feel caught up for more than a week. I was thinking after Defiance wraps up I'll upload the latest, but maybe that's a while to wait..

That is a great idea. I am the same way with reading comics, I like it to be completed first before I start.

Rambo

Rambo

Since a number of people found this useful, I uploaded the latest version and updated the original post. There have been almost a hundred comics released since the last version and I added some helpful features to the document. I also consolidated everything into a single file.

Hosted through a 3rd party site, but that's just the easiest way right now - sorry for any inconvenience.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Any chance you could re-upload this? The file link is dead.

Rambo

Rambo

No problem, here is the latest version. I'm not sure of a better option for hosting it for download, even though this site removes it after a period of inactivity - open to suggestions.

https://www.4shared.com/s/fAx71CQ4mgm

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Thanks a bunch!

Afraid I can't really help re:where to host it.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 31, 2018, 09:21:56 AM
Thanks a bunch!

Afraid I can't really help re:where to host it.
Maybe Corporal Hicks would be interested in hosting it here on AvPGalaxy?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed