New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios

Started by Moosh89, Jan 17, 2018, 05:20:48 PM

Author
New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios (Read 154,334 times)

Asian

TO DEVELOPERS:  Please add predators as playble race too. And ignore last two avp movies. Look at avp2 game that was the best avp game!  :'(  :'(  :'(

Adam802

Quote from: Asian on Jan 23, 2018, 08:31:04 PM
TO DEVELOPERS:  Please add predators as playble race too. And ignore last two avp movies. Look at avp2 game that was the best avp game!  :'(  :'(  :'(

No, this is an alien-only game.  Not avp.  (though i would like a new avp eventually, but I need a truly great Alien(s) game 1st!)

Scorpio

We've already had a great Alien game.  What we need is a great standalone Predator game.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Apollo on Jan 23, 2018, 11:58:58 AM
Quote from: Alienated on Jan 22, 2018, 05:15:21 PM
So I suppose it is safe to assume that any hope of a sequel to Alien: Isolation have gone out the window?

I'm not entirely sure how it works but if Sega have lost the Alien IP then does that mean that they have lost the the Alien Isolation rights? or because they published it do they still retain them? or does it fall on to Creative Assembly? or even onto the new IP holders?
My point being is it possible for it to be picked up again for a sequel at some point in the future?

I believe it's Fox that would own the rights to do a sequel if they decided to.

Quote from: Adam802 on Jan 24, 2018, 03:51:50 AM
Quote from: Asian on Jan 23, 2018, 08:31:04 PM

No, this is an alien-only game.  Not avp.  (though i would like a new avp eventually, but I need a truly great Alien(s) game 1st!)

We've had a truly great Alien game with Isolation but we are in need of a fantastic multiplayer game!!

Quote from: Scorpio on Jan 24, 2018, 03:58:28 AM
We've already had a great Alien game.  What we need is a great standalone Predator game.

Also this. Still want my open-galaxy Predator game!

Apollo

Apollo

I believe it's Fox that would own the rights to do a sequel if they decided to.

Ahh It's most probably this. Lets hope its THIS. That ending to Isolation deserves to be continued on.

PVTDukeMorrison

I just want class based, objective oriented multiplayer. Each class would have different weapons/abilities, but classes would be limited in numbers per section or squad, and since the average section is made up of 8-10 guys it could look like this.

Support [x2]: Armed with a smartgun/LMG with a pistol,
Rifleman [x4]: Armed with Pulserifles/assault rifles, pistol, welder and grenades,
Pointman [x2]: Armed with shotguns/carbines, pistol, motion trackers, welders
Technician [x1]: Armed with SMGs, sentry turrets, hacking tool
Medic [x1]: Armed with Carbines/Machine Pistols, medical bag

JokersWarPig

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Jan 24, 2018, 11:31:42 PM
I just want class based, objective oriented multiplayer. Each class would have different weapons/abilities, but classes would be limited in numbers per section or squad, and since the average section is made up of 8-10 guys it could look like this.

Support [x2]: Armed with a smartgun/LMG with a pistol,
Rifleman [x4]: Armed with Pulserifles/assault rifles, pistol, welder and grenades,
Pointman [x2]: Armed with shotguns/carbines, pistol, motion trackers, welders
Technician [x1]: Armed with SMGs, sentry turrets, hacking tool
Medic [x1]: Armed with Carbines/Machine Pistols, medical bag

Only thing I'd change is giving the Pointman access to the Flamethrower in addition to the shotgun. It's not Aliens with out the flamethrower.

If this were to be multiplayer only (which I hope not but I'll take anything) I'd honestly hope it was like Dead Space 2's multiplayer but with a class system for the marines. Give each map it's own narrative with objectives for the marines to accomplish and the Aliens have to stop them by killing them or completing their own counter objective.
I loved how Dead Space 2's multiplayer played and I think it'd work great for an Aliens themed game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LroupM6klFM

Seegson

Persistent Universe =/= arena

Destiny have different enemies and final bosses, i see this product more like a mmo....some guys on Cold Iron have experience on mmos

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: Seegson on Jan 25, 2018, 05:02:02 PM

Destiny have different enemies and final bosses, i see this product more like a mmo....some guys on Cold Iron have experience on mmos

[/QUOTE]

Jekku

I really would like to see a successful 1st/3rd person shooter that pits colonial marines against xenomorphs.  I know we've seen it before but it hasn't been done really well since AVP2.  I'd like to see a Left 4 Dead-esque game if possible.  I'm even okay with loot crates as long as they are cosmetics and the game is frequently updated by the devs.  After Gearbox's Colonial Marines, my expectations are extremely low.

Seegson

Quote from: D. Compton Ambrose on Jan 25, 2018, 05:31:41 PM
Quote from: Seegson on Jan 25, 2018, 05:02:02 PM

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/55115a45e4b05578a4296d3b/t/556c7b8de4b0b3bb3fade2c7/1433172894842/colbert-facepalm.gif?format=500w
[/quote]

What i mean is : if they are talking about persistent universe, they are not talking about online arenas like Alien Online or Overwatch
The game will be a classic mmo , or something like Destiny or The Division

Corporal Hicks

I'd think something like Destiny or Division would be more likely than any sort of classic MMO. I am curious to know if that's what they mean with this persistent universe phrase.

Hemi

hmmm...good point. This would indicate a larger scope. Perhaps more like WarFrame?

Apollo

I hope it Isn't like The Division.
I'm hoping hey go something down the line of Wildlands except with a lot more to do.

Seegson

The DivisiĆ³n is now better than ever, as a co-op experience in a believable and persistent world, its really good. The enemies on The Division are pretty the same every time...so adding Aliens and WY stuff on the mix should be easy to this kind of gameplay.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed