Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 386,848 times)

Darkness

Will more/different figures be available separately or is what's in the box all you will ever have?

Corporal Hicks

There are other expansions coming out. There were others available for the KS but they'll be coming out in the second wave. I can't remember them all but off hand I can recall -

Queen
Crusher
Praetorian
Warriors
Predalien

Power-Loader
Alternate Squad of Marines
Sargent
Dutch (from AvP Arcade game)
Linn (from AvP Arcade game)

and a bunch of Predator ones. Berserkers, cloaked figures, Predator Hounds.

They've said they'll make pretty much anything there's demand for aside from named characters from the films (due to likeness). They've got rights to pretty much the entire EU from the sounds of it.

Mr. Domino

I've been purposely restricting my painting to a bare minimum the past month or so, so that I'll be ready to go when the box arrives. Definitely planning on a somewhat exhaustive primer series for people new to the hobby on how to clean, assemble, and paint the models - considering doing an unboxing video as well, but I figure there will be plenty of those floating about once the KS shipments start arriving.

Corporal Hicks

Please do. I have no idea how to paint these!

[cancerblack]

I'll post some written/photographed tutorials too, although I don't have the equipment to do videos. The Aliens should be a piece of cake to paint, the marines look slightly harder, and elements of the Preds are gunna be challenging even for experienced painters (mostly the netting), although there will be ways to "cheat" that part.

Corporal Hicks

By all means post them up.  :)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Since I'm getting more than one box, I might do an "entry level" tutorial with some of the models and then some more advanced stuff later. For example, perhaps a very basic Predator with the "cheat" I mentioned for the netting gone into, marines with just basic colours and shading etc. Then for the advanced ones, go into manually painting the Pred-netting, painting camo patterns and eyes onto marines,  and so on.

Corporal Hicks

Sounds like a good plan. I'm sure those who aren't as confident will really appreciate all the resources from you and Mr Domino. I know I will.

[cancerblack]

Some really nicely painted models from the starter set:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

https://www.facebook.com/awakenrealms/posts/954320077965705 From here.

They look fantastic! It's so exciting to be so close to this!!  ;D I just hope it has life in it!

Prodos just tweeted: https://twitter.com/ProdosGames/status/603874242963361793/photo/1

Something Special coming to @ukgamesexpo #avp #hype

Now to see how to get my copy. I'll be there competing in the UK Star Trek Attack Wing Nationals.

People are already picking up at UK Games Expo. Awaiting unboxing snaps/videos.

https://www.facebook.com/daithforge

Some more pictures from a different artist:

These were done for the manual apparently.

Corporal Hicks

Some unboxing pictures:

[cancerblack]

Corporal Hicks

None left by the time I got there.  :-\

[cancerblack]

I'm thinking of selling one set of the tiles when mine arrive. I thought 3 was reasonable but after seeing how much is actually in the box, I'm sure I'll get by with two.

Corporal Hicks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed