We Almost Got a Newt FPS

Started by Nukiemorph, Feb 11, 2020, 06:45:34 AM

Author
We Almost Got a Newt FPS (Read 12,789 times)

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Hicks lives/Turk dies > The Predator Newt

dinosauriac

dinosauriac

Wait, they actually *shot* that dumb Newt idea? I'm flabbergasted. Seriously? In what universe does that even begin to make sense to anybody? All I can think is that the makers of that movie must have actively set out to sabotage the franchise, I mean it's dead already, why not play around with the corpse...

I'm guessing the Alien game is going to be quietly cancelled / forgotten about now that Fox doesn't have much of a stake in it, and that Fox itself will be sold off because current Disney leadership doesn't understand the concept of alternative labels under umbrella companies. It'll happen, as stupid as it sounds, mark my words.

Just hoping that Hunting Grounds is a least passable as the final thing we get to play for the next decade outside of further inevitable mobile tie-ins.

Schrödinger

Schrödinger

Fuuuuuck. All the good stuff with potential always gets canned... Especially Singleplayer Storybased games >.< (Even though it's clear based on the market that people will still pay full price or way more for a great SP game. And yes I know this game wouldn't be "Canon" but something doesn't NEED to be canon to be good. Plenty of offshoots are fun as hell, which is what gaming is about, fun.).

maron

maron

I have no strong feelings, one way or the other.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: dinosauriac on Feb 13, 2020, 05:17:07 PM
Wait, they actually *shot* that dumb Newt idea? I'm flabbergasted. Seriously? In what universe does that even begin to make sense to anybody? All I can think is that the makers of that movie must have actively set out to sabotage the franchise, I mean it's dead already, why not play around with the corpse...

The film got butchered in the editing bay. Neither of the endings had been intended but had been made anyways due to a mixture of cuts, test-screening reactions, and making something so weird it would immediately get cut for the lesser evil. An Iron-Predator is a lot less crazy than someone from the future being in the pod.

The Predator is text-book example of how Fox needed to f**k off on the series because for as bad as the initial script got, any and all attempts at fixing it just made the problem worse and cost them money.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Feb 15, 2020, 01:09:33 PM
The film got butchered in the editing bay. Neither of the endings had been intended but had been made anyways due to a mixture of cuts, test-screening reactions, and making something so weird it would immediately get cut for the lesser evil. An Iron-Predator is a lot less crazy than someone from the future being in the pod.

Yeah, I still don't buy that rumor/theory scoop.

Adam802

Adam802

It really sucks that the best story setup for an Aliens game imo was taken by that pile of shit ACM.  A new marine squad being sent to check what happened to the squad from the movie is an awesome setup and actually continues the Alien storyline post-Alien 3.  Unfortunately ACM botched it by having the rest of the actual story suck.  So they ruined that setup now and I dont think another game will want to use the same story setup.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Yeah, a missed opportunity for sure.  :'(

Kailem

Kailem

As someone who welcomes both more Alien games and any opportunity to retcon Alien 3, it sucks that this didn't get made.

Evanus

Evanus

Honestly I'm glad this one didn't see the light of day. I'd much rather have something like Isolation again, maybe with marines and more action based gameplay. Or something with more prequel elements, I'd love to see Neomorphs in a game for example.

The Old One

The Old One

Totally agreed, so far, attempting to retcon any aspect of Aliens or Alien³ creates only the most notable garbage in the franchise. Looking at Resurrection arguably, ACM, RoP arguably, SoS, F&S arguably, Stasis Interrupted, L&D arguably, The Predator's original ending(s), the sound of Cliff Bleszinski's project, the sound of Frederik Schreiber's project and Neill Blomkamp's alternate sequel idea. None good in my opinion, and we've got two decent Graphic Novel alternate sequels already, but neither superior to the film we got.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Mar 03, 2020, 09:56:58 PM
Totally agreed, so far, attempting to retcon any aspect of Aliens or Alien³ creates only the most notable garbage in the franchise.
Yeah Isolation blew chunks.

SM

SM

:D

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I once got really drunk and blew Chunks.  :-[

SiL

SiL

I hope he tipped.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed