Aliens: Colonial Marines

Started by War Wager, Mar 19, 2007, 08:46:28 PM

Author
Aliens: Colonial Marines (Read 16,226 times)

War Wager

War Wager

Back in 2002, EA started on a FPS based on the Alien series called Aliens: Colonial Marines but a few months before release they cancelled it. Does anyone know why, I was really looking forward to it  >:(

Darkness

Darkness

"The developers couldn't meet their milestones" according to our interview with Rich Ragsdale. IGN mentioned it had a lot of frame rate issues too. They probably couldn't get the game to run too well on the PS2.

War Wager

War Wager

Quote from: Darkness on Mar 19, 2007, 08:57:07 PM
"The developers couldn't meet their milestones" according to our interview with Rich Ragsdale. IGN mentioned it had a lot of frame rate issues too. They probably couldn't get the game to run too well on the PS2.

Cheers Darkness

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Wadya expect. Ps2 is rubbish.  :P

War Wager

War Wager

They could have brought it out on Xbox but no...  >:(

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 20, 2007, 08:38:22 AM
Wadya expect. Ps2 is rubbish.  :P

Harsh. Don't think X-Box would have fared any better. Maybe they should have kept it to the PC.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That's bull if I've ever heard it.  :P Doom3, for example, is a beautiful port that lost nothing from it's conversion. That is how CM should have looked like. Been on the XB, not some inferior PoS.

Darkness

Darkness

Then why did they keep it for PS2 if the X-Box was capable?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

You'd have to ask them. Technically wise, there's no denying Xbox was far more capable of such a game than the PS2. I think their choice contributed to the ultimate death of it. Those screenshots look aweful.

Darkness

Darkness

There must have been a good reason for making it PS2 exclusive. Maybe it was cheaper.

I didn't think the screens were too bad. I still prefer AvP2 though.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

They were terrible IMHO. Maybe you're just used to PS2 and thought they looked good.

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 21, 2007, 11:27:14 PM
Maybe you're just used to PS2 and thought they looked good.

Hmmm, well I don't play on my PS2 much except for the odd game here and there. Mainly the SSX series. SSX 3/4 looks simply amazing on the PS2.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

I know why it was cancelled, because at the same time EA was making AVP Extinction, in a Playstation 2 magazine I read there was a voting section, readers had to choose if EA would Finnish ALIENS Colonial Marines or AVP Extinction, this was a proper vote and in the end AVP won so they cancelled Colonial Marines, I remember talking to my friend saying the AVP game wouldn't win, I guess I should have voted.   :(  

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Screw that, I'm tired of AVP games & stuff.  I'm much more of an alien fan.  I prefered Alien Trilogy over a lot of the AVP related games.  I was so pumped for Colonial Marines...  Needless to say, I'm really looking forward to this Aliens RPG.  I'm happy as hell that they're putting something strictly aliens out again.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 20, 2007, 11:50:42 PM
That's bull if I've ever heard it.  :P Doom3, for example, is a beautiful port that lost nothing from it's converstion. That is how CM should have looked like. Been on the XB, not some inferior PoS.

Actually no.  The PC port of Doom III had little odds and ends cut off of it throughout the game.  If you ever play the PC version you'll find its several hours longer than the xbox version was.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed