Author
#NEWTLIVES (Read 27,406 times)

DualBlade

DualBlade

Having her in would be BIG!!

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 16, 2015, 08:30:07 AM
Carrie tweeted this a few hours ago: "Exciting things regarding #Aliens...that in mind, I'm not in talks for Aliens5, guaranteed excitement for fans of the franchise #Aliens30th"

There I go getting my hopes up again!!

Shamo

Shamo

So... I think its easy. I mean Sigourney Weavor said, its going to be very organic. And Blonkamp at some point said, he has no plans scrapping Alien 3 and 4.

He just said it will continue the style of Aliens. So I guess, it will be after 3. Hicks lives as we learned. Thats official. He failed to save Ripley on Fury as we see in the DLC for Colonial Marines which is of yet, canon.

So- they will probably clone Newt and Ripley long before the events of Alien Resurrection. During the lifetime of Hicks. It will be so secret, that it is lost to the future of Alien Resurrection.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Shamo on Nov 16, 2015, 09:24:11 PM
He just said it will continue the style of Aliens. So I guess, it will be after 3. Hicks lives as we learned. Thats official. He failed to save Ripley on Fury as we see in the DLC for Colonial Marines which is of yet, canon.

Colonial Marines isn't considering canon anymore. At the minute, canon is only Prometheus, Alien, Alien: Out of the Shadows, Alien: Isolation, Aliens, Aliens: River of Pain, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection, Fire and Stone, Aliens: Sea of Sorrows and Predator: Incursion.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 16, 2015, 09:26:53 PM
Quote from: Shamo on Nov 16, 2015, 09:24:11 PM

Colonial Marines isn't considering canon anymore. At the minute, canon is only Prometheus, Alien, Alien: Out of the Shadows, Alien: Isolation, Aliens, Aliens: River of Pain, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection, Fire and Stone, Aliens: Sea of Sorrows and Predator: Incursion.

Uh, when was this?  Last I heard Fox said it was still canon, is this fan propaganda again?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Not at all. As I've mentioned before, those are the current "canon" titles as I've been told by folk associated with Fox.

predxeno

predxeno

Did they make a formal announcement about it?  Where can I find a source?

Shamo

Shamo

Its not canon? But thats weird. I mean even in the Titan Books there was a small mention of the Colonial Marines incident, if I recall right. I cant pinpoint what it was, but it must have been in Seas of Sorrows...

But i its cool that they took Alien Isolation in. I  didn't know about that.

predxeno

predxeno

As far as I am aware, Fox's stance is that all EU canon is canon; any changes that were going to be made were put on hold with the announcement of an alternate timeline for Alien 5.

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

FOX's stance is whatever sounds like a good idea at the time.

predxeno

predxeno

That's pretty much the fans' stance too. ;)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: predxeno on Nov 16, 2015, 10:43:42 PM
Did they make a formal announcement about it?  Where can I find a source?

No formal announcement. And it's unlikely they will. It's just what I've been told by those in the know.

Quote from: Shamo on Nov 16, 2015, 11:47:32 PM
Its not canon? But thats weird. I mean even in the Titan Books there was a small mention of the Colonial Marines incident, if I recall right. I cant pinpoint what it was, but it must have been in Seas of Sorrows...

I don't think they ever did. I definitely can't recall that coming up.

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 16, 2015, 08:30:07 AM
Carrie tweeted this a few hours ago: "Exciting things regarding #Aliens...that in mind, I'm not in talks for Aliens5, guaranteed excitement for fans of the franchise #Aliens30th"

So apparently she was talking about this new anniversary comic that's coming out?  It's a heck of a coincidence if she's not.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I've tweeted to ask. I'm hoping not though. Doesn't really seem worth her excitement just to use her character name. I was hoping for something more involving of her herself.

predxeno

predxeno

I don't think it is, a LOT of stuff is going on to celebrate #Aliens30th so I'm sure she's doing something else to help promote the event.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed