AvPR Nominated For Razzies

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 21, 2008, 03:51:26 PM

Author
AvPR Nominated For Razzies (Read 21,356 times)

Rob - - - - - - ski

Rob - - - - - - ski

In short: which is the better film to watch? A film about characters that features violence or a colaboration of violence that uses people as a reason or excuse to help display that violence?  AVP and, even worse, AVPR are bad films PERIOD (NO JUSTIFICTATION) are that things that matter most , that the PURPOSE a story exists, are being TRASHED DOWN TO SHIT to only have factors , EXISTING ONLY WHEN A STORY AND IT CHARACTERS EXIST, could be put there with an excuse to EXIST AT ALL.

Jenga

Jenga

academy awards ARE oscars Hicks.

Deco

Deco

ZEN:  I agree, some critics dont approach these movies the way they should. But even as a popcorn flick, even as a movie, this just takes the biscuit. I mean the script is non-sensical! Example: The sherif orders an evac on the town just because the lights go out everywhere. (Not really but since he called an evac not knowing what was going on, because he, nor anyone explained that aliens were overtaking the town, the lights going out was the only major event that caused panic) there were only 10 people or so who we saw being directly affected by the aliens - the evac would have been justified if we had news reports about dozens of people being killed off. I really hate that Predator and alien are associated with this movie.  I AM A PROUD HATER OF THIS MOVIE  purely because I AM A PROUD LOVER OF THE ORIGINALS.  THis movie is truely a mess and AVP 1 is gold compared to this. Im serious, I actually see AVP1 in a whole different way now... (ITs still crap but my God, this movie is like an episode of Dawsons Creek)  PS, I did like the scenes with the predator alone on screen

konradski

konradski

@tony dont forget to tick both the boxes on the signing up page one to say you are over 14 years of age ,and the agreement at the bottom  if your not getting an email check your bulk folder and remember to set it accordingly ,ie if youve made changes to its function or switched it off  still having issues ask  admin ,

XenoVC

XenoVC

Don't worry that Gay"I know who killed me" will win it anyway    :D  

Tony

Tony

On the forum there is only two check boxes I see one that says I am 14 on top then the agree button. I don't know why joining certain things is so f**king hard these days I was lucky enough to join You Tube ok. All this email and password shit is pissing me off. I probably won't post any more versions of AVPR or future news I just wanted to share my ideas with all of you to see what you thought in comparison to Shane's script. But thanks anyway for trying to help me out. From now on I'll just post normal comments like the rest of you.

Hicks_0998

Hicks_0998

Man since when did I compare Academy awards to Oscars?   ???     ???  

Hicks_0998

Hicks_0998

Hey Tony nice post man, you've really got it nailed.  From what I've read I take it you've researched a helluva lot and taken bits and pieces and formed a cohesive story.  The bit that I find the most interesting is Dutch's cousin as you only heard about Dutch's brother in the comics.  The emphasis on the marines also sounds more akin to the games and novels than anything else which would translate well to screen.  Awesome job mate    ;D     ;D  

ZEN

ZEN

Deco:  The sheriff orderd the evac because the nuclear power-plants transformers were destroyed.

Tony

Tony

Thanks Hicks 0998 thanks for your honesty.

"The 'going back to the roots' feature is just so amazing it leaves you speechless"  yeah really. it leaves us speechless - so dumb these "going backs" are, so far this "movie" is from originals. but it is right what comics-based universe deserves )

Hicks_0998

Hicks_0998

No worries Tony, do you think Predator 2 would've been alot better if they had stuck to the original comics and had Dutch's brother and partner?  The comics were huge in their own right.

Tony

Tony

I never actually read the comics just the novels which I own along with Big Game even though it's not connected to the other two but maybe some day I will get the comics since Im more of a Predator fan. I thought Predator 2 was cool the way it was but yeah I think they should of had Dutch's brother and partner instead of Danny Glover. But I have to admit the scene at the end of Predator 2 is awesome with all the Predators and the Elder leader in their ship. If Predator 2 was called Concrete Jungle then Predator 3 could have been Cold War.

ZEN

ZEN

Deco:  Its too bad you did'nt like the movie,but im not one of those freaks who go around trying to get people to like or not like a movie.I just make people look at the whole picture rather then just bits and peices and making up their own twisted logic for the movies/comics etc.What i liked about the movie was that the predator was'nt on a hunt,he was just cleaning up the mess.I imagen Wolf was thinking to himself "Oh great,those f**king bumb-a$$es let a predalien get loose,and now i have to clean it up,those morons." and to me it showed another aspect of predator life.The brothers did NOT break continuity with the aliens because in A2 there were only the drones and a queen.And as Tony would agree in the novel AVP:PREY Yeyinda said that in some cases a drone will turn into a queen if there are no hosts or a queen (if im remembering it right).And in the novelization of A3 it said that a drone can implant 1 embryo into a being to start a hive and 1 in 5000 is a queen,and if not the new drone can implant an embryo aswell.

ZEN

ZEN

Deco:  And if one were to asume that the predalien were turning into a queen then it would make sense for it to lay more then just one egg with its inner mouth.And with the multiple chest bursters with the pregnant women,one can just asume its because of the emnionic fluid (I know i spelled it wrong).May i ask what you did'nt like about it?   :)  .

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed