Aliens: Fireteam Elite Catch All

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 09, 2021, 03:26:43 PM

Author
Aliens: Fireteam Elite Catch All (Read 91,880 times)

Corporal Hicks

I keep meaning to go back to it. I've been once like 8 years ago, but now they've got the Pulsey I've been meaning to arrange with Shevvie to go.

Crazy Rich

So uh, I think Phalanx is my new main class, it really vibes with me.

Generally it's a useful addition to the team (especially assuming players know that they take 10% less damage if they stay behind me on top of the other 10% for having the shield in use which adds up to 20% less damage), and after doing the 2nd campaign with this class I found that this class is the answer to the synth minigun/flamethrower swarm problem I've had sometimes, the shield protects but most importantly the more damage it takes the more bonus damage I can dish right back at bigger enemies in tank brawls and in the end ended up with lots of special unit kills.

acrediblesource

2 Phalanx who know how to use the sheild can be powerful. I've yet to use it in horde mode. Let me know if you want a team and try it out! Search me on Steam (username MassImpact124)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Sep 14, 2021, 09:29:05 PM
(especially assuming players know that they take 10% less damage if they stay behind me on top of the other 10% for having the shield in use which adds up to 20% less damage), a
How does the game define "behind"? Like is it a cone behind you depending on which way you're facing at the moment?

acrediblesource

Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 18, 2021, 02:55:31 PM
Quote from: Crazy Rich on Sep 14, 2021, 09:29:05 PM
(especially assuming players know that they take 10% less damage if they stay behind me on top of the other 10% for having the shield in use which adds up to 20% less damage), a
How does the game define "behind"? Like is it a cone behind you depending on which way you're facing at the moment?
correct.

Crazy Rich

For a game that supposedly has a healthy player base, damn is it hard to actually find anyone via matchmaking, I'd rather they actually fix and improve on matchmaking than give us new content at this point.

Kailem

Kailem

The problem - which is only going to get worse going forward - is that the player base is segregated not just by mission, but by difficulty too.

On the one hand I like that the matchmaking only lasts a minute before giving you AI teammates and throwing you into the game, so you don't ever have to wait too long. But on the other, if you're trying to find actual human players for a higher difficulties, it means you have to keep cancelling and re-doing the matchmaking if it doesn't find anyone, which is a tad annoying.

I think it might have been Voodoo who suggested it back when it came out, but it really could do with a quickmatch feature either for difficulty or missions or both, if you've finished the game and played every mission a few times and just want to get into any match with other human players.

426Buddy

426Buddy

The devs have said they are working on the quickplay feature, I just hope they aren't too late. Really should have been caught before release.

Voodoo Magic

Yeah, it definitely should have been a feature upon release. It feels the playerbase has reaaaaallly dropped off. Looking for players mostly brings me two bots, or one player / one bot. I don't care if it takes 7 minutes, let me turn off bots and let me search just for real players with an unlimited timer please!

And PvP.  I really have to look a closer at "World War Z" but I remember reading "Left 4 Dead 2" having a very successful Versus mode. Perhaps Cold Iron can model something after that mode, if it's not too late.

acrediblesource

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 20, 2021, 12:59:48 PM
Yeah, it definitely should have been a feature upon release. It feels the playerbase has reaaaaallly dropped off. Looking for players mostly brings me two bots, or one player / one bot. I don't care if it takes 7 minutes, let me turn off bots and let me search just for real players with an unlimited timer please!

And PvP.  I really have to look a closer at "World War Z" but I remember reading "Left 4 Dead 2" having a very successful Versus mode. Perhaps Cold Iron can model something after that mode, if it's not too late.

A versus mode would be cool but it would only make sense if we got to choose to be synthetics. No such class available yet.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I'm actually finding players really quick and for multiple levels on xbox.

Usually only have to try 1 or 2 times to get a team going now.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: 426Buddy on Sep 20, 2021, 07:51:25 PM
I'm actually finding players really quick and for multiple levels on xbox.

Usually only have to try 1 or 2 times to get a team going now.

Cool! Have you tried beyond Standard Difficulty?

426Buddy

426Buddy

Yeah ive played intense a few times. I just got done failing a match because my team was really terrible. But I found the match first try.

I'm on the last level on standard. I played it once and died right at the start of the escape lol.

I like alpha and Beta on standard sometimes more than real people but they are useless on intense.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 20, 2021, 12:59:48 PM
I don't care if it takes 7 minutes, let me turn off bots and let me search just for real players with an unlimited timer please!

This please, anything but bots.

If there's 2 classes I'd try to improve it's Phalanx and Doc.

I feel Phalanx could shine more against aliens if it had some sort of a taunt so that it could actually tank, as opposed to aliens running right by you like you don't exist.

Doc may not really need big changes... as long as more people were aware the Doc should be the only one picking up med-kits, sure you have to rely on the Doc to use those kits on you rather than yourself but taking med-kits is the only way the Doc can recharge it's healing station, and when it hits 0 it won't be of much use to the team. Tweaks to how to recharge the health station would be nice though.

That's why when thinking about preparing for Extreme I may be ready with Demolisher, Phalanx and Gunner but in case others want to play those I'd rather level the Technician or Recon than the Doc to offer more of a support role to the team without having to worry over not being able to be a Doc that can work at full potential.

Crazy Rich

Well at least in the latest patch they made it so the Doc's trauma station now recharges when ANYONE picks up a medkit, not just the Doc alone anymore.  :)

And if there's more than one Doc than the energy is split evenly.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed