What should be the title for Alien 5?

Started by Magegg, Feb 19, 2015, 05:48:30 PM

Author
What should be the title for Alien 5? (Read 30,597 times)

Magegg

I pretty much guess the "Alien 5" idea is discarded, they dropped numbers after Alien 3 and probably they don't wat people to remember how many movies they have done.

It could be Alien + a subtitle. Or something entirely different...

What would you suggest?

I would say Alien Returns could be a good title. Sounds much like Superman Returns, and in my country Aliens was titled Aliens: El Regreso (Aliens: The Return), but I think it could work. After all, it's a return after a long time without an Alien movie.

If Ripley's involved, probably Ripley Returns, Ripley vs Aliens (OK, maybe not that one) or plain go Rambo with a "Ripley" title. But who knows, the "Alien" title is important to market the movie, prrobably Alien: Ripley Returns? Alien: Ripley?

For more alternate titles to the ones I provided, just add an "s" at the end of Alien for movies with that word on it:D

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

But that is for foreign countries, no person in the United States refers to the first movie under the name "Alien the eighth passenger". Anyway it would be great to see a different name instead of just Alien 5. How about "Alien: The Bridge of nightmares" :p

Magegg

Yeah, here the first movie is known as Alien, el octavo pasajero.

Rankles75

Alien Armageddon
Alien v Gremlins
Aliens: Nightmare Asylum

Magegg

What if they start officially adding the term Xenomorph on the titles? Alien: Xenomorph?

MrSpaceJockey

I'd throw up.

God I hope the people helming the next film understand that the term xenomorph isn't an specific name exclusive to the movie's aliens.

Can't possibly think of a good title, though.  I'd hate it if they simply titled it "Alien," like go the The Thing prequel route, but also titles with colons usually sound tacky.  Even "Alien: Isolation" wasn't a title I was all that fond of, to be honest.

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Magegg on Feb 19, 2015, 05:48:30 PM
I pretty much guess the "Alien 5" idea is discarded, they dropped numbers after Alien 3 and probably they don't wat people to remember how many movies they have done.

It could be Alien + a subtitle. Or something entirely different...

What would you suggest?

I would say Alien Returns could be a good title. Sounds much like Superman Returns, and in my country Aliens was titled Aliens: El Regreso (Aliens: The Return), but I think it could work. After all, it's a return after a long time without an Alien movie.

If Ripley's involved, probably Ripley Returns, Ripley vs Aliens (OK, maybe not that one) or plain go Rambo with a "Ripley" title. But who knows, the "Alien" title is important to market the movie, prrobably Alien: Ripley Returns? Alien: Ripley?

For more alternate titles to the ones I provided, just add an "s" at the end of Alien for movies with that word on it:D
God all those are terrible.

I'm not sure if they'll use a number or not, but if they do, I'd be willing to bet they'd go with:

Alien V

MrSpaceJockey

Are there any sequels with huge gaps from the last movie that used a number in their title?  Because I feel like that's an unpopular route to take...Jurassic World, Terminator: Genesis, Predators...

Magegg

Quote from: xeno-kaname on Feb 19, 2015, 06:17:26 PMI'm not sure if they'll use a number or not, but if they do, I'd be willing to bet they'd go with:

Alien V
Adding a roman number won't market with new generations, they need something more accessible that doesn't announce itself as something dragging too many sequels behind (examples the recent Rambo and Rocky comeback movies) so people who never saw those movies (people 20 years and younger) won't feel excluded and feel like they can just go watch the movie with a fresh mind.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

"Queen of Blades" (or Queen of Blood) and Ripley turns into something like Kerrigan from Starcraft  :laugh:

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Feb 19, 2015, 06:11:11 PM
I'd throw up.

God I hope the people helming the next film understand that the term xenomorph isn't an specific name exclusive to the movie's aliens.

Can't possibly think of a good title, though.  I'd hate it if they simply titled it "Alien," like go the The Thing prequel route, but also titles with colons usually sound tacky.  Even "Alien: Isolation" wasn't a title I was all that fond of, to be honest.

So could just be Alien, but what about "The Alien".

Other names that come to my mind are:

Alien Apocalypse

Ripley Clone 8

Alien: Judgment

Alien: The final days

Alien: Dark Corners

Alien Chronicles

Ripley Chronicles

Alien: The Space Fear (or The Ancient Fear)

The Alien Beast

Star Beast  :laugh:

MrSpaceJockey

Actually I don't think "Ripley" is that bad of a title.  Though it does seem kind of cliche.

I'll throw STARBEAST into the pile of extremely unlikely choices, though I don't think i'd personally mind it if ended up being it.  Though I'm pretty damn sure it won't.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Feb 19, 2015, 06:11:11 PM
I'd throw up.

Listen to MrSpaceJockey, this man knows what he is talking about.

Magegg

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Feb 19, 2015, 06:45:33 PMAlien: Judgment

Alien chronicles
God, no, hope they won't go with those video, just add "Alien: Revelations" to your list and we would have the whole game-like cliché subtitles family complete  :D

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Feb 19, 2015, 06:45:33 PMRipley Chronicles
As predictable as Hollywood is, this could be it.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

How about Z Reticuli

Local Trouble

Quote from: Magegg on Feb 19, 2015, 06:08:13 PM
What if they start officially adding the term Xenomorph on the titles? Alien: Xenomorph?

Then I'll boycott the film on general principle.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed