News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 07, 2015, 02:09:21 PM

Author
News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant (Read 551,208 times)

T Dog

I don't about Gregson. His main themes are pretty good but he's one of those modern digital glitchy highly synthethic sounding composers. It all just sounds like crappy computer sounds.

Pvt. Himmel

Everything is progressing quickly good good soon we will have the first teaser, and a new release date!!

Enoch

Enoch

Quote from: T Dog on Sep 29, 2016, 04:19:18 PM
I don't about Gregson. His main themes are pretty good but he's one of those modern digital glitchy highly synthethic sounding composers. It all just sounds like crappy computer sounds.

Oh, no my friend. He is primarily educated in orchestral and choral music.
Read about his background a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq5Xkfz_MW8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzI3AdpA9e4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxeiDFlJ5kU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsFscsUs0NE

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I liked The Martian's soundtrack. It gave a lot of texture to the visuals without calling attention to itself.

Enoch

Ideed. He knows how to do orchestral and
electronic music as well. But synthesizer was something new
to him at the beginning of his movie music career. I watched several
clips with him, and he explained that!

T Dog

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 29, 2016, 04:27:12 PM

I liked The Martian's soundtrack. It gave a lot of texture to the visuals without calling attention to itself.
I find all his music to be pretty bland and unremarkable. The orchestral stuff just sounds like generic modern blockbuster music that was written/demoed in whatever computer program they all use.

Enoch

What do you think about Goldsmiths and Horners soundtracks,
or Goldenthals for that matter?

T Dog

Quote from: Enoch on Sep 29, 2016, 04:43:55 PM
What do you think about Goldsmiths and Horners soundtracks,
or Goldenthals for that matter?
Was thinking about this even before you asked.

Goldenhal's - most interesting overall (sampled/environmental sound mixed with orchestra done right), some great musical themes.

Horner's - most effective and thrilling overall in the whole series. Most exciting, hypes up the action even more so while still being a classical orchestral Hollywood soundtrack.

Goldsmiths - when I go back and watch Alien I'm alway's surprised and intrigued by how mysterious and non horror soundtrack the music is. It's very thematically rich. It's a more traditional science fiction score than what you'd expect when you think of the horror of the movie. Also some great and hugely effective uses of minimalist electronics as well. Such as the heartbeat in the Brett sequence, the camera swing in the Space Jockey room.

Enoch

Enoch

Agree with everything you wrote, except
I want to be optimistic about Gregson-Williams :)

T Dog

Quote from: Enoch on Sep 29, 2016, 05:52:06 PM
Agree with everything you wrote, except
I want to be optimistic about Gregson-Williams :)
I think that unfortunately it'll be bland and non obtrusive at best. And inappropriate vibe wise at worst, I actually liked his melody in Prometheus but just thought it was completely inappropriate for the movie.

On a side note if Hollywood composers work so late in the process re: Rogue One change announced recently. Does that mean Covenant is near the end of the line? Surely it must have tons of effects work to do on it right?

Stolen

#TeamENOCH

I love Gregson Williams, especially when working with Scott. Soundtrack of Kingdom Of Heaven is perfect. The Martian is his best since a long time. And what he did on Prometheus is grandiose.

Generally the music recording is done when the editing is well advanced...

Enoch

Enoch

So we can presume that Alien: Covenant is almost
entirely finished? ???

Quote#TeamENOCH

We are rebellious team,
aka the Fallen Engineers.  ;D

Stolen

Wayne Haag will finish his work next week.

I think the main montage (but not last) is completed. Now music. After the sound work. And of course a lot of work on FX. There still for a few months. Then Screening test and work of final editing.

Enoch

So there is strong possibility for release date change or not?
March, march!!!! ;D

Stolen

Quote from: Enoch on Sep 29, 2016, 06:47:50 PM
So there is strong possibility for release date change or not?
March, march!!!! ;D

Definitely it's a possibility. Problem: March is a month of big release. While August is misery, no competition, Alien Covenant should crush everything ($ 150M)

Then if it comes out in March, this means a teaser very very soon.
Luke Scott has confirmed shoot viral videos for Covenant.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed