William Gibson's Alien 3

Started by Ultramorph, Apr 26, 2018, 08:06:32 PM

Author
William Gibson's Alien 3 (Read 150,740 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 18, 2018, 07:40:19 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 18, 2018, 07:26:59 PM
Hmmmm, they could do a comic of Ellison's I, Robot... especially since he can't sue them anymore.

Never heard of that one. Any good?

It's a good script (Ellison published it in book form) but it's loooong, and gets kind of muddled by the end. Ellison basically doomed the project when he told an executive that he had "the intellectual capacity of an artichoke". :laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 18, 2018, 07:44:05 PM
Hmmmm, they could do a comic of Ellison's I, Robot... especially since he can't sue them anymore.

Ellison basically doomed the project when he told an executive that he had "the intellectual capacity of an artichoke". :laugh:

Hmmm. I'll just add that to my list of things "not" to say.  ;) Sounds like something to check out though. I'll give it a look. Thanks.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 18, 2018, 07:44:05 PM

It's a good script (Ellison published it in book form) but it's loooong, and gets kind of muddled by the end. Ellison basically doomed the project when he told an executive that he had "the intellectual capacity of an artichoke". :laugh:

I've seen some interviews with Ellison recently on Prisoners of Gravity, and that seems so within his character.  What a curmudgeon!!  Brilliant, and probably right about the exec, but what a sour, bitter guy..

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 18, 2018, 09:38:07 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 18, 2018, 08:05:08 AM
What if it's so popular and successful that it turns into a monthly series entitled Corporal Hicks?

Only if it's actually my likeness.

Hicks and Bishop could even visit Arceon next!

Wweyland

Wweyland

I wonder if William Gibson is getting a nice payday from this or did he lose all future royalties when he sold the script to Fox?

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Not sure, but they did tag him in the announcement and he did comment on it positively, so maybe he's getting at least a nominal fee for it.

Denton Smalls

Denton Smalls

Can't wait to see how the hybrid is going to look, including the little spore pod and the insane birthing sequence.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I hope they keep the grander scale of Anchorpoint from the first draft. It can still be unfinished and manned by a skeleton crew, but I'd still like to see the different areas in one form or another like the mall and the aeroponics room.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

While I've been quite vocal on how I prefer the second draft, I honestly think the more insane first version would make for a better, more fun comic.

Denton Smalls

Denton Smalls

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 23, 2018, 10:51:01 AM
While I've been quite vocal on how I prefer the second draft, I honestly think the more insane first version would make for a better, more fun comic.

Was just thinking the same thing. That initial panic and scramble among the masses who are safe and secure one minute and then not is always freaky.

Wweyland

Wweyland

I hope the artwork goes more wild with the cyberpunk, perhaps in the same line as Dead Orbit.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 23, 2018, 10:51:01 AM

Honestly, crazy shit like the airborne spores and kneebursters would probably be a lot more acceptable now in the wake of Covenant.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

To be fair, the second did include the viral stuff, if memory serves.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Yeah, if infected Welles and that's how we got the Hybrid.  There were so few people on Anchorpoint in the second script so I don't recall who else died the same way.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think the legburster came from an infection via a bite in the second draft. It was unexplained in the first.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed