New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios

Started by Moosh89, Jan 17, 2018, 05:20:48 PM

Author
New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios (Read 153,822 times)

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Nazrel on Feb 27, 2021, 02:28:10 AM
I never cared for the gameplay of 2010 but the story was nice. i do miss playing first person as an alien. AvP and AvP2 are fantastic but im ready for something new. Doesnt seem like custom campaigns get made anymore for avp2.

if we dont get to play as the alien in the next game ill be disappointed
Apparently, it's a human only game, but not a scary one, another one where the xenos are fodder

[cancerblack]

Naith

Well we don't know anything about the project. I hope they pick the destiny formula but mixed it properly with horror/tension elements. I don't want to kill aliens as sport (but certainly it is hard to imagine some kind of formula where enemies reserves respect in this type of games).

If things are not totally broken in the launch by design decisions the game could be improved later with the community feedback, you can see star wars battlefront 2 as reference.

Anyways, we must await until alien day to perhaps see something.

BlueMarsalis79

The Destiny formula's dead on arrival for me, no thank you man, that's not just an awful model for videogames in general but it's particularly inappropriate for Alien.

Machiko Naguchi

Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 28, 2021, 03:05:06 PM
The Destiny formula's dead on arrival for me, no thank you man, that's not just an awful model for videogames in general but it's particularly inappropriate for Alien.

What elements are you referring to from Destiny? I agree it may not be the best fit for an Alien game. And while there are definitely things about Destiny that are bad, there are some things in Destiny that can be fun. Just wondering what your perspective is for that type of game?

BlueMarsalis79

Think of the most negative thought you can concerning it, got it? Okay that's not even close to how much I loathe it or the business model it popularized.

Machiko Naguchi

I can only assume you are referring to either the "looter shooter" aspect or microtransactions. I don't think they started either one or were the worst offender at either one.

PAS Spinelli

The only looter shooter game with fodder AI that has good PvE is Second Extinction and 100% this game wont be like it

Naith

I hope the game will be some kind of modern version of aliens online, a pc game from 1998. In that game you choose between alien or marine (with a little customization) and then you chose a location. On each location were an alien nest with a queen. Marines objetive was killing all aliens and queen and aliens prevent this.  The locations was not linear and it was more like mini open world zones.

If you pick this and add a lot of customization and a base with things to do (nexus) instead of just a selection menu and do more variable objetives on each zone (using exploration instead of kills for the loot aspect) for example kill queen, Save citizens, secure a point, extract some items, survive a time... Etc.  I can look at this and see a good looking formula even with all the destiny package.

BlueMarsalis79

FOMO just makes me sick.

[cancerblack]

PREMIUM LIVE SERVICE

Machiko Naguchi

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Mar 01, 2021, 06:52:58 PM
The only looter shooter game with fodder AI that has good PvE is Second Extinction and 100% this game wont be like it

Despite the numerous problems, I would argue that there are definitely some good PvE aspects in Destiny. If you think it has zero redeeming qualities then I think you either haven't played it very much or just do not like that type of game.

Voodoo Magic

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed