The Predator Begins Shooting Today!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2017, 11:07:06 AM

Author
The Predator Begins Shooting Today! (Read 10,706 times)

The Joker

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 20, 2017, 07:13:35 PM
Quote from: Feeds On Minds on Feb 20, 2017, 04:09:31 PM
Hope this means we get a teaser with Alien: Covenant.

It's unlikely. I wouldn't expect the Trailer won't be until much later this year.

I don't think a quick teaser is out of the question. Something subtle, but gets the point across that a new Predator movie is coming.

echobbase79

I think there's a strong possibility of a small teaser trailer attached to Covenant. They'll be done shooting by the time that film is released, right?

As for the picture I don't have a problem with it, but they've should've taken it on set with some much better background scenery.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: overthere on Feb 20, 2017, 10:44:51 PM
The movie is already getting a "wtf is this" response on reddit just from the cast picture. I say you're all oblivious to the fact this is just what the Predator franchise needs. Every comment there is "wtf is this, their body mass is shit, all weak guys" stuff like that. People who think like that think what Predator franchise needs is another exact same installment, a bunch of buffed up guys who die one by one.

I think this movie is going to be a lot of fun.

Yep! This.

Samhain13

a bunch of buffed up guys who die one by one.

There are probally going to be a lot of guys being killed one by one. You cant run from that on a predator movie.

Xan21

Xan21

Couple of muscle fetishists here... Mac had a big belly yet was one of the most intense fantastic actors in the original.

Samhain13

Quote from: Xan21 on Feb 20, 2017, 11:24:19 PM
Couple of muscle fetishists here...

Nohomo brah.

overthere

Quote from: Samhain13 on Feb 20, 2017, 11:17:32 PM

There are probally going to be a lot of guys being killed one by one. You cant run from that on a predator movie.

For sure, but it doesn't look like it's going to be the focus.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: overthere on Feb 20, 2017, 11:36:28 PM

Shane and Fred have talked about wonder a lot. Wonder, wonder, wonder.

So while the other Predator films are "Let's get the f**k outta here" movies, this one will be "Let's investigate and stay a while."

Much like the first six Alien films were "Let's get the f**k outta here" to Prometheus's "Let's investigate and stay a while."

Good shit. Good shit. Anybody who's anticipating this ensemble to lose a member every 8 minutes until Guy and Girl are the last ones standing is going to be acutely disappointed.

RidgeTop

Vancouver huh? Same city they shot AVPR in.

Kerrod33

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Feb 21, 2017, 12:30:50 AM
Quote from: overthere on Feb 20, 2017, 11:36:28 PM

Shane and Fred have talked about wonder a lot. Wonder, wonder, wonder.

So while the other Predator films are "Let's get the f**k outta here" movies, this one will be "Let's investigate and stay a while."

Much like the first six Alien films were "Let's get the f**k outta here" to Prometheus's "Let's investigate and stay a while."

Good shit. Good shit. Anybody who's anticipating this ensemble to lose a member every 8 minutes until Guy and Girl are the last ones standing is going to be acutely disappointed.

This could be a very good thing if this movie ends up being decent. It opens up the potential for direct sequels if done properly with a continuing story- something a predator film hasn't done before.

For all we know, the entire main cast may survive and carry onto another film in the franchise. I'm all for story and developing plot and characters instead of main characters getting bodied by the pred until one or two people remain to kill it off.

There still has to be people being hunted though, that's a given :)

Corporal Hicks

The movie is already getting a "wtf is this" response on reddit just from the cast picture. I say you're all oblivious to the fact this is just what the Predator franchise needs. Every comment there is "wtf is this, their body mass is shit, all weak guys" stuff like that. People who think like that think what Predator franchise needs is another exact same installment, a bunch of buffed up guys who die one by one.

I think this movie is going to be a lot of fun.

Hear, hear! It's nice to see some open minds in that regard.

Quote from: RidgeTop on Feb 21, 2017, 03:27:59 AM
Vancouver huh? Same city they shot AVPR in.

Lots of films are shot in Vancouver. It's no indication of quality.

Whiskeybrewer

Third time was the charm i guess lol.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed