Great new Prometheus SEQUEL article!

Started by amazing_prometheus, Jun 12, 2012, 06:30:33 PM

Author
Great new Prometheus SEQUEL article! (Read 26,170 times)

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Ooze on First on Jun 12, 2012, 08:58:45 PM'Plothole' is a term used as a crutch by the lazy of mind and those with no imagination.

Oh lordy lordy. ::)

Mohawksinspace

Quote from: Ooze on First on Jun 12, 2012, 08:58:45 PM
'Plothole' is a term used as a crutch by the lazy of mind and those with no imagination.

+1

whiterabbit

Maybe Prometheus poses all of the questions and Prometheus 2 answers some of them... here's hoping anyways.

obijuanmartinez

SPOILERS

What do I want?

1) New writer
2) A plot I CARE about
3) Characters I can care about, not 2D archetypes & redshirts

Sylizar

Quote from: SupremeBeing on Jun 12, 2012, 09:02:24 PM
Im not bothered about a sequel for the main reason that prometheus was utter garbage. Ive spent days scratching about on the internet trying to make sense of it and people have put some great theories out there but is this what we want from a film? People guessing at what its supposed to be about?

There's quite a few movies that fit that criteria, yet many people champion them. Go figure.

Alienseseses

What I want is scope. The best thing for me in Prometheus was the worldbuilding. More of that, please.

souNdwAve89

'Plothole' is a term used as a crutch by the lazy of mind and those with no imagination.

I agree somewhat with this statement. By no means am I saying that Prometheus was problem free because it wasn't. I have read some posts on here and other various forums that I frequently go to where a lot of negative criticism is from people who just didn't pay close enough attention to the movie. Of course things being left unanswered doesn't always mean it is a good movie, but in this case, in my opinion, it works okay for Prometheus. The first time I saw Prometheus, I was in the middle, but leaning more towards to the fact that I just didn't like it. During my second viewing with my friends who haven't seen it, I started to like the movie more. I caught some things that I didn't catch the first time around (second viewing was better since it was on a weekday afternoon, so less people). I mean, there are people out there who prefer a movie that just straight up gives you answers or hand feeds you it. I think if Prometheus' script and execution was better, the movie ending with lingering questions would work out fine.

Darklarik

More on the jockies, motivations culture weaponary reasons for making the alien (which is clearly one of their many weapons), and if possible at least a cameo of a Xenomorph, preferably killing this new Engineer alien at the end of the film and reminding us whos boss

williammcnasty#awesome92

williammcnasty#awesome92

Quote from: Truise on Jun 12, 2012, 08:42:35 PM
Quote from: Darkness on Jun 12, 2012, 07:19:59 PM
Not sure I agree with the Originality part. I thought a big reason why people wasn't fond of it was because it wasn't an Alien movie with the same creatures.

I see it the other way around. Most people i know would have liked to go further in the direction it seems to be going.

I, for one, am tired of Alien's.

then why are you here?

And stuff

And stuff

It's still applicable regardless of how lazy the reviewer was in his or her word choice, lol.

Alien1

well i would love to see what happens with that alien thing at the very end....

G8RSG1

I don't understand all the hating on the dialogue  :-\ Neither me, nor my wife felt at any point that the dialogue was "bad." Even Vickers' you'll die down there quote worked much better when you see the full scene.

amazing_prometheus

amazing_prometheus

I thought the worst parts of the dialogue were:

"You can pay me on the other side...''
"Father"!"
... and several Holloway points.

Screenplay was worse than dialogue- pacing, and plot issues (eg- SJ attacks Shaw with no helmet, why did he take his helmet off when he had to walk in the atmosphere outside to get to her, after putting it on ?!)

MrT

MrT

Why would we want a sequel to a film that asks such empty questions? This is the laziest, most neglectful and pretentious movie that I have ever seen. Even Alien 3 had more substance!

G8RSG1

Quote from: amazing_prometheus on Jun 13, 2012, 05:50:55 AM
I thought the worst parts of the dialogue were:

"You can pay me on the other side...''
"Father"!"
... and several Holloway points.

Screenplay was worse than dialogue- pacing, and plot issues (eg- SJ attacks Shaw with no helmet, why did he take his helmet off when he had to walk in the atmosphere outside to get to her, after putting it on ?!)

For all you know, his helmet could have been damaged in the crash.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed