Predalien: Dreads or No Dreads

Started by Kradan, May 13, 2019, 05:37:20 PM

Do you like dreads as part of Predalien design?

Yay
37 (50%)
Nay
33 (44.6%)
No Predalien
4 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Author
Predalien: Dreads or No Dreads (Read 15,233 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

No dreads, as my miniature work and sketch illustrate.

Corporal Hicks

Perfect! That's all it needs to be IMHO.

[cancerblack]

I think giving it a bit more height and making it a bit thicker in the limbs and torso is a fair call in addition to the mandibles. A Pred is a fair bit bigger than a human, so the resulting Alien being bigger too conveys how dangerous it is without using an entirely separate design.

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I can get behind that too.

BigDaddyJohn

Yay for dreads, just maybe not the ones in AVPR.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

No Predalien - fullstop.  >:(

Horrible idea and design.

Master

Master

Quote from: Elmazalman on Jun 06, 2022, 12:13:56 PMNo Predalien - fullstop.  >:(

Horrible idea and design.

What's horrible idea? That Predator mighthave been infected with Alien?

You want horrible ideas? Watch Prometheus and Alien Covenant!

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: Master on Jun 07, 2022, 10:52:18 AMWhat's horrible idea? That Predator mighthave been infected with Alien?

Alien vs Predator is a horrible idea, and the design for the Predalien is rubbish.

BlueMarsalis79

The design we got for sure.

Master

Master

Oh, so you don't like the concept of crossover. And what about the creature itself? I agree AvP-R Predalien is shit and one of the worst designs there is, but Dorman's Predalien is all kinds of awsome.

BlueMarsalis79

He kinda hates everything though.

jammiklark

jammiklark

I think the dreads can be incorporated on a biomechanical design in some way, I can imagine them being more tube like that goes back into the body similar to the ones at the end of Big Chap/Warrior's jawlines. Then again we don't see regular xenos with human hair, so them having dreads should be more unlikely

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I don't even think it should have the mandibles.  It's not as if the runner had a dog snout.

I'm of the opinion that the head is the only really unchanging part of the alien, but everything below the neck is subject to change depending on the host.

BlueMarsalis79

I think mandibles potentially make the cut but I wholeheartedly agree less is more when it concerns the DNA Reflex.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jun 07, 2022, 04:30:28 PMHe kinda hates everything though.
Almost everything.

The original is where it's at. The rest is disposable popcorn/booze/drugs-fare.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed