#NEWTLIVES

Started by Ultramorph, Nov 14, 2015, 01:58:37 AM

Author
#NEWTLIVES (Read 27,423 times)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Beatnation on Nov 15, 2015, 08:48:16 PM
More shit,"Alien 3.2" it's dead, get over it.

Based on what? Because nobody involved in the projct has declared that.

predxeno

predxeno

I've wanted Newt to come back to life for a LONG time.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: predxeno on Nov 16, 2015, 04:45:43 AM
I've wanted Newt to come back to life for a LONG time.

Right on!  You have a heart.  Killing her and Hicks off was the dumbest thing that happened to the franchise prior to AVP:R.

predxeno

predxeno

Hearing the hashtag #NEWTLIVES reminds me of this fan film that was released a while back, anyone else remember this:

CainsSon

CainsSon

Hmmm...In detective work, they say 90% of the time the most obvious answer is the correct one... :D

It doesn't make any sense to me, that this tweet is in reference to a 'FAN FILM.' Especially considering that cease and desist letter the last Fan-film 'ALIEN: IDENTITY' received when she was supposed to play NEWT in that...
Think about it! If you or I had received that cease and desist letter, wouldn't we take that letter as a giant red-flag for us NOT TO move forward playing this character, in something else Fan-made? I'm sure Carrie Henn would be thinking the same and she wouldn't do so without some sort of direct permission, communicated from FOX.
She would probably be able to say so if she was going to play NEWT for a new fan-film, on Twitter. And anyone making a fan-film like that, would also want to receive a cease and desist letter before taking a huge risk like that, given the issue with the last one, right? So these fan-filmmakers and Carrie Henn would want to know if they simply couldn't do it, before they move into production, risk getting shut down, or sued, after spending all kinds of money on a Fan film - given the circumstances. It really is quite soon to just assume ALIEN 5 isn't happening and Fox no longer cares so that last letter can be ignored....
'Fan-filmmakers' would otherwise want for, and encourage Carrie Henn to shout out on social media, every which way possible to say she was gonna play Newt in their fan-film, in order to generate interest and probably crowd funding.

With all these movies planned, green lighting a new game or series of books/comics NOW seems logical enough, but we havent heard anything about that yet. Considering that we know about all these movies being planned and have heard nothing new about games and books... No. I'd wager, this has something to do with what we already know. Which is: they are making new alien films that plan to continue after Aliens, and Hicks survives, leaving Newt's fate up in the air.
I say Ridley Scott is looking ahead - that's the way that guy thinks - he and Fox do intend to produce A5, and to ultimately tie everything together... Unless there is something more apparent, I deduce that this looks like it confirms she has been contacted about doing ALIEN 5! ... At least, to me anyway!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Carrie tweeted this a few hours ago: "Exciting things regarding #Aliens...that in mind, I'm not in talks for Aliens5, guaranteed excitement for fans of the franchise #Aliens30th"

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

The most obvious idea seems to be some kind of new DVD/Blu-Ray reissue, but hasn't just about all available material been released now?

Unless the remastering process has been polished up, of course. It was good for the Blu-Ray, but its predecessor still managed to look better.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 16, 2015, 09:51:50 AM
The most obvious idea seems to be some kind of new DVD/Blu-Ray reissue, but hasn't just about all available material been released now?

Unless the remastering process has been polished up, of course. It was good for the Blu-Ray, but its predecessor still managed to look better.
I hope the teal and orange is gone.There might still be deleted material not previously released(Drop ship refuelling?)and hopefully a new commentary.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

They did a re-release for Alien and after Giger's death IIRC. Don't think there was anything new on it, just a repackage with some extra goodies.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 16, 2015, 11:11:53 AM

They did a re-release for Alien and after Giger's death IIRC. Don't think there was anything new on it, just a repackage with some extra goodies.
What were the "extra goodies"?

Corporal Hicks

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Thanks.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Triborn?

predxeno

predxeno

I want another fan film, anything else just wouldn't fit next to the #NEWTLIVES label.

Corporal Hicks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed