AvP Galaxy Fan Commentary: Aliens vs. Predator Requiem (Unrated)!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 20, 2020, 08:10:34 PM

Author
AvP Galaxy Fan Commentary: Aliens vs. Predator Requiem (Unrated)! (Read 20,794 times)

Corporal Hicks

We have just uploaded Alien vs. Predator Galaxy’s first ever fan commentary (though our third attempt!) and for our first release we’re watching the fan favourite Alien vs. Predator Requiem (right click and save as download), the Unrated Edition!

Don’t worry, it’s not entirely 2 hours of us tirelessly ripping into Requiem! We talk through things that we’re enjoying about the film, the things that we really don’t take to, plenty of mocking, and RidgeTop gets progressively more drunk over time!

At one point Xenomorphine mentions a fanfilm that we couldn’t recall the name of at the time. Here it is – Colonial Marines: Elite Force. And as promised at the end of the commentary, we have some drinking game suggestions to help entertain!

• Take one every time there’s a homage to the earlier films.
  • Every time you genuinely can’t see what’s happening on screen.
  • Every time there’s a piece of dialogue which literally makes you cringe.
  • Every time a character, including the monsters, does something stupid.

What did you think of our first attempt at a fan commentary? Be sure to let us know down below! We’re previously had the pleasure of chatting to two people involved in Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem for our Podcast: Ian Feuer who played various Predators in the film, and a very candid discussion with creative consultant Liam O'Donnell. They’re well worth a listen if we do say so ourselves!

Keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on Alien and Predator! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 20, 2020, 08:10:34 PM
Don't worry, it's not entirely 2 hours of us tirelessly ripping into Requiem! We talk through things that we're enjoying about the film

Soooo... it's 1 hour and 59 minutes of tireless ripping?

Poor RidgeTop!  No wonder he got drunk!  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Oh we behave! lol And I'm sure you get a shout out in this one btw.

Russ840

Is this going to be released as a podcast ?

426Buddy

It wasn't negative! Ridgetop just really likes the film and AP and Xenomorphine do their best to stay positive,

One thing is for sure, after all these podcasts I can say that Ridgetop and I do not share the same taste in movies. lol.

Great job guys, it was a fun listen! :)

TheSailingRabbit

New drinking game: take a shot every time Xenomorphine says, "Hello, pregnant Sue!", every time RidgeTop tries to defend certain aspects of the movie, every time RidgeTop mentions booze, or every time Hicks sounds annoyed as hell.

I would love to see some podcasts where you comment on fan content. *cough, cough* Please look at my audiobook. :P :laugh:

If you do a commentary on Predator 2, you have to get Voodoo on. That'll be priceless.

Bob

AVPR is a masterpiece next to The Predator

Voodoo Magic

I'm actually really, really looking forward to listening to this!

We could all use some laughter I think with what's going on in the world, for sure!

FHGD

I wonder sometimes if AVP 2004 was rated-R and the theatrical release was the unrated version but with practical blood and no CGI blood, also have the Predators look better especially in the face. Would fans of been more forgiving?

AVP-CAPCOM

The "unrated" avp 2004 was still pg-13. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom had more practical blood and gore and that was between the human characters.

Kradan

Kradan

Listened about an hour of it. Enjoying it so far.

... but when Corporal said that Requiem is more watchable than The Predator I experienced strong desire to turn it off, delete my account and nuke the entire site from orbit  :D

... once again I had that feeling when at the end RidgeTop tried to trick Corporal and Xenomorphine into saying that Requiem is better than The Predator.  >:(

426Buddy

But The Predator is a better film than AvPR, made more competently anyway. I tried to watch AvPR with this commentary but I ended up just listening to the commentary only lol.

Either way I probably won't be watching either film again for atleast the next several years.

Kradan

I laughed hard when Xenomorphine delivered :

"Oh, you survived ? Kill them !"

I like when he does that funny voice.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Russ840 on Mar 20, 2020, 09:44:27 PM
Is this going to be released as a podcast ?

In so much as it's on the podcast rss feed, yes, but that's it.

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Mar 20, 2020, 11:44:59 PM
New drinking game: take a shot every time Xenomorphine says, "Hello, pregnant Sue!", every time RidgeTop tries to defend certain aspects of the movie, every time RidgeTop mentions booze, or every time Hicks sounds annoyed as hell.

I sounded annoyed???

QuoteI would love to see some podcasts where you comment on fan content. *cough, cough* Please look at my audiobook. :P :laugh:

Ha. I need to download them to listen to in the car.

QuoteIf you do a commentary on Predator 2, you have to get Voodoo on. That'll be priceless.

The plan is to do all of them, but we're starting at the bottom and working up. Likely The Predator next.

Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 20, 2020, 11:10:43 PM
One thing is for sure, after all these podcasts I can say that Ridgetop and I do not share the same taste in movies. lol.

Great job guys, it was a fun listen! :)

Thank f**k for that! His taste is questionable - at best.  :P Glad you enjoyed it though!

PVC

Hi. Predator's fans.   Few years ago avpr was a crap for me as avp. But when I saw The Predator , suddenly avpr was a little bite better.  Anything is better than this 88 millions $ movie   Yes , avpr is not great , but at least they tried. It wasn't bad on purpose. Yes Bob avpr is a masterpiece next to predator. You re right   Poor actors playing tought guys. Poor music   Poor everything    A 88 millions $ poop ......
Regards   Thanks for your passion C Hicks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed