Great new Prometheus SEQUEL article!

Started by amazing_prometheus, Jun 12, 2012, 06:30:33 PM

Author
Great new Prometheus SEQUEL article! (Read 26,305 times)

amazing_prometheus

amazing_prometheus

Dear all,

I just found a very good new article on the potential new PROMETHEUS SEQUEL!!!!

http://whatculture.com/film/prometheus-5-things-we-want-to-see-in-a-sequel.php

There are some very interesting points in here, especially regarding the potential plot and what we would like to see improved...

AP ;-)

Aceburster

5 things we want to see in a sequel: 5 things we should have seen in the first one.

amazing_prometheus

amazing_prometheus

True! But still...

Darkness

Not sure I agree with the Originality part. I thought a big reason why people wasn't fond of it was because it wasn't an Alien movie with the same creatures.

fiveways

I want less Shaw.  Naomi Rapace just doesn't do it for me.  David was shockingly awesome.

I also want less "Alien".  More new stuff.

Also, a better score.

Truise

Quote from: Darkness on Jun 12, 2012, 07:19:59 PM
Not sure I agree with the Originality part. I thought a big reason why people wasn't fond of it was because it wasn't an Alien movie with the same creatures.

I see it the other way around. Most people i know would have liked to go further in the direction it seems to be going.

I, for one, am tired of Alien's.

And stuff

I think this (out of the things mentioned in the article) is what I'd like to see change the most:

Spoiler
For all its gloriously gorgeous 3D visuals and wonderfully wrought alien vistas, Prometheus was burdened by an at times trying screenplay which was riddled with a number of chest-burster sized plot-holes... The trillion dollar mission, probably the most important scientific endeavour of all time, employed some absurdly dumb individuals- not least the biologist Milburn, who attempted to befriend not only strung-out geologist Fifield but a terrifying alien space-snake! I had to suspend my disbelief at the fact that there had been no prior mission briefing on Earth and that, on a mission to engage extraterrestrials, there was no pre-established protocol on what to do if the crew actually encountered any extraterrestrials... Also the fact that the spaceship just happened to materialise at the one place on LV-223 that hosted the sole surviving Engineer was implausible.

The most glaring plot issue for me though was the fact that CEO-in-waiting and presumed business whizz-kid Meredith Vickers couldn't work out that, if she had run several metres to the right when the Engineer's spacecraft was falling down around her, she would probably still be alive.

It amazes me that Ridley and his team did not pick up on some of these glaring plot deficiencies. In some cases a few lines of exposition could have tidied things up, and hopefully a future cut of the film will bandage over some of these issues. Nevertheless, let's hope and pray to our space-jockey creators that the producers of the sequel come up with a tighter plot and screenplay the first time round!
[close]

Ooze on First

'Plothole' is a term used as a crutch by the lazy of mind and those with no imagination.

SupremeBeing

SupremeBeing

Im not bothered about a sequel for the main reason that prometheus was utter garbage. Ive spent days scratching about on the internet trying to make sense of it and people have put some great theories out there but is this what we want from a film? People guessing at what its supposed to be about? I really cant believe how much it sucked all the questions it raised and did not answer it literally is lost all over again. The trailers made it out to be an Alien film but it was just lame.

Spoiler
It had terrible characters, terrible dialogue. "if you are going out there your going to die" a geologist with mapping equipment who get lost and a moron who is stupid enough to try to touch an alien snake thing after nearly wetting his pants at a life sign several minutes before ......Space Jesus 2000 years ago may be why the engineers wanted us dead....... really.......Please make it stop now....... All the AVP directors must have smirked their faces off when they saw this
[close]

Finally it had the worst score of any film ive seen for a long time.........

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I want to see Fox makes a sequel in the first place. We hear about a sequel after the movie then nothing for the next few years.

DaddyYautja

Quote from: Ooze on First on Jun 12, 2012, 08:58:45 PM
'Plothole' is a term used as a crutch by the lazy of mind and those with no imagination.

Pretty sure most of us paid to see a movie that actually tells  a complete story instead of one coming up with our own stories of what we saw.

TheLoon

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jun 12, 2012, 09:24:32 PM

Pretty sure most of us paid to see a movie that actually tells  a complete story instead of one coming up with our own stories of what we saw.

well then you were wrong...you were so wrong because that was never what this film was advertised as...Lindelof said multiple times that this movie would create far more questions than it answered...but it did answer the big question...who was the space jockey? he was from a race of beings that seeded earth with the building blocks for human evolution...done

DaddyYautja

Quote from: TheLoon on Jun 12, 2012, 09:36:23 PM
Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jun 12, 2012, 09:24:32 PM

well then you were wrong...you were so wrong because that was never what this film was advertised as...Lindelof said multiple times that this movie would create far more questions than it answered..

I wasnt wrong because i dont go around following what Damon says and im pretty sure most of the people that saw the film dont go around following what the writers of a film says. I simply go by what the trailer, commercial, and short summaries show and if this was supposed to be a Make-your-own-adventure film this should have been advertised in trailers, commercials and so on. Because if this was truly advertised fully i would havent seen it.

.but it did answer the big question...who was the space jockey? he was from a race of beings that seeded earth with the building blocks for human evolution...done

What does a question about another movie have to do with wanting a complete competent story in another?

thecaffeinatedone

I'd like to see a better edited longer story, following a single thread. Errrmm......And no dunce cap alien.

amazing_prometheus

amazing_prometheus

Unless you're trolling, this is the most ridiculous thing to have ever been said.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed