Why do some people prefer Alien over Aliens?

Started by Aliens1986fanboy, May 03, 2020, 02:03:59 AM

Author
Why do some people prefer Alien over Aliens? (Read 35,920 times)

[cancerblack]

A majority of people I come across, subscribe to some kind of moulting process. Purely anecdotally, it seems to be the more popular of the two these days.

SM

Quote from: JAY AY EE on Dec 28, 2020, 07:13:40 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 27, 2020, 05:06:08 AM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 27, 2020, 03:36:28 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 27, 2020, 01:01:24 AM
Was it used by Xenomrph or Daemos?

Both I think.  Often times sarcastically.

Is that how cowl won?

Cowl did NOT win. Because it was made up by fanboys to explain something that didn't need explaining. Kind of like Rogue One. Just not as good.

Quote from: SM on Dec 26, 2020, 11:18:56 AM
Quote from: JAY AY EE on Dec 25, 2020, 08:32:03 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Dec 20, 2020, 05:16:17 AM
I remember fighting in Xemomrphs army during the caste/cowl battles. Now I  don't even have an opinion on the matter :laugh:

I can't even remember which was which. Which was the theory that the aliens in Aliens had shiny domes and just shed them as they got older?

Yeah, POST PROOF OR RETRACT...

It always made more sense to me that there were different types of alien, solo beastie and hive drone, and James Cameron said as much when asked why his looked different. I remember getting more ire for closing the thread after he waded in than any other. Apparently people still wanted to have something to argue about even after the guy who gave them something to argue about settled it.

Hello all, by the way. I hope you're all well. I'm in central London, which is being particularly badly hit by Covid. I was sent a link to this thread by one of our former AvPNews compatriots and I could hardly resist, could I?

To follow up on SM's post, once you get your name on the front cover of a real children's novel, you start to worry about the fact that you also used your real name for that story about Hudson discovering his sexuality in rather graphic terms 20 years ago...

Hallo mate. :)

Hello! Make me feel really old and tell me how old your baby is now...

Which one?  The First Born is 19.  :D

Local Trouble

Perhaps he was expecting Fourthborn by now.

Kimarhi

Do any of the chilluns have your love in the franchise?

SM

Nup.

Kimarhi

disown them

SM

I'm a failure as a parent.

Local Trouble

As your offspring they should have at least some acid in their blood.  :-\

viendammage

I feel some people are Ridley Scott or horror fans and others are James Cameron and action fans. I've only seen Alien a few times and appreciate the "truckers in space" slasher vibe but absolutely love the action and team on a mission dynamic of Aliens.

Shugsi

I can't remember which thread or what posters I was chatting to this about. So sorry for posting here. Although it was in one of these type threads.

Anyway I said if I came across the vid info about the idea of not having Ripley back in the films after Alien and also the movies not being popular with women too. I would post it up. Most of you will have seen this anyway I know.

Nightmare Asylum

QuoteWhich Alien movie would you say was your favorite to do?

WEAVER: Oh, goodness, that's difficult. The best-constructed story for the character to tell was in Aliens, just because Jim [Cameron] has such an amazing sense of structure of story. To take this character out of hyper-sleep, have no one believe her, have her be exiled into this limbo land where no one believes her and her family's dead. The whole set-up for Ripley in Aliens and then what she ends up doing and what it, finding this new family by the end. The whole structure of that story, to me, was gold. I always felt that I could jump up and down on it. It was such a great, supportive, arc for the character. In that sense, the second one for Ripley is probably the most satisfying.

https://collider.com/sigourney-weaver-interview-my-salinger-year-alien-movies-franchise/

Darwinsgirl

Thank you for posting this. I enjoyed the article and several others because of it.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 08, 2021, 04:24:28 PM
QuoteWhich Alien movie would you say was your favorite to do?

WEAVER: Oh, goodness, that's difficult. The best-constructed story for the character to tell was in Aliens, just because Jim [Cameron] has such an amazing sense of structure of story. To take this character out of hyper-sleep, have no one believe her, have her be exiled into this limbo land where no one believes her and her family's dead. The whole set-up for Ripley in Aliens and then what she ends up doing and what it, finding this new family by the end. The whole structure of that story, to me, was gold. I always felt that I could jump up and down on it. It was such a great, supportive, arc for the character. In that sense, the second one for Ripley is probably the most satisfying.

https://collider.com/sigourney-weaver-interview-my-salinger-year-alien-movies-franchise/

Hey Sigourney!

Thanks for sharing NA.

Immortan Jonesy

I'm curious to learn why someone prefers Alien Resurrection or Prometheus over Alien / Aliens.

BigDaddyJohn

Such people exist ?  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed