Announcing Alien: The Blueprints from Titan Books!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 26, 2017, 06:24:19 PM

Author
Announcing Alien: The Blueprints from Titan Books! (Read 50,737 times)

Corporal Hicks

QuoteTechnical drawings of all the major ships and vehicles from the Alien movies, presented in incredible detail. Includes iconic spacecraft like the Nostromo, the Sulaco and the Covenant.

Alien: The Blueprints is a collection of brand new blueprints of all the major vehicles, ships and technology of the Alien movie universe. Artist Graham Langridge delves deep into the concept art, set designs and photography to recreate full and accurate blueprints of the drop ship, the Sulaco, the Nostromo and many more. Covering all the movies including Prometheus and Alien: Covenant, this is a must-have for any Alien fan.

https://www.amazon.com/Alien-Blueprints-Graham-Langridge/dp/1785654950/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1515257487&sr=8-1&keywords=alien+blueprints

Russ840

Preordered.  ;D

Xenomrph

Perfect-Organism

Oh I'll buy this for sure.  As an industrial designer, I LOVE blueprints.  But am I seeing this right?  Is that blue grid paper with subtle stains or wear on it?  The publisher may be trying to be clever, but I'm not sure that is the direction I would have taken...

HuDaFuK

Loving the look of this.

Perfect-Organism

I'm loving the blueprints.  For sure.  I can live either cover.  This has the potential to be one of the best Aliens reference books out there..

Xenomrph

Got an email from Amazon saying that the release date has been bumped back to 2035, and Amazon's listing says the same thing. I just emailed Graham to see if he knows anything about it.

HuDaFuK

2035?! :laugh:

Usually when Amazon put up a ridiculous date like that, it just means there's a delay and they're covering themselves so they don't need to keep changing the release date.

Darwinsgirl

I just saw this the other day in my browsing the "literature" section. It didn't even come up on the Amazon search I did. Though it was still up on Book Depository's site for 10 0/0 off.

2035 Crazy :o

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Chapters.ca in Canada also has 2035!  Awesome!  This book will feature everything about Alien X by Blomkamp!

Anybody recall if 2035 has any significance in the Alien timeline?

SM

Weyland Corp opened an office in Antarctica.

Perfect-Organism

According to the WY report, Weyland introduced a spacecraft called the Heliades in 2034.  Nothing particularly interesting happened in 2035.  It doesn't seem to be some elaborate in-universe geek joke...  probably a typo, but an odd one.  I can't see how you could press these keys consecutively by mistake on a keyboard to get that number.

USG Ishimura

Noooo....not 2035!

Very likely pushed back to tie in with a big anniversary next year....the 40th Anniversary of the movie that started it all, 'ALIEN'. I do not know the exact date yet, that is still being worked out. I will say that Titan have been awesome to work with on this and I'm very happy with how it is coming along.

About the way the pages look above, I wasn't sure about it at first, but having seen it in person (I got sent some preview sheets), I love it.

I am very excited. :-)

Perfect-Organism

This is the single most exciting thing in the AVP galaxy for me for the foreseeable future.

Nightmare Asylum

Any updates on this thing since the Amazon 2035 thing?

This and the Hallett/Hatton David art book both intrigue me immensely.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed