Walter Hill Sent Sigourney Weaver a 50-Page Alien 5 Treatment!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 11, 2020, 05:45:25 PM

Author
Walter Hill Sent Sigourney Weaver a 50-Page Alien 5 Treatment! (Read 79,065 times)

Corporal Hicks

Talking to the Empire Magazine for their latest Heroes Issue, Sigourney Weaver revealed to the magazine that Walter Hill sent her a 50 page treatment for an Alien 5! Unfortunately she doesn’t mention any details, but Weaver states that she received it nearly 18 months back, in the aftermath of the death of Blomkamp’s Alien 5.

Speaking to Empire in the new Heroes Issue – on sale now – Weaver revealed that she received a 50-page treatment from Alien franchise producer Walter Hill around a year and a half ago for a different take on a fifth Ripley film, which came about in the aftermath of Blomkamp's project falling through – though she's ultimately not sure the future of Alien rests in the revival of that legendary character. "I don't know," she said. "Ridley has gone in a different direction. Maybe Ripley has done her bit. She deserves a rest."

Walter Hill and David Giler at the premiere of Alien 3.

Though once a huge part of the Alien franchise, Walter Hill has been absent from the series since Alien 3. Hill co-wrote multiple drafts of both the original Alien and Alien 3 along with his Brandywine partner David Giler.

This issue of Empire is now on shelves, but we don’t know yet if the actual article goes into more detail about this treatment.

Update: Here’s the full two page article in PDF format.

Empire Magazine (July 2020)

Keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on all things Alien! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien fans on our forums!

Local Trouble

Quote"I don't know," she said. "Ridley has gone in a different direction. Maybe Ripley has done her bit. She deserves a rest."

I agree.

Corporal Hicks

I think I'm more impressed Hill is wanting to get involved again and did a nice beastly treatment. Honestly though, give me my soft reboot Studios/Disney!

El Pistolero

Riplay died in Alien 3. She had a perfect story and a perfect Ending.

I think the best way to continue is a really good Sequel to Covenant.

marrerom

As long as its a sequel to Alien Resurrection and not a retcon of Alien 3 i'm willing to give it a chance.

razeak

Can we retcon A:R?

OpenMaw

Could just as easily be that Ripley would be there in spirit and not a physical player in the story. Similar to Alien Isolation. She voices the opening, the flight log, and then her voice is sampled for the end credits.

I'd love a connection like that. I'd honestly really like them to do something like Alien Isolation.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Sigourney Weavershe's ultimately not sure the future of Alien rests in the revival of that legendary character. Maybe Ripley has done her bit. She deserves a rest."

Yeah, this woman doesn't know what she wants. Or perhaps Hill's script wasn't as enticing as Blomkamp's one.

Quote from: Neill Blomkamp"I basically worked on Alien for about...I met Sigourney on Chappie and I had a different idea for an Alien film I wanted to make. So I had this idea for a story set in the world of those two first films that was not a continuation of James Cameron's. It was just in the world of it and it had a totally different character that was the lead character. Because my assumption was that Sigourney would just never make another one and I told her about it on Chappie and she was like "No, no, no! I actually would make another one because I felt like Ripley's story didn't end correctly." I was like "oh, okay. That's amazing!"

Quote from: Sigourney WeaverI hope that Neill Blomkamp and I will eventually get back to it. He's written such a wonderful script. I look forward to finishing Ripley's story.

QuoteEither way, she sounds determined to revisit Ellen Ripley. "It's a great story and it's satisfying to me to give this woman an ending," Weaver says, which makes it sound like this would be her final go-round as the character. That means resolution — not that Ripley will necessarily die. (Note that she's died before, and that obviously didn't end anything.)

Quote from: Neill BlomkampMy apprehension with Alien was that I had never worked with someone else's material. And not even someone else – at this point it was like... I'm going to count Fincher in with the third one, even though the third one I don't like as much as the first two. But they're all three awesome filmmakers. So it's not about living up to it and being nervous about it, I just don't want other people to tell me what to do. Which is a different thing. 'Well we think in this film this should happen because it happened in that one.'  That kind of scared me a little bit so then I was like 'I'm just not going to do it, I'm just going to put it out.' But then I spoke to Sigourney [Weaver]. And I love Sigourney and her wanting to execute the story  that I wrote, and she thinks it's the right story for Ripley. So I was like 'Nah, I'm fully going to do this.'

Salt The Fries

Quote from: El Pistolero on Jun 11, 2020, 05:59:38 PM
I think the best way to continue is a really good Sequel to Covenant.
Indeed :)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Even considering his participation, I wonder if Hill was planning on retconning Alien3.

Roughly 18 months ago?  Disney's announcement of the merger was what, December 2017?  Roughly 30 months ago?  The merger was complete maybe 15 months ago. Hmm.  One of those killed projects?

Nightmare Asylum

marrerom

marrerom

Quote from: razeak on Jun 11, 2020, 06:04:24 PM
Can we retcon A:R?

No Retconning of any kind. Last thing we need is for the Alien series to end up like Terminator... Just a jumbled mess with 3 sequels to the same movie.

Evanus

Yeah, not a fan of retconning anything. Ripley had a great ending, just let it rest. Third prequel, and then a soft reboot is probably the best way.

Vrastal

They need to stop throwing ripley and her name into everything

Kradan

Quote from: El Pistolero on Jun 11, 2020, 05:59:38 PM
Riplay died in Alien 3. She had a perfect story and a perfect Ending.

Riplay was the best among bald settlers of Fury 161

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed