Should BLOMKAMP and SCOTT pursue story input from CAMERON?

Started by CainsSon, Aug 21, 2015, 03:16:53 AM

Author
Should BLOMKAMP and SCOTT pursue story input from CAMERON? (Read 9,542 times)

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: AlienĀ³ on Oct 01, 2015, 11:01:47 PM
Quote from: NickisSmart on Aug 24, 2015, 07:55:11 PM
That's my point. Is whatever the film is advertised as, it needs to be. I think a lot of people were disappointed with Prometheus because it wasn't what it was advertised as.

Was I the only one who thought the trailers fit fine? :-\

No, I'm with you on this one.  The movie was a great fulfillment of the ads.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: GQSioux on Oct 01, 2015, 08:36:56 PM
I said this in another thread, but after witnessing The Martian, I think Ridley should at least consult with Drew Goddard (The Martian, Cabin in the Woods, Lost, Cloverfield)  on the Alien: Paradise Lost screenplay since they just worked together and already have a winner on their hands.

I agree completely. Ridley needs talented people around him who understand their vision and their craft. It all worked for The Martian.

Quote from: AlienĀ³ on Oct 01, 2015, 11:01:47 PM
Quote from: NickisSmart on Aug 24, 2015, 07:55:11 PM
That's my point. Is whatever the film is advertised as, it needs to be. I think a lot of people were disappointed with Prometheus because it wasn't what it was advertised as.

Was I the only one who thought the trailers fit fine? :-\

I didn't think they fit. The trailer advertised a cerebral horror film. The film I got was a mess.  :-\

redalert51

BLOMKAMP is a good director and average writer, (there hundreds of directors that are just good, but they are the ones with "Blockbusters )   I really enjoyed his previous films especially " Elysium" , it  has been a 'Dream team of Scott and Cameron , by a lot Alien fans, myself included. Alien and Aliens are superb classics , What the fifth film needs is a new writer with a fresh perspective, Ridley Scott has said on various sound bites ,that the  Alien is is not the frightening creature it once was. I disagree myself . I envision the three of them having dinner at some high end restaurant with Cameron and Scott giving advice to Blomkamp (he as to pay the check } . In end though , " Alien 5" will be superb .                     

Gash

Alien 5 might work. But Blomkamp is an uneven director who already seems constrained by repetative themes in his films, and any Alien film that has to resort to binging Ripley back, let alone any of her Aliens co-stars, doesn't instill a great deal of confidence in me.

Xenomorphine

From what I remember, he had already written a basic story and it was talking to Weaver which convinced him to put her character in it. So, Ripley's inclusion won't be the bare bones of the story's structure. It'll be something which could have happened regardless of that character.

There was no 'resorting', just a fortuitous coincidence that she was interested.

Gash

Fair enough, but in my view Alien always being tied to the character of Ripley is dull, and at this stage seems regressive and repetitive. It's just another element that makes the project look like fan-boy material.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Gash on Oct 04, 2015, 11:22:41 PM
Fair enough, but in my view Alien always being tied to the character of Ripley is dull, and at this stage seems regressive and repetitive. It's just another element that makes the project look like fan-boy material.

Makes it a lot easier to sell to executives if Weaver wants to be involved.

Gash

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Oct 05, 2015, 12:03:54 PM
Quote from: Gash on Oct 04, 2015, 11:22:41 PM

Makes it a lot easier to sell to executives if Weaver wants to be involved.

Well precisely, and we know how inspired and imaginative execs are. They're looking for the formulaic.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed