Sterling K Brown in talks to join Shane Black's THE PREDATOR!!!

Started by ace3g, Jan 20, 2017, 01:29:33 AM

Author
Sterling K Brown in talks to join Shane Black's THE PREDATOR!!! (Read 40,771 times)

Predator_Spirit

No entirely set in Suburbia but partially I think.

pred4

strange cast of unknowns

XENOMORPHOSIS

Hope the cast convey the bad assery like the original cast of characters in Predator.

Keith

great. another dime store TV actor  :(

Stealth_Hunter

Quote from: Keith on Jan 21, 2017, 01:37:10 PM
great. another dime store TV actor  :(
Yeah he's a TV Actor and not a big name yet but he will be in a prominent role in Marvel's Black Panther the month before the Predator hits theaters. People won't think of him as a TV actor by then I bet. 2018 might be his year to blow up and become a household name.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Off topic but have you guys heard the rumor that by 2019 when James Cameron gets the rights back to Terminator he'll produce a new movie that's to be directed by Deadpool director Tim Miller? Dunno if Arnold may be involved, maybe too busy with The Predator depending if he's involved or not.

BishopShouldGo

Lol. That's not a rumor. That's official. And why would he be too busy? Predator is filming in 2017. Nowhere near 2019. Lol.

skhellter

Predator starts shooting next month.

Terminator 6 hasnt even hired a screenwriter, yet.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 21, 2017, 06:00:53 PM
Lol. That's not a rumor. That's official. And why would he be too busy? Predator is filming in 2017. Nowhere near 2019. Lol.

Well seeing how long the delays have been, Predator 4's announcement in 2014, completing the script in late 2015, carrying out pre-production in 2016, finally setting up the filming this year 2017, a lengthy production ahead, set for a 2018 release we're lucky the movie didn't sizzle away in development hell.

Arnold maybe preoccupied with other commitments, e.i. The Apprentice, Legend of Conan, The Twins sequel Triplets, if they ever actually make it. honestly it looks like Arnold is unlikely to be involved in either movie, one The Predator despite being said to harken back to nostalgia while being an inventive sequel isn't likely to include a supporting role or a cameo for Arnold, even though a percent of the fan base would love to see that. As for Terminator is likely that project will be a reinvention rather than a continuation to the established series. They probably won't event get into production because Cameron won't gain the rights until 2019.

Infected

Quote from: pred4 on Jan 21, 2017, 09:20:22 AM
strange cast of unknowns
As if the cast of Predator 1987 was a well known cast LoL

Ontopic, i think the ex marine guy draws the attention of the predator and gets captured by the cops,
as from then on he want him as his opponent but the guy or refuses or the predator is luring him
out by killing the fbi cops and people around him, as he has to team up with the cops to fight the predator.
Maybe something like that?
Im again more curious to the mystery behind it all instead of the action scenes, will they show more of the predator world or group he hunts with? The gun blazing isnt my thing anymore.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Jan 21, 2017, 07:16:04 PM

Well seeing how long the delays have been, Predator 4's announcement in 2014, completing the script in late 2015, carrying out pre-production in 2016, finally setting up the filming this year 2017, a lengthy production ahead, set for a 2018 release we're lucky the movie didn't sizzle away in development hell.

Arnold maybe preoccupied with other commitments, e.i. The Apprentice, Legend of Conan, The Twins sequel Triplets, if they ever actually make it. honestly it looks like Arnold is unlikely to be involved in either movie, one The Predator despite being said to harken back to nostalgia while being an inventive sequel isn't likely to include a supporting role or a cameo for Arnold, even though a percent of the fan base would love to see that. As for Terminator is likely that project will be a reinvention rather than a continuation to the established series. They probably won't event get into production because Cameron won't gain the rights until 2019.

K. 2017 and 2019 are not synonymous. They are different years and have several hundred days in between them.

Quote from: Infected on Jan 21, 2017, 09:47:22 PM
strange cast of unknowns

Ontopic, i think the ex marine guy draws the attention of the predator and gets captured by the cops,
as from then on he want him as his opponent but the guy or refuses or the predator is luring him
out by killing the fbi cops and people around him, as he has to team up with the cops to fight the predator.
Im again more curious to the mystery behind it all instead of the action scenes, will they show more of the predator world or group he hunts with? The gun blazing isnt my thing anymore.

Predator wasn't a franchise when Predator came out. You gotta grow and capture new demographics. Helen Mirren and Charlize Theron are in the new Fast and Furious film. No one big was in the original. You can't be modest anymore. At least they got it right with Shane and Larry the DP.

XENOMORPHOSIS

XENOMORPHOSIS

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 22, 2017, 12:07:47 AM

K. 2017 and 2019 are not synonymous. They are different years and have several hundred days in between them.

I merely brought up the fact the Predator had been delayed for a ridiculous long time were lucky they're set on making it. If Arnold has involvement he might be contracted to promote the movie on tour internationally, but may very well have time to carry out involvement with Termiantor, which is unlikely to happen til 2019 before a release of 2020, 2019 about ten years til the setting of future war in Terminator, 2029.

*fixed quotes. Hicks

Stealth_Hunter

Stealth_Hunter

Quote...the Predator had been delayed for a ridiculous long time were lucky they're set on making it

I thought it was announced in 2014 and delayed (after the script was ready) only a couple of months from shooting in October 2016 to February 2017. I might be wrong but I don't remember reading any articles about The Predator being put on a serious hold or hiatus.

I wouldn't worry, man, think about it - when was Dwayne Johnson announced as Black Adam and Doc Savage? It'll take a couple of years for those projects to get to shooting and released but they aren't in trouble.

I optimistically hope Schwarzenegger is in the movie and if he is, chances are he won't need more than a few weeks of shooting since he's not the main character. It can fit in his schedule  :)

QuotePredator wasn't a franchise when Predator came out. You gotta grow and capture new demographics. Helen Mirren and Charlize Theron are in the new Fast and Furious film.

I agree, but I think there's a difference here. The Fast franchise has had strong enough momentum with their movies coming out soon after each other; the Predator on the other hand? It has required time to marinate after the spinoffs that general audiences didn't really gravitate towards. And it has been a long time since 1987. That means Shane Black's film has to reinvigorate life into the franchise rather than grow organically like a franchise that's been going strong for 15 years or so.

On the plus side, the film is finding new demographics in other ways. It's casting up-in-comers and people who have buzz around them (by 2018, Holbrook and Brown will probably have audiences wanting more - fingers crossed!).

On a totally other note, I'm watching The People v OJ right now (which is fantastic BTW in case you haven't watched it), and it's kind of funny that Sterling K Brown is sharing multiple scenes with the guy who played Dallas in AVPR. Then  it reminded me of Trevante Rhodes being in Moonlight with Mahershala Ali, who was in Predators. It's like Predator is the new "6 degrees from Kevin Bacan" or something lol  :P

Infected

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 22, 2017, 12:07:47 AM

Quote from: Infected on Jan 21, 2017, 09:47:22 PM
strange cast of unknowns

Predator wasn't a franchise when Predator came out. You gotta grow and capture new demographics. Helen Mirren and Charlize Theron are in the new Fast and Furious film. No one big was in the original. You can't be modest anymore. At least they got it right with Shane and Larry the DP.
The cast of Rogue One isnt that well known, but they did the job done more then one way.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed