Possibly the best analysis of the film I've read

Started by JaaayDee, Jun 09, 2012, 07:02:48 AM

Author
Possibly the best analysis of the film I've read (Read 42,732 times)

fortress77

fortress77

I have one question it is clearly that this is not the first creation of xenomorph i mean i saw a statue of xenomorph in the wall of the ship or what ever place that
is it was like a statue on the wall :| did you guys see it on the movie what do you think it means

cmdcnqr

HILARIOUS. Never realized how many people went to this movie seeking the answers to life. I went with the notion that this was a stand alone explanation of the SJ. And it piqued my interest, gave a splendid colorful version to the Ancient Astronaut thesis, and has me waiting for a sequel. It's called ENTERTAINMENT folks.

PROM3TH3US

Here's another interesting theory.
What is Going On in 'Prometheus'? A Universe of Questions, Answers and Theories
http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/what-is-going-on-in-prometheus-a-universe-of-questions-answers-and-theories/

dachande89

Well I like to believe it was all for the intent of creating the xeno. The mural on the walls depicted the xenos and I assume thats what the jockeys were intending to create. Maybe humans were merely guinea pigs to create the perfect weapon.

DoomRulz

Quote from: cmdcnqr on Jun 12, 2012, 05:13:14 AM
HILARIOUS. Never realized how many people went to this movie seeking the answers to life. I went with the notion that this was a stand alone explanation of the SJ. And it piqued my interest, gave a splendid colorful version to the Ancient Astronaut thesis, and has me waiting for a sequel. It's called ENTERTAINMENT folks.

Not answers to life, but answers to the events leading up to Alien, yes. And even then, it succeeds and fails at the same time.

trailpimp

For me, the screenwriters and director didn't have a clue of what their doing. They recalled a bunch of ancient astronauts theories, threw in a couple of monsters and fancy ships, some fx, HR Giger inspired surroundings and designs, and 3d filming and voilá: "Prometheus" was in the cinemas.
The "questions" raised by the movie, to me are an insult to moviegoers and Alien fans. The inconsistencies, the ambiguities, the appauling twists throughout the movie are not some  higher form of writting and film directing, they're just a sloppy mix of ideas and poor execution masked by a good budget.
For me, the real challenge was to construct an innovative narrative, yet complex, but with a sense and purpose.
In the end what we really get are advanced optics, digital visions and an incredible Michael Fassbender.

"they were doing"

DoomRulz

The execution wasn't inherently bad. The film ultimately in the end, wanted to set up a sequel which is why it asked so many questions that are indeed worth looking into but didn't answer them in one go.

departedhero20

I had posted this this morning but good read.

ice9684

am i the only one who doesn't think Vickers is an android? The fact that she may have had a cold demeanor i understand, but she still showed emotion when she torched Holloway and definitely had fear when she got squished by the ship.

DaddyYautja

Quote from: ice9684 on Jun 12, 2012, 08:27:21 PM
am i the only one who doesn't think Vickers is an android? The fact that she may have had a cold demeanor i understand, but she still showed emotion when she torched Holloway and definitely had fear when she got squished by the ship.

I dont either. Why would Weyland create a robot that is going to be pissed at him all the time?
Plus are they built to be fully functional? Cause, you know, Janek.

DoomRulz

She wasn't a robot. That's confirmed in the link PROM3TH3US posted earlier. Plus, there's nothing in the film that would suggest she was.

szkoki

this is AWESOME i wish it would be somehow in the movie...because many people only see the effects and the lame screenplay

RagingDragon

Everybody ignored Laufey's great comment pages back, which makes this theory create just as many holes as it tries to fill.

It was a great, great read, mind you, but unless they had a human to interact with 2,000 years ago on 223, the theory about the goo doesn't hold any water, unless it "interacted" with the jockeys differently because they decided to kill humanity rather than create life.

It also all depends on whether the goo at the beginning is the same as the black goo in the temples.

An interesting bit can be found on the projectprometheus web site, under Project: Genesis.  You can download Shaw's research dossiers, and one of them shows an Urn they found on earth, petrified, from circa 2,500 B.C.  This means that not only was the goo already on Earth, it was supposedly found 2,500 years before the engineers decided to wipe us out.

Perhaps they were testing it?  Was this the urn that the sacrificial jockey got his goo from?  If so, it's pretty clear that it's the same goo.  If that's the case, the psychological aspect that dude pointed out seems the most likely, making the goo an intelligent organism that reacts with its' hosts base nature.

But then that raises yet another question, in that if the goo reacts as such, and the Jockey had to prepare himself for the sacrifice that would create life, what was up with Holloway?  He clearly chose in the end to sacrifice himself, for one reason or another, and this would be the equivelant to what the sacrificial jockey had done.

More missing pieces.

amazing_prometheus

amazing_prometheus

Wow, this article borrows SHAMELESSLY from the wordpress review I am linking below which was published 5 DAYS before this Cavalorn one!

It's even got the same title!

http://benjitaylorwins.wordpress.com/2012/06/01/prometheusunbound/

Out of order I would say.

#NotCoolAtAll.

Surely someone should apologize? Stealing the title is just out of order. And the WordPress article was blog of the day at some point, I remember.

Mr. Clemens

To be fair, Percy Bysshe Shelley came up with that title first.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed