Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2019, 05:35:38 PM

Author
Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game (Read 159,319 times)

BlazinBlueReview

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 02, 2021, 02:05:57 PM
It's easy to play online too.

That's something I'm starting to look into. Especially cause I can't play Hunting Grounds any more cause had to switch to satellite internet only.

Corporal Hicks

Just have to try to find a playgroup. It's all mostly Skype and maybe Roll20 so not much bandwidth needed.

Xiggz456

Just got to the vehicle section

Spoiler
It includes both Kenner vehicles the Stinger and the Hovertread. The latter now being a Seegson designed vehicle  :laugh:
[close]

Xiggz456

So the main campaign follows up on the  "Destroyer of Worlds" scenario which is neat!

What's interesting is that so much of the lore from Gibson's A3 adaptations are present here. Including the UPP's version of a dropship which the book mentions was "coincidentally" the same design as the Cheyenne dropship lol. Also, something went down on Anchorpoint that was very similar to the script as both anchorpoint and a UPP station had contaminant issues which led to their demise.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Jun 07, 2021, 05:54:05 PMIncluding the UPP's version of a dropship which the book mentions was "coincidentally" the same design as the Cheyenne dropship lol.

Awful.

SM

Haven't read this yet, but also sounds a little lazy.

SiL

Sounds like there are lots of elements in there and he's prioritising where to spend his energy.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on Jun 07, 2021, 11:11:19 PM
Haven't read this yet, but also sounds a little lazy.
What should he have done instead?

Quote from: SiL on Jun 08, 2021, 12:33:48 AM
Sounds like there are lots of elements in there and he's prioritising where to spend his energy.
Seems sensible to me.

SiL

I imagine the three people who will ever care about that detail are in this thread, and anyone else who may think it's weird can just ... make that not the case, since they're in charge.

Corporal Hicks

That's just a callback to the odd Fox decision with the Dark Horse comic adaptation that we all rolled our eyes at. Made me chuckle.

SiL

So more of a joke?

SM

I'm finding a bit of that.

Quote from: SiL on Jun 08, 2021, 06:24:55 AM
I imagine the three people who will ever care about that detail are in this thread, and anyone else who may think it's weird can just ... make that not the case, since they're in charge.

What do you mean by th-

Oh yes...

I'll just be going now...

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Jun 08, 2021, 09:13:30 AM
So more of a joke?

Definitely a joke at the expense of the daft decision. But it's what Fox wanted the UPP dropship to look like in the comic, so it's what it looks like in the RPG I suppose.

BlueMarsalis79

With words you have wiggle room, in that way that prose's better than the appearance of it that we got, because being of the one design does not necessarily mean completely identical.

Xiggz456

Definitely an inside joke. Fortunately there's several other original UPP aerospace vehicles included as well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed