New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios

Started by Moosh89, Jan 17, 2018, 05:20:48 PM

Author
New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios (Read 153,848 times)

Wweyland

I am excited although it is another FPS game. Would be interesting if we got an 3rd person shooter instead.

Corporal Hicks

I'm not sure 3rd person would be the right approach to take. They tried it during the development of Isolation and the devs kept moving the camera to be the nose. I know 3rd person is the more standard horror mechanic but it just works better in first IMHO.

Now Predator...gimme a big 3rd person galaxy-wide free-roam thing ala GTA or Wildlands.

Anthony

Hell yeah.

Kailem

Yeah my dream Predator game would be one that takes place across multiple different planets with different environments and alien prey to hunt, with several trips down to Earth at various periods in history. And third-person for that would indeed be excellent.

I thought having the Aliens being in third person worked well in the Colonial Marines multiplayer, but that was partly because the Marines weren't. I feel like the best approach to take multiplayer-wise with an Alien/Predator/AVP game is to do something much more slow-paced, more akin to something like Rainbow 6: Siege or Counter-Strike, where you only have one life per round and no respawns so you can better recreate the movies' feeling of dread and tension, rather than just the bog standard team deathmatches that most multiplayer modes in past games have been.

Mixing third and first-person views for something like that would be good. Keep the marines in first, Aliens in third and maybe the Predators too. But I digress.... :laugh:

Vrastal

I hooe its like avp2

I miss playing as an alien

Sharksleep

Could we just have a finished Aliens: Crucible instead? No? Okay...  :(

Metbert

I have only 3 hopes:

-That they don't try to tie up the game's story with the movies.
-Possibility to play as a xeno in the story.
-Some variety in the enemies.... that was the only thing ACM did right.

Huggs

Well, I wish em lots of luck and I hope they make something really cool. But if its strictly online then I'm out. Can't get good internet where I live. Not a big online fan anyway, doesn't have the shelf life of offline play. Old-school gamer here. Put the cartridge/disc in, play the game with your buddies right there. No muss, no fuss. I'll keep waiting for Isolation 2, AVP4 or a decent offline Aliens style fps. Still, it's always good to see interest maintained in the franchise. Who knows, maybe this will get Sega moving on something in the future.

MattFiler

I heard that Sega's Alien license from Fox was based on the number of games they released, not an amount of time. I guess they were capped at three - hopefully this doesn't mean that a sequel to Isolation is off the cards though.

I'd love to see a shooter done in a really inventive way - leveraging the retro and detailed aspect of something like Alien: Isolation for a setting and design, rather than going future tech like Prometheus or Covenant. Decent equipment customisation, map choices and character options would really help sell it. Not just "all guns blazing" like A:CM, somehow some kind of horror aspect to it like Isolation would be amazing.

Evanus

MattFiler

Also, don't get too hyped - it was three years between the announcement of the Creative Assembly's Alien game and the release of Alien: Isolation, so this might be quite a way off.

Jarac

Jarac

Not getting hyped after Colonial Marines, but I loved Alien: Isolation. I'm glad Fox recognized the success that Isolation was. I hope we finally get another game that does Aliens justice (like Isolation did for Alien). The franchise needs another win. Give us a solid story campaign and good multi-player, and you win.

acrediblesource

Dah.... What they need to do is not make another Aliens game, but a game made in the universe of Alien. Unless they are going to REDO ACM, they should just make this increasing scary in the world in which the game may take place. The success of Aisolation was because of the inclusion of other elements like the working joes and the presence of the xeno in it's high res splendor. . We need something like this and include even more...other wise yet another attempt at an exclusively xenoworld will end up like the arcade game called  ACM.

I don't see multiplayer making it better.

Russ840

I really will be disappointed if this turns out to be a game That relies and focus' on online and multiplayer. I like me some single player action.

Pleased to get some game news though.

Chris!(($$))!

Everyone pray hard for this one. I loved Alien: Isolation but that wound from A:CM hasn't healed yet.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed