All Star Trek

Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 341,218 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Soooo...Season 2 started strong and just went off the rails. Didn't enjoy what they did with the Borg at all. I thought the big money shot stuff in the finale was rubbish and weak. But I really dug what they did with Q. I thought that was strong! But over all, yeah, another piece of Nu-Trek feeling poor over all.

Just waiting for Strange New Worlds to enter dock, and then we'll see how that is! I've heard good things of the pilot, so hopefully that'll be a nice palette cleanse after that finale.

Also, I think I'm in love with Gia Sandhu.

Spoiler
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

So I enjoyed Strange New Worlds. Love that they're actually continuing on with the ramifications of what Pike had learned. I'm enjoying the new cast. It felt like Trek. I wasn't keen on

Spoiler
them being able to build a warp bomb out of just observing ships in a battle.
[close]

That seemed a little too silly to me, but I rode with it. Also don't think T'Pring jives too well with what we knew from Amok Time, but eh, I'll roll with it too. It's not like Trek doesn't change up the lore, and this isn't like the Klingons having cloaks before the Alliance, so I'm not too offended by that.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Yeah, it felt like Star Trek. So far so good.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

So I'm a bit of a noob with Star Trek although I've seen various films and random episodes throughout the years. So to all the Trekkies would "Strange New Worlds" be an okay starting point?

mez86

mez86

Yes you be fine to start with Strange new worlds as its set before most of star trek apart from Enterprise

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

oh wait this isn't the orville thread

Kradan

Kradan

StanSwitek

StanSwitek

I hope you all saw the latest episode of Strange New Worlds (S01E09), which was a horror-themed episode where the crew explore a crashed Federation ship (anothr Constitution-class) on an ice world. A TON of Alien series references. Kind of a loving homage. Maybe the closest we'll get to Aliens vs. Star Trek.

ace3g

ace3g

Wweyland

Wweyland

Perhaps Wesley back as well?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Okay, colour me curious about the SNW/Lower Decks episode. My 2 favourite shows of the current Trek!

Local Trouble

kwisatz

kwisatz

ohno RIP 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed