Predators 10th Anniversary Retrospective - AvPGalaxy Podcast #111

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 07, 2020, 02:58:50 PM

Author
Predators 10th Anniversary Retrospective - AvPGalaxy Podcast #111 (Read 15,319 times)

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

The latter 3 forms, yes, correct and literal, the first one helll no, these other examples are all figurative, not literal. And I can guarantee you anyone lashing or nailing someone to that old ass stake form from back in the days before Christ wasn't calling it crucifixion, and if they were they were using the word incorrectly and/or figuratively too. They sure as hell didn't have the benefit of etymology or even commonly available resources for formal education, and the folk who started using it as a figurative term in the 1620's plainly didn't really care either. But a cul-de-sac is not and never will be a crossroads. But setting that aside...

My latter point is, what are the specific implications of saying this guy has been figuratively "crucified"? What for? Terror tactics? To scare the shit out of their enemies? Is it about... money?

Huggs

Huggs

It's a form of strappado.

Torture is the goal.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SpaceKase on Jul 18, 2020, 07:20:38 PM
The latter 3 forms, yes, correct and literal, the first one helll no, these other examples are all figurative, not literal. And I can guarantee you anyone lashing or nailing someone to that old ass stake form back in the days before Christ wasn't calling it crucifixion, and if they were they were using the word incorrectly and/or figuratively too.

Umm...

Shape of the cross not spelled out
"The word translated "cross" in the New Testament is the Greek word stauros, which notes, primarily, an upright pale or stake.

You're very passionate my friend but I think neither of us are in a position to guarantee anything in this subject my friend.  :)

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 18, 2020, 08:15:19 PM
Shape of the cross not spelled out
"The word translated "cross" in the New Testament is the Greek word stauros, which notes, primarily, an upright pale or stake.

You're very passionate my friend but I think neither of us are in a position to guarantee anything in this subject my friend.  :)

Fair enough, mon!

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 18, 2020, 07:26:54 PM
It's a form of strappado.

Torture is the goal.

I hear you Huggs, (See: The Fountain, Thor Ragnarok, and Mad Max: Fury Road). And thank you, I never knew this had a specific name!  It was really more of a set-up for Voodoo, a funny little thematic quotation-bait that I'm hoping he'll take...

..."crucified"? What for? Terror tactics? To scare the shit out of their enemies? Is it about... money?

/\ This is a very serious question VooDoo, and one I think you fully know the answer to...

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SpaceKase on Jul 18, 2020, 09:04:55 PM
It was really more of a set-up for Voodoo, a funny little thematic quotation-bait that I'm hoping he'll take...

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 19, 2020, 01:23:43 PM
Quote from: SpaceKase on Jul 18, 2020, 09:04:55 PM
It was really more of a set-up for Voodoo, a funny little thematic quotation-bait that I'm hoping he'll take...

https://media3.giphy.com/media/vXtN6Sn8A5cRy/giphy.gif

..."crucified"? What for? Terror tactics? To scare the shit out of their enemies? Is it about... money?

/\ This is a very serious question VooDoo, and one I think you fully know the answer to...

::smh::
I'm sorry, the correct response was...

This is not about Money! This is about Powaa!

Kradan

Kradan

I get it

SpaceKase

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 19, 2020, 07:33:50 PM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/pafG42HIrVE/hqdefault.jpg
I get it

Haha, Thanks Krad, my humor + the text format often lead to misunderstandings of the usual absurdity of my tone, plus it doesn't help that my standard lexicon is mainly composed of pop culture movie quotations and sometimes horribly paraphrased ones at that. Btw where's your caption quote about the dome from? It feels familiar but I can't place it. For some reason all I can hear in my head is "Stop eating my Sesame Cake!"

Kradan

Kradan

Oh, it just reflects my rank now - Warrior Alien and the fact that it "lost" it's dome in Aliens

When I was Chestburser I had something like this: "Watch out! I'm gonna bite off your feet!"

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 20, 2020, 05:41:47 AM
Oh, it just reflects my rank now - Warrior Alien and the fact that it "lost" it's dome in Aliens

When I was Chestburser I had something like this: "Watch out! I'm gonna bite off your feet!"

Ahhhh! Sokath, his eyes uncovered. I couldn't see the squid for all the tentacles. Well played sir, well played.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed