Immortan Jonesy

Ingwar

Ingwar

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Good video

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Yup, another of my "I didn't know"s :laugh:  but this time I didn't know that hypersleep existed in Star Wars 👀

SM

SM

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 24, 2021, 09:01:54 PM

Yup, another of my "I didn't know"s :laugh:  but this time I didn't know that hypersleep existed in Star Wars 👀

Been watching a few fan made CG Star Wars space battle videos recently.  Visually brilliant - but some really need to work on the voice acting.

And why would you need hypersleep in Star Wars?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: SM on May 25, 2021, 12:51:42 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 24, 2021, 09:01:54 PM

Been watching a few fan made CG Star Wars space battle videos recently.  Visually brilliant - but some really need to work on the voice acting.

And why would you need hypersleep in Star Wars?

Well if they don't have friends with acting skills, maybe they should have hired someone to do voice acting. But these are movies made by fans who sometimes don't have the budget.

On the hypersleep thing, the video talks about the times before the invention of the hyperdrive or civilizations that have not been able to create their own but are trying to colonize space.

SM

SM

Fair enough.  Don't think I've read any EU stuff that predates hyperspace.

As for voice acting - acting is always an issue in fan flicks.  I think in these sorts of the short CG battle films - just don't worry about it.  Let the visuals, sound and music tell the story.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

The Imperials should only have crisp English accents, like the ancient Romans did.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

It's funny how always the Empire (even SWTOR's non-canon Sith Empire) officers speak with a British accent.  :laugh:

Quote from: SM on May 25, 2021, 01:22:35 AM
Fair enough.  Don't think I've read any EU stuff that predates hyperspace.

As for voice acting - acting is always an issue in fan flicks.  I think in these sorts of the short CG battle films - just don't worry about it.  Let the visuals, sound and music tell the story.

I think the Rakata of the old EU were pioneers in hyperspace travel. Yes, the same ones from Kotor:laugh: But the concept of hypersleep sounds so impractical in Star Wars. I mean, imagine you've built an empire in the galactic capital. Then you send your armada to conquer the distant parts of the galaxy aboard hypersleep ships. It takes thousands of years to travel back and forth, and when they return to the capital there is no longer an empire!

Dude 1: Where is my empire ?!  :'(

Dude 2: Eh we invented hyperdrive 1000 years ago and conquered this planet. Sorry not sorry.  :-X

As for voice acting ~ yeah, the sound and the action should be enough. I wonder if Trekies shorts are better with voice acting. 🤔

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

5 and 6 are my favourite Star Wars, I wish I owned them on physical media. I only have 1 (Phantom Menace) on VHS.

I like The Mandalorian as well, but I am really far behind on it. Its the best space western since Firefly.... or maybe those are the only 2 good modern 'space westerns'.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Farscape has its moments.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed