Sterling K Brown in talks to join Shane Black's THE PREDATOR!!!

Started by ace3g, Jan 20, 2017, 01:29:33 AM

Author
Sterling K Brown in talks to join Shane Black's THE PREDATOR!!! (Read 39,439 times)

Stealth_Hunter

Stealth_Hunter

Quote..stealth_hunter? People know who Ryan Reynolds is and that is that is that is that.
I directly said that people know who he is. I wasn't disputing that at all.
QuoteHell! He'd have been great for The Predator
I agree and wasn't disputing that at all either.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Jan 20, 2017, 05:10:45 AM
Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 20, 2017, 04:54:06 AM
Quote from: SiL on Jan 20, 2017, 03:39:42 AM
Not if you don't have the money.

welllll the whole reason this particular movie was greenlit is because fox said to shane: MONEY!!!!!!
You have no idea how much. He keeps saying they'll treat it like an event picture, but they clearly don't have the money of one.

I think when Shane Black was talking event movie, he meant it more as something people are excited to go and see and pre-order tickets more than being able to spend a huge amount of money. Of course, he sounded excited about having a bigger budget but we're only talking more than AvPs and Predators budget. Predator was never going to be given a blockbuster style budget. It's too risky.

And big names don't necessarily mean big returns. I'm with Stealth_Hunter when he says -

Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Jan 20, 2017, 05:23:21 AM
Yes, Reynolds brought an incredible amount to the Deadpool project, but it wasn't his name that made the difference - it was his dedication, humor, style, and talent behind an anomaly of a film that had great word of mouth and an excellent marketing campaign with essentially no real competition at the beginning of the year.

That's what I want from the crew behind this. Not names on a billboard. I want talent behind the film and it looks like we're getting it. Brown is another one I'm not familiar with but if his accolades and buzz is anything to go by, he's another talented addition to the film and one I welcome.

Johnny Handsome

Well, the cast is certainly not what i imagined, but they are really getting some serious upcoming talent for this movie, and that is promising.

At this point, i just want a good movie that feels fresh and exciting again... can't help but feel excited with Black directing.

Pvt. Himmel

Why do they keep saying the word Predators?? Will there be more than one??

skhellter

They'll only get A list talent if someone, somewhere agrees to get paid less than usual to star in a Predator film.

Arnold is likely to be in this, though.

Looking forward to seeing Dutch again.
And Larry Fong as cinematographer aint no joke.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Jan 20, 2017, 11:04:38 AM

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/sterling-k-brown-talks-join-shane-blacks-predator-966205
QuoteThe setting for the new story is suburbia and will feature many of the fierce hunter killers, not just one.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jan 20, 2017, 11:24:08 AM
Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Jan 20, 2017, 11:04:38 AM

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/sterling-k-brown-talks-join-shane-blacks-predator-966205
QuoteThe setting for the new story is suburbia and will feature many of the fierce hunter killers, not just one.

Thanks. 8)

robbritton

You have O.J. as J.O. in the main article, dudes! Just a heads up!

Corporal Hicks

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 20, 2017, 01:37:11 AM
This cast is going to be full of awesomely talented cheap people.

But yeah this guy is dope anyway.
I hope that you're right, I really want this film to be good.

shawsbaby

Fascinating and very cool that they've so far cast three excellent black actors in (presumably) lead roles.

FiorinaFury161

He was fantastic in "The People...", really REALLY like this news!

TIMMAY

this is not a reboot THR!  If I can't trust that you can get that right....

OpenMaw

Wait... Suburbia? Oh, no... Nononono...

echobbase79

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jan 20, 2017, 10:06:21 PM

Wait... Suburbia? Oh, no... Nononono...

That's an old article that's been debunked. No Suburbia.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed