A/P/AVP Comic Database

Started by Rambo, May 02, 2016, 03:19:17 PM

Author
A/P/AVP Comic Database (Read 7,120 times)

Rambo

Rambo

For several years I have maintained an Excel database for the complete releases of all of the Aliens, Predator and AvP comics (I chose to include Prometheus in the Aliens collection for simplicity's sake). It's a great tool for tracking and I hope one or two other collectors out there find it useful.

*Need to save to your computer and Enable Editing for images to load

Some of the parameters for how this list was compiled:
  • First release of each comic, and subsequent variants/editions (but not subsequent printings)
So AVP #0-4 and the 1997 Dark Horse Classics 6 issue re-release are both included in AVP, but the 5 additional printing editions of Aliens #1 are not each listed
  • US releases only
Except in the case where a comic was first released outside of the US (Sacrifice in the Aliens UK Magazine), or was only released/compiled outside of the US (Crusade and Countdown in Aliens UK)
  • No collections or  TPBs
Except when that is the only stand alone release (Aliens Inhuman Condition)

This includes all preview editions of a comic (ashcans, sneak peaks in other anthologies, etc.). To the best of my knowledge there is no A/P/AVP story or comic not represented here, but that is something I always appreciate feedback on.

How it works: Each series is listed in chronological order, with a cell for each issue. There is a cover image if you hover over the cell, and in some cases additional details if you select the cell. Almost all of the covers were available on www.mycomicshop.com and came in the perfect scale.

The cells can be color coded in order to keep track of what you own or do not own, and the macro in the document will tally the totals for you. Feel free to tweak that as you wish and elect to not utilize the color-coded counting. When changing cell colors, the macro may not automatically refresh, so press F9 and it will recalculate.

The Price listed does not represent every single variant/promo of a given series, just the standard price of the standard release format. The Year simply tracks what year the series premiered; in some cases the release carried over into subsequent years. The image size is generally 120x186 pixels (2.3" x 1.46" for the Excel comment size).

At the bottom, there are tabs for each series and there is a column titled Overlap with a code and a cell comment for comics that (for example) have an independent Aliens portion and an independent Predator portion. So the same comic shows up in both Excel documents, but that is factored into the total count.

Interested in hearing anyone's feedback or thoughts. Happy hunting!

happypred

happypred

You deserve a trophy for this

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Nice work. Thanks for sharing.

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Nice to see! Been trying to do something similar for a while but my problem has been finding complete lists. Everytime I find a different site they'll have some titles not listed elsewhere. Been frustrating to do as I'm trying to collect it all, UK stuff included.

Rambo

Rambo

Quote from: XenoZipper on May 03, 2016, 02:35:45 PM
Nice to see! Been trying to do something similar for a while but my problem has been finding complete lists. Everytime I find a different site they'll have some titles not listed elsewhere. Been frustrating to do as I'm trying to collect it all, UK stuff included.
Yeah, the list can be longer or shorter considering what you're willing to list. But every bit of each story is listed here, at least once.

And the Aliens UK Vol I covers can be hard to find but they're out there. Along with a third, three-issue series. All of the UK Vol II covers are on mycomicshop.com which is what I used for the issues containing Sacrifice and Crusade in my Excel.

Thanks for checking this out, guys.

shazam

shazam

Aliens Colonial Marines   2012 - Full title is: Aliens: Colonial Marines - No man left behind

Skeleton Crew Magazine (august 1990) - Do Aliens Dream
2pages, BW, written by Adrien Rigelsford, illustrated and inked by Lee Brimmicombe-Wood
http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Do_Aliens_Dream%3F

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: shazam on May 04, 2016, 05:36:39 AM
Skeleton Crew Magazine (august 1990) - Do Aliens Dream
2pages, BW, written by Adrien Rigelsford, illustrated and inked by Lee Brimmicombe-Wood
http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Do_Aliens_Dream%3F

Does anyone have a copy of this?

shazam

shazam

Yep, I have! ;)

Rambo

Rambo

Thanks for pointing out the full title of Aliens CM, definitely helps distinguish it from the miniseries and I probably should have known that since I own the issue. Also, I would love to see a snippet of Do Aliens Dream. Looks like there was also a recalled version of that issue, featuring a one-page editorial on censorship (ironic) - http://vaultofevil.suddenlaunch3.com/index.cgi?board=horrormag&action=print&num=1189063594

I'll be sure to make those updates to the file, thanks for pointing them out. Will probably wait until this thread dies down in case other missing items are pointed out.

The Comic Collector J

Amazing work, I have tried to find a checklist with this much detail for a long time. Thanks.

The Comic Collector J

I was going through my collection and marking the ones I have down on these spread sheets and I noticed the only comics that aren't listed are Aliens Vs. Predator: Duel #1 and 2. I am using the original version you uploaded. Once again this is a very useful collectors tool.

Nostromo

Nostromo

How do you download it? It's brought me to like 5 different pages so far telling me to download all kinds of crap.

Rambo

Rambo

Quote from: Nostromo on Jun 13, 2016, 01:55:08 PM
How do you download it? It's brought me to like 5 different pages so far telling me to download all kinds of crap.
Click the images at the top. The Aliens files is larger than the forum's file hosting limit, so the link to 4shared has a nice one-click download option (there's just a timer on it). The other two should open a save-as box from this page. I just checked all three and they are working fine. If you're being linked to multiple pages, something is off.

However, later today I'm going to upload updated versions (was missing a comic or two, and decided to add additional information for the anthology issues detailing what stories are where, and which ones are exclusive to their anthology release).

Quote from: The Comic Collector J on Jun 13, 2016, 02:16:15 AM
I was going through my collection and marking the ones I have down on these spread sheets and I noticed the only comics that aren't listed are Aliens Vs. Predator: Duel #1 and 2. I am using the original version you uploaded. Once again this is a very useful collectors tool.
Thanks for pointing that out! I definitely missed that one and somehow never noticed. Glad you are finding these useful.

Nostromo

Nostromo

nice

Also, there are a total of 6 download buttons on that shithole website. I click on download all as zip and it tells me to create an account, another tells me something else, it's really confusing there.

Rambo

Rambo

Well I am sorry it is so frustrating for you. It has been downloaded dozens of times so people are figuring it out. I would be happy to email a copy to you directly if you'd like to message me your email.

Alternatively, you could propose an another option than the 'shithole website' (as you describe it).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed