Danny McBride discusses Alien Covenant with Rolling Stone magazine

Started by BonesawT101, Jul 06, 2016, 03:19:33 PM

Author
Danny McBride discusses Alien Covenant with Rolling Stone magazine (Read 45,117 times)

Necronomicon II

Nah Ridley's pulling a DOOM, McBride is Doomguy.

oduodu

Quote from: NickisSmart on Aug 16, 2016, 03:43:39 PM
"Aliens, shotguns, and spaceships." Sounds like Ridley's pulling a James Cameron, almost.

If Prometheus is loosely a remake of Alien then it stands to reason that as a sequel Covenant will more than likely be remake of ALiens.

Loosely speaking of course.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: oduodu on Aug 16, 2016, 08:43:58 PMIf Prometheus is loosely a remake of Alien then it stands to reason that as a sequel Covenant will more than likely be remake of ALiens.

Prometheus wasn't really a remake of Alien at all, though.

Perfect-Organism

Prometheus was more closely a remake of Alien vs. Predator.  Even then it's a stretch.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Danny McBride speaks about how he's sworn to secrecy whilst still letting out on a tid bit about the crew and who they all are .  In an interview with the pressassociation he had this to say.....

"I got a f****** document of like 10 pages of everything I'm not allowed to say about it.

"I'm having a blast on that movie. It's awesome. I'm the pilot of the spaceship, the Covenant. It's a colonisation ship. It's full of couples.

"We're setting off to find a planet that we're hopefully going to colonise and s*** doesn't go as planned."

Can't wait for this movie.....

In other words: It's rescue mission you'll love it, there's some juicy colonist's daughters we gotta rescue from their virginity.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Aug 16, 2016, 10:05:27 PM
Prometheus was more closely a remake of Alien vs. Predator.  Even then it's a stretch.

Because it wasn't a remake. They just used similar concepts.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Nostromo on Aug 17, 2016, 01:00:09 AM
Danny McBride speaks about how he's sworn to secrecy whilst still letting out on a tid bit about the crew and who they all are .  In an interview with the pressassociation he had this to say.....

"I got a f****** document of like 10 pages of everything I'm not allowed to say about it.

"I'm having a blast on that movie. It's awesome. I'm the pilot of the spaceship, the Covenant. It's a colonisation ship. It's full of couples.

"We're setting off to find a planet that we're hopefully going to colonise and s*** doesn't go as planned."

Can't wait for this movie.....

In other words: It's rescue mission you'll love it, there's some juicy colonist's daughters we gotta rescue from their virginity.

So we will get to see Ripley's Father?? 8)

Corporal Hicks

Nothing new but some interesting history on McBride.  :)

BonesawT101

Danny seems like the kinda fella that would be great craic when just chilling with a few pints! Can't wait to see him in the movie.

SuicideDoors

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 20, 2016, 01:58:14 PM

Great find Corporal!

I love him. I swear on my life way before he was announced to have a role in the film he's my favourite comedian in film. He's f**king hilarious in Pineapple Express and This is the End. Knowing he's a huge fan of the movies is a treat as well, he's geeking out along with us!

Pvt. Himmel

Wiki still has him listed as:

[Danny McBride as Gilbert Walterman, the pilot of the Covenant.

But everything was erased... Hmmm.

CainsSon

Quote from: SuicideDoors on Sep 20, 2016, 03:45:10 PM

Great find Corporal!

I love him. I swear on my life way before he was announced to have a role in the film he's my favourite comedian in film. He's f**king hilarious in Pineapple Express and This is the End. Knowing he's a huge fan of the movies is a treat as well, he's geeking out along with us!

Its possible to extrapolate that McBride's pilot lives until, most likely the 3rd act, I'd say. Given what he says about having dinner with a dwindling cast. That would mean he survives longer than most.

Pvt. Himmel

I can see it now...
Spoiler
McBride, Waterston survive and in mad passionate 'thank god we survived' embrace Ripley is conceived.
[close]
What a twist. :laugh:

lv_226

lv_226

Quote from: Himmelblau on Sep 20, 2016, 05:45:37 PM
I can see it now...
Spoiler
McBride, Waterston survive and in mad passionate 'thank god we survived' embrace Ripley is conceived.
[close]
What a twist. :laugh:

Birth of Ripley revealed.

Perfect-Organism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR88nyU4ZXc

Aw man! This is regionally blocked in Canada.  Anything interesting?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed