Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 386,723 times)

Arterial Spray

The latest update shows that their "WY Commandos" are A:CM PMCs with marine weapons.

I am somewhat less than impressed.

https://d2pq0u4uni88oo.cloudfront.net/assets/001/577/832/4eea9b35c5c338cd1d2baa35766612d3_h264_high.mp4

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Time to get onto the Prodos board and voice concerns. They seem pretty open to change.

This is looking good though.

And finally! My preview.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/website/articles/avp-miniature-game-open-day-preview/

Corporal Hicks

Back in November I attended a special open day for pledgers of Prodos Games’ Aliens vs. Predator – Miniature Game Kickstarter campaign. The game mechanics weren’t fully developed and only a small number of models were on show at the time but I had a blast!

“In the boardgame versions of the game, I witnessed Predators being downed by Aliens on all sides of him so the swarm mechanic doesn't leave the Aliens underpowered. Aliens also demonstrated nice defensive abilities that were supposed to emulate their agile nature by being able to completely ignore hits if certain numbers were rolled.”

avp-miniature05 - AvPG Previews AvP Miniature Game

You can read more of my impressions and a gallery of photos from the day in my preview article. I’m looking forward to seeing more of the game! As well as that I have also updated my review of Dark Horse’s Aliens vs. Predator Omnibus Volume 1. You can also see these and other articles in the articles section of the website.

SizzyBubbles

OH MAN THIS LOOKS SO RAD.

I used to take my little bro and his friends to those Warhammer 40,000 games way back when. Those games are fun... but take some getting used to. Mainly i enjoyed painting the figures for them  :P

How cool will it be to play a tabletop game for AVP?!?! Looks pretty cool from what i can tell.

Corporal Hicks

I could never get into 40K as a kid but I always thought it'd make a cool AvP game. Now I'm at that point where I can get into tabletop games, I'm so excited to finally see an AvP wargame!  :)

Arterial Spray

Looks more detailed than any other version I have seen before.

Also like the "giant fingers of crushing" for size.  :laugh:

p1nk81cd

Dis gonna cost a small fortune to have them all!  :laugh:

Hell, I ain't got a clue how to play tabletop games, but I would learn just to play this.

Do want- DO WANT!!!

Corporal Hicks

I'm waiting for the pledge adjuster to go online - I'm gonna give them even more money. I only play Star Trek Attack Wing at the minute but I've just brought a set of Firestorm Armada ships so I need to try painting.

[cancerblack]

I'm testing out the beta version of the Pledge Manager at the moment, and it's very difficult not to add a ton of additional money, looking at all those options!

[cancerblack]

Pledge Manager is up errybody!

Corporal Hicks

Is there a time limit on upping the pledge?

SizzyBubbles

Unless i missed it in  the article... are they gonna be pre-painted? I have some experience painting those tiny dudes, but it would save a lot of time (and my eyes).

[cancerblack]

April I think. They explain it in the emails sent out today.

Corporal Hicks

They come unpainted. Which means I need to start working on painting miniatures.  :P

Corporal Hicks

Ah, I see. Didn't get the email notification. Well they can have more of my money later on!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed