What Alien designs would you like to see in the new film?

Started by OmegaZilla, Feb 27, 2015, 11:15:20 AM

Author
What Alien designs would you like to see in the new film? (Read 38,248 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 27, 2015, 01:46:43 PM
The white Carlos Huante design?

Wasn't that the proto-Alien? Not the Jockey-burster?

Son Of Kane

Yes, if the Deacon never turns up again I'm going to consider that it's "Adult" form.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Omegazilla on Feb 27, 2015, 01:50:42 PM
I think it was Terx2 calling the Deacon a Venom relative or something like that. As far as Proto-Aliens go, there was a perfect fan concept design that looked like a prehistoric Alien -- heavily inspired by Giger's concepts, but with a stronger jawline. Can't find it, but it was a marvel. Far better than anything in Prometheus.

I think I remember the one you're talking about, and if it is indeed the one I remember loving it.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 27, 2015, 01:51:33 PMWasn't that the proto-Alien? Not the Jockey-burster?

I loved that thing. I loved that it could squeeze its body through any opening, like an octopus.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 27, 2015, 01:51:33 PM

Wasn't the scrapped proto-Alien the Ultramorph?

Son Of Kane

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 27, 2015, 02:13:36 PM
Quote from: Omegazilla on Feb 27, 2015, 01:50:42 PM
I think it was Terx2 calling the Deacon a Venom relative or something like that. As far as Proto-Aliens go, there was a perfect fan concept design that looked like a prehistoric Alien -- heavily inspired by Giger's concepts, but with a stronger jawline. Can't find it, but it was a marvel. Far better than anything in Prometheus.

I think I remember the one you're talking about, and if it is indeed the one I remember loving it.

This picture specifically sticks in my mind:

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 27, 2015, 02:20:06 PM

Nah - 2 different creatures. The Ultramorph was the jockey-birthed. The white one was the proto-Alien that came out of...Shaw?

OmegaZilla

There it is:

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 27, 2015, 02:21:46 PMNah - 2 different creatures. The Ultramorph was the jockey-birthed. The white one was the proto-Alien that came out of...Shaw?

Holloway, although technically he was inside Shaw at the time :P

Corporal Hicks

Didn't Shaw give birth to something as well? I vaguely remember her being healed as she was giving birth?

Son Of Kane

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 27, 2015, 02:25:42 PM
Didn't Shaw give birth to something as well? I vaguely remember her being healed as she was giving birth?

In the film? The Trilobite.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 27, 2015, 02:21:46 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 27, 2015, 02:20:06 PM

Nah - 2 different creatures. The Ultramorph was the jockey-birthed. The white one was the proto-Alien that came out of...Shaw?

Ahh, didn't know that. I haven't actually read through the older scripts, and have only partially dug through the bonus features on the Blu-ray set (there's some really extensive stuff in there, much like the Anthology set).

I did read through the art book back in 2012, so it might have been covered in there, but admittedly I'm having trouble remembering a lot of the details. It being the Alien that comes out of Shaw/Watts definitely makes sense, though. Was the one that came out of Holloway supposed to be different in design as well? I remember this concept art, but I don't know if there was ever anything like it in a script:

Quote from: Omegazilla on Feb 27, 2015, 02:22:23 PM
There it is:

Yup, I remember that. Really great stuff. I would perhaps elongate the head a tad (or at least reduce the curve a bit), maybe trim a bit of excess material on the neck, but otherwise I'm completely sold on that design. The "face" is fantastic, and I love what they did with the back sans-tubing.

I think in one of the original scripts she surgically removes a chestburster, but I could be wrong.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Feb 27, 2015, 02:26:48 PM

No - in Engineers.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 27, 2015, 02:25:42 PMDidn't Shaw give birth to something as well? I vaguely remember her being healed as she was giving birth?

That was just a regular ol' Giger Alien. She died because it popped out before the medpod could finish removing it, but then the pod saved her life.

The creature that came out of Holloway was the white alien from the image in Son Of Kane's post. It was malleable and could squeeze its body through tiny openings. It's later implied to be the prototype or ancestor of the Xenomorph from the films.

Son Of Kane

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 27, 2015, 02:27:36 PM
Quote from: Son Of Kane on Feb 27, 2015, 02:26:48 PM

No - in Engineers.

Oh- in that case...

Ahem.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed