Any news on Noomi Rapace?

Started by x-M-x, Dec 18, 2015, 06:56:41 PM

Author
Any news on Noomi Rapace? (Read 48,540 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: CainsSon on Jan 05, 2016, 06:02:07 PM
I think I agree, as a writer, that the ending of Prometheus was quite 'shackling.' Although, I think we should try and recall that Lindelof, Spaihts and Scott all mentioned having had detailed discussions regarding where P2 would be going, while they were writing and shaping PROMETHEUS.

I remember them saying this too. By all accounts though, they didn't have a clue what to do after the film came out. I wonder if they actually took note of the response. I wonder if that's why they seemed lost - not wanting to continue on with Prometheus as envisioned by Lindelof & Scott.

CainsSon

CainsSon

If I were writing this, my take would be to start the film with a distress signal from Shaw asking some new crew for help, or to have a new ship find Shaw somewhere, for her to maybe crash land on some mining colony, nearly dead and a nervous wreck, having escaped some tragedy and then telling people where David is. Even if she ends up docking on this new ship... Maybe she is warning them to stay away and the Company disregards and sends a new crew to investigate, or maybe she is even in cahoots with David and luring the new crew there and the whole thing is a scam.

I think, the best idea is to have the audience start out thinking they are missing a piece of the puzzle, and wondering how Shaw ended up wherever we find her, based on where we last saw her. However, fans have reacted badly to this missing piece of the puzzle plot device, within this franchise, in the past.  :P

sugarhigh

sugarhigh

I really think Shaw is going to end up as the dead Engineer in the derelict. David will have overpowered her, infected her with goo and an embryo, or something like that and she ends up crashing the ship to save Earth and then the rest is history.

Primordial

Primordial

I think I agree, as a writer, that the ending of Prometheus was quite 'shackling.' Although, I think we should try and recall that Lindelof, Spaihts and Scott all mentioned having had detailed discussions regarding where P2 would be going, while they were writing and shaping PROMETHEUS.

On the DVD Commentary, Lindelof stated "...I think we have some cool ideas as to exactly what the Engineers were up to but having the characters advancing the most popular theories, that was our way of dealing with it there."
I'd like to have an answer to the 'planned Earth destruction', but not necessarily in Alien:Covenant.

Anyway, nothing is set in stone yet concerning David and Shaw's relationship; while Lindelof's take on David back in June 2012 was that his intentions are not that bad : "He's a strange robot that has a curious crush on a human being, and when Weyland is eliminated, I think he is genuinely interested in what she's (Shaw) interested in. He reaches out partly for survival, but partly out of curiosity, and I think he's sincere that he'll take her wherever she wants to go", from memory, Scott hinted that she'd better be careful before reuniting the robot's head and body.
Though one could argue that Lindelof is not on board anymore...

My wish : strange David : yes ... malevolent David : no.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: CainsSon on Jan 05, 2016, 10:22:38 PM
I think, the best idea is to have the audience start out thinking they are missing a piece of the puzzle, and wondering how Shaw ended up wherever we find her, based on where we last saw her. However, fans have reacted badly to this missing piece of the puzzle plot device, within this franchise, in the past.  :P

I think that it's possible Shaw's absence maybe an important plot point for Alien: Covenant.

Quote from: sugarhigh on Jan 05, 2016, 10:34:46 PM
I really think Shaw is going to end up as the dead Engineer in the derelict. David will have overpowered her, infected her with goo and an embryo, or something like that and she ends up crashing the ship to save Earth and then the rest is history.

This will irritate as much as if David ends up creating the Aliens.

Quote from: PrimitifAlien on Jan 05, 2016, 11:06:13 PM
My wish : strange David : yes ... malevolent David : no.

I don't think I would ever say he ever came across as being malevolent. He definitely seemed curious and just straight up weird to me. Fassbender really helped bring David to the front and his performance of the character was significantly better than as written in Alien: Engineers.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 06, 2016, 08:21:24 AM
Quote from: sugarhigh on Jan 05, 2016, 10:34:46 PM

This will irritate as much as if David ends up creating the Aliens.
Oh crap that still could happen... haha I totally forgot about it but it is still far better than David or man made aliens. Well I suppose if David makes them, being that he is man made himself; it would be sort of the same thing.

Primordial

Primordial

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 06, 2016, 08:21:24 AM
I don't think I would ever say he ever came across as being malevolent. He definitely seemed curious and just straight up weird to me. Fassbender really helped bring David to the front and his performance of the character was significantly better than as written in Alien: Engineers.

I agree. He never crossed that crucial line of infecting Holloway without his consent, though a quite indirect one, for sure :D
Some posters where proposing that David would infect Shaw or kill her, I just wanted to 'cry foul'.

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jan 06, 2016, 09:38:27 AM
Well I suppose if David makes them, being that he is man made himself; it would be sort of the same thing.

Yes... and if I had the doomed choice to make between man or robot, I still would choose robot.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Nah, Prometheus showed the alien in the mural so they couldn't have been made by man or David. Though I can see David sexing them up with a perfect golden blond hair. :P

You know what would be awesome, if David takes one of those AR aliens are reverse engineers them to Kane son standards and proclaims, now the beast is perfect. That would be so poetic.

Primordial

Primordial

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jan 06, 2016, 08:53:17 PM
Nah, Prometheus showed the alien in the mural so they couldn't have been made by man or David. Though I can see David sexing them up with a perfect golden blond hair. :P

I'm well aware of that (I said IF), I always say that it is not the usual xenomorph nor the Deacon in the mural. 

You know what would be awesome, if David takes one of those AR aliens are reverse engineers them to Kane son standards and proclaims, now the beast is perfect. That would be so poetic.

I often wonder where does you endless imagination come from ? ;)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Dude I'll admit it, when it gets late at night I'm bored as f**k and my mind wanders into the strangest places. Which is probably why I'm an alien fan.  ;)

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jan 07, 2016, 01:57:39 AM
Dude I'll admit it, when it gets late at night I'm bored as f**k and my mind wanders into the strangest places. Which is probably why I'm an alien fan.  ;)

Speaking for pretty much everyone on this forum there, I should imagine.  Well, certainly myself, at any rate.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: St_Eddie on Jan 07, 2016, 02:21:38 AM

Speaking for pretty much everyone on this forum there, I should imagine.  Well, certainly myself, at any rate.

Actually, I was also thinking something strange like this. The difference bw the Big Chap and the Deacon is the biomechanical aspect, right? So I was thinking, what f David finds a way to use the Black Goo to infect himself? And then the resulting xeno, takes on the biomechanical aspects of the androids.
Its a somewhat logical way to work that in.
Or in my excitably f**ked up mind, a better way to handle this is for David to infect himself and then rape Shaw, and then, pregnant with their baby, she steals the derlict to escape and she crash lands on LV426, trying to get his baby away from him and save us from the doom their baby - the first queen - would inflict upon the earth. That is, until the NOSTROMO finds it!
FIN

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: CainsSon on Jan 07, 2016, 04:25:58 AM

Actually, I was also thinking something strange like this. The difference bw the Big Chap and the Deacon is the biomechanical aspect, right? So I was thinking, what f David finds a way to use the Black Goo to infect himself? And then the resulting xeno, takes on the biomechanical aspects of the androids.
Or in my excitably f**ked up mind, a better way to handle this is for David to infect himself and then rape Shaw, and then, pregnant with their baby, she steals the derlict to escape and she crash lands on LV426, trying to get his baby away from him and save us from the doom their baby - the first queen - would inflict upon the earth. That is, until the NOSTROMO finds it!
FIN

I think you had something there until you got all rapy.  The idea that David added the biomechanical aspect to the xenomorphs is quite clever actually.  I mean when androids get cut in half, did you see all the tubing?  The stuff Bishop had inside looks similar to the tubes of the side of the Alien head.  Wrong color, but you get what I mean.  The acid for blood could be like a battery acid mechanism.  The idea of fusing biology with the mechanical only makes perfect sense with Giger's biomechanics.  It also merges Giger's thought's with Ridley's musings on the relationship between man and his androids.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jan 07, 2016, 05:48:17 AM
Quote from: CainsSon on Jan 07, 2016, 04:25:58 AM

FIN

I think you had something there until you got all rapy.  The idea that David added the biomechanical aspect to the xenomorphs is quite clever actually.  I mean when androids get cut in half, did you see all the tubing?  The stuff Bishop had inside looks similar to the tubes of the side of the Alien head.  Wrong color, but you get what I mean.  The acid for blood could be like a battery acid mechanism.  The idea of fusing biology with the mechanical only makes perfect sense with Giger's biomechanics.  It also merges Giger's thought's with Ridley's musings on the relationship between man and his androids.
Yea the rapey part is way to Prometheus™ themed. Still a robot-alien hybrid isn't exactly all inspiring either.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I still don't think that's an Alien. It looks more like the Deacon to me.

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jan 07, 2016, 05:48:17 AM

No offence but it's all quite contrived to me. And whilst I like the Engineers, we've lost the otherworldly and Elder Gold style thing that made the Jockey so enigmatic in the first place (something a lot of people hate in the film) and I wouldn't want to see us lose that in the Aliens as well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed